Fellow Xbox One owners why do we support this madness?

#1Darkside_ShadowPosted 4/24/2014 3:45:41 AM
I have owned an Xbox One and a Ps4 for 3 months now. Also the Wii U but that is another story.

At first I was delighted by the Xbox One. The controller is great, just great.
So great I ordered a Titanfall edition which is in fact even better.
Credits for that MS. The console is also quiet, which is nice.
The exclusive games are also great, no complaints.

But then as time went by things changed. And now I wonder why it was $100 more than the Ps4 and why does Xbox Live cost money?
I mean I don't remember asking for Kinect and my Ps3 and Ps4 already has a working cloud service
for saved games. Yes I am looking at you BF4 saves who has gone missing from my Xbox One and is no longer to be found. Yet as if by magic is still there on my Ps4? How Microsoft? Why?

And on top of all that the Ps4 has more pixels on screen. I counted, there are more.
How can this be? How can a machine that cost less have more of the secret sauce?
Also for the same amount you pay for just being allowed to play online on Xbox One.
You can have a service called PS+ which out of nowhere gives you free games every month.
How is this possible?

How many of you can honestly say the Kinect has added to your gaming? All I see is three red dots glowing from a camera that cost more than useful hardware such as Ram and CPU.
What MS did to gamers who supported their gaming consoles in the past is just sad.
They deserve to struggle against the Ps4.

All Sony did was add a better controller, more hardware, for less money. I can see why it is doing better. And all it pretty much does is play games. The Ps4 sales is in fact proving that all gamers ever wanted was to play games.

GGMS
#2Engineer-samaPosted 4/24/2014 3:49:08 AM
Darkside_Shadow posted...
all gamers ever wanted was to play games.

Tru dat.
Preach teh good word bradah.
#3Tyronelio1Posted 4/24/2014 3:58:13 AM
I like my ONE and the top notch gaming and multimedia and kinect experience it provides me with.

I also like knack and infamous, more so knack with my little brother that the ps4 provides me with.
---
Welcome to Sonyfaqs.com, http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/69072065#26.
Talk about reassurance.
#4billsfanno1Posted 4/24/2014 3:58:31 AM
X1 has the games I want to play right now, PS4 doesn't. X1's added functionality is a value add for me because I use apps like Music, Video and NFL and make much use of snap. Kinect Sports is actually a fun game once you suffer through the tutorial, so yes it does add to the experience for my family. If you actually invested the time to count pixels and it matters that much, I don't know why you're in a console forum because PC is the only thing that should satisfy you.
#5Rdeal2Posted 4/24/2014 4:01:36 AM
If all they ever wanted was to play games why do Sony fans spend more time on this board bragging about how much better the pixel count is than playing games and if you ask me X1 has the better choice of games
#6Darkside_Shadow(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2014 4:06:23 AM
billsfanno1 posted...
X1 has the games I want to play right now, PS4 doesn't. X1's added functionality is a value add for me because I use apps like Music, Video and NFL and make much use of snap. Kinect Sports is actually a fun game once you suffer through the tutorial, so yes it does add to the experience for my family. If you actually invested the time to count pixels and it matters that much, I don't know why you're in a console forum because PC is the only thing that should satisfy you.

You are right I just prefer console, always have. But good points.
#7Darkside_Shadow(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2014 4:11:41 AM
Rdeal2 posted...
If all they ever wanted was to play games why do Sony fans spend more time on this board bragging about how much better the pixel count is than playing games and if you ask me X1 has the better choice of games

This is also why I bought it. The games. I guess I just got angry at Microsoft for not focusing more on the games and going the "entertainment" route.
I think I am mostly butthurt because I always liked Xbox better. But Microsofts attitude has just been
terrible lately. With Kinect and Windows 8.
IMO of course.
#8TheFeralWarriorPosted 4/24/2014 4:14:31 AM
billsfanno1 posted...

This.

I only got my Xbone this week, but I'm very happy with it. Pre-ordered my PS4 the day after it was announced and was so hyped for it, but I haven't really wanted to play anything on it. Had Killzone, NBA 2k14, Knack, and Infamous and ended up selling all except Infamous. I've always like that franchise, but Second Son doesn't bring much new. I'll force myself through it eventually.

I don't buy multiplatform games on consoles, because I have a great PC, but the Xbox has the exclusives I want at the moment and the Kinect is fun for my girlfriend, who doesn't play games, and my parents, who are older.
---
Follow the buzzards!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb_R6vHUB4w
#9GeistPosted 4/24/2014 4:31:34 AM
"Ps4 has more pixels on screen. I counted, there are more. "

Hahaha, I'm sure you did, I'm sure you did....
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#10kennyynnooPosted 4/24/2014 5:16:40 AM
When the ps4 gets an actual racing game let me know, I still have zero reasons to but a ps4 and I prefer Sony. You paid $100 more for the extras MS put in the xbox for cable in, kinect technology. If you can't be patient to pay less that's on you not them. I look at it this way, I traded in $375 in games towards the x1, if I waited till it was $450 or $399 I would've lost $150 probably in the trade in value of those games. If money matters that much though you shouldn't but $900 in consoles at once. I don't buy unless I have a reason and the ps4 has yet to give me a reason.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.