Volume adjustment options?

#1hamchunkPosted 4/24/2014 5:17:02 AM
I read online that the last update was going to come with an option to adjust how much up or down the xbox will adjust the volume when you say "volume up" or "volume down". I haven't seen anything in the settings menus and haven't read about this feature being in the new update so I'm guessing it hasn't happened yet.

Is it possible I just overlooked something and this option is there? If not has anyone heard if and when this feature will be added. I would just like to be able to give the volume command once instead of five or six times...
---
Over the top!
Live: Hamchunk PSN: Hamchunk 81
#2RockguyKevPosted 4/24/2014 5:53:13 AM
I haven't found it either. I just wanted to note that volume levels on the One are really weird. I hope future updates can do some job of leveling the audio. When I jump from TV to Netflix to Game to Twitch they are all very different levels.

"Volume Up" jumps my receiver up 3 clicks and it still isn't enough to make Twitch audible compared to TV. Its weird. Being able to go up 5-6 clicks in one voice command would help.
#3hamchunk(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2014 6:00:01 AM
Yeah, for me games are fine at level 25 on my receiver but for a blu-ray it needs to be at 35 or 40. Not really a problem as the receiver goes up to 80 but it would really be nice to give the command once or twice instead of 5 or 6 times.
---
Over the top!
#4bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 4/24/2014 6:12:09 AM
Why don't you just change the volume with the remote?
---
Don't Blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't Blink. Good Luck.
#5secondhand1Posted 4/24/2014 7:20:54 AM
It's in the TV One Guide under troubleshooting.
---
I don't row.
#6hamchunk(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2014 11:22:34 AM
Well BlInDsNiPeR, I actually find it much faster and more convenient to use the voice commands to adjust volume, change channels and navigate around the UI. I don't usually have the remote on the couch with me and if I'm going to get up to grab the remote I might as well just adjust the volume on the receiver manually. I know it might not be the popular opinion here but I actually like the kinect and enjoy using it, I just think a few more customization options would help make the experience even better.

secondhand, I don't think I checked under the one guide I'll do that tonight when I get off work. Thank you so much for the help.
---
Over the top!
#7violentdissmayPosted 4/24/2014 12:19:44 PM
hamchunk posted...
Well BlInDsNiPeR, I actually find it much faster and more convenient to use the voice commands to adjust volume, change channels and navigate around the UI. I don't usually have the remote on the couch with me and if I'm going to get up to grab the remote I might as well just adjust the volume on the receiver manually. I know it might not be the popular opinion here but I actually like the kinect and enjoy using it, I just think a few more customization options would help make the experience even better.

secondhand, I don't think I checked under the one guide I'll do that tonight when I get off work. Thank you so much for the help.

You dont have the remote on the couch with you? Sounds like the solution could be as simple as keeping the remote on the couch with you
---
"Fry crack corn and I don't care, Leela crack corn and still don't care, Bender crack corn and he is great!! TAKE THAT YOU STUPID CORN!!!" - Bender
#8hamchunk(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2014 1:25:35 PM
True violentdismay I could keep the remote on the couch with me but like I said before I do find it more convenient to use the kinect for voice commands. Isn't that one of the big selling points of the kinect?

I like using the voice commands and heard that an option to adjust the increments the system uses for the volume control was coming with a new update.
If the option never does come I will be fine with that, I just wanted to ask on the off chance I missed something. It sounds like the option is there and I was just looking in the wrong place.
---
Over the top!
#9bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 4/24/2014 1:43:34 PM
hamchunk posted...

Then stop complaining.
---
Don't Blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't Blink. Good Luck.
#10OUberLordPosted 4/24/2014 1:49:56 PM
The option is definitely in there.

Also, I'd wager no one uses a remote if they're watching Netflix on the console. If you didn't invoke it with voice you did so with the controller, and the latter doesn't have any volume control options. It's not all that unheard of to be enjoying multimedia content via the console and yet not have the remote nearby.