Fellow Xbox One owners why do we support this madness?

#21Hucast9Posted 4/24/2014 7:31:00 AM
Ran out of text space, so i'll continue here. I just wanted to say that I don't have a PS4 or Xbox One yet. I plan to get an Xbox One later this year before Batman Arkhan Knight launches. I'm just keeping it real in the comments that I made when it comes to PS4 vs. Xbox One regardless of which console I have or don't have.
#22AnakeriePosted 4/24/2014 7:34:04 AM
MADNESS??? THIS IS GAME FAQS!!!
---
GT: CrampedSultana PSN: Ana Kerie
Pawn: Zarianna. CARPE LAMA GLAMA
#23matthatter56Posted 4/24/2014 7:43:53 AM
This seriously is one of the best topics I have ever seen on Gamefaqs. So far all sensible posts. Kudos TC. Oh and BTW I just got the Xbox 1 for Easter which lets me have all 3 consoles. They all have their advantages :) Seriously awesome topic.Wish this topic could be stickied but I doubt it will.

So here goes nothing. Request a sticky.
#24ShadowNinja87Posted 4/24/2014 7:48:33 AM
Hucast9 posted...
The reason why the Xbox One costs $100 is because the lead designer, Mark Whitten, failed to predict what would be best for the console. The design specifications are not as good as the PS4 specs. Is a forced Kinect a good idea too? Personally, I think it's a good idea. Kinect is the first step towards a bigger picture such as holograhic projection, but that's for another discussion. The gaming population has voted with their wallet, and they've said that they want a more powerful console that is cheaper. I was reading the latest issue of Game Informer where it said that Mark Whitten has "moved on" and I have to wonder if the real reason why he has moved on was due to PS4 vs. Xbox One specs.

Mark Cerny, lead designer for PS4, did not fail to see what was best. That guy hit the bullseye in the perfect center when it comes to design decisions. The real reason why the PS4 is selling a little better than Xbox One is because of Mark Cerny's recommendations to Sony.

That's because Sony went to game developers and asked them what they wanted in a next gen console. Hence, the reason the ps4 is better spec wise. MS on the other hand, was too busy worried about Kintect and media features to care about the x1 as a gaming machine. Now they are doing yet another 180 and now are trying to buy as many exclusives as they can to save the X1 from being a total fail.
#25Hucast9Posted 4/24/2014 8:01:38 AM
ShadowNinja87 posted...

That's because Sony went to game developers and asked them what they wanted in a next gen console. Hence, the reason the ps4 is better spec wise. MS on the other hand, was too busy worried about Kintect and media features to care about the x1 as a gaming machine. Now they are doing yet another 180 and now are trying to buy as many exclusives as they can to save the X1 from being a total fail.

You lose a lot of credibility when you say they're trying to stop the Xbox one from being a total fail. The console has sold very well. There is no need to stop any total fail, because there isn't any total fail. The real failure was when they revealed the console, but their decision reversals helped a lot when it comes to disappointment. Once this console gets to 399 or less, it's going to sell even better without the need to buy any exclusives. Let's see what E3 has this year before making any more doom predictions.
#26kcypher2000Posted 4/24/2014 8:36:36 AM
You cant complain about xbox focusing on entertainment when ps4 has no games. Oh and if indies count then you cant ever complain about graphics.
#27HorridhalPosted 4/24/2014 8:58:45 AM
kcypher2000 posted...
Blah blah blah more fanboy crap

Neither system has a collection of quality titles.

When we don't look through fanboy eyes we see that, because of indies, the ps4 actually has more games than the xbox.

It also has multiplats and its own exclusives.

You are a nit and you make other Xbox owners look bad with your idiocy. Stop.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#28zerosignal316Posted 4/24/2014 9:01:26 AM
All that matters is games. X1 has the best games for me at the moment. Killer Instinct is what made me choose X1 initially and I'm still playing it. Also PvZ: Garden Warfare is surprisingly one of the most fun shooters I've ever played and I'd call it better than Titanfall. Couple that with all the exclusives on the way like D4, Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break, you got yourself a fine machine in the X1 because of....GAMES.
---
XBL Gamertag: ZeroSignal316
#29MrImpatient35Posted 4/24/2014 9:21:52 AM
I like being able to use my system for other things other than just gaming, so I gladly paid the difference. I'm using Skype a lot lately, because I love how clear the Kinect camera is, the autofocusing, autozoom, etc.
---
FML
#30DaMadKingPosted 4/24/2014 9:23:49 AM
PS4 doesn't have games that interest me. I could care less if it's $100 more. Eventually, the console is going to get even better.