Microsoft Announces Q3 Financial Results: 1.2 Million Xbox One Consoles Shipped;

#11leelee3105Posted 4/24/2014 2:03:02 PM
FPS_hitman posted...
Company profit is one thing.

Division profit and desire to keep Said division is another.

there are like 10 different topics going on right now where someone has slapped you ponies in the mouth with the facts and sources showing the XBOX DIVISION ALONE is turning a profit now month over month.
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!
#12FPS_hitmanPosted 4/24/2014 2:10:02 PM
Uh no multiple sources have shown that Xbox is MS money pit. What the Hell have you been reading....

In other news. 1.1 million xboxs sitting on selves
#13RybalPosted 4/24/2014 2:12:52 PM
LEGEND_KILLERRR posted...
Microsoft profit over 20 billion dollars in one quarter I think we'll be ok

You do understand that that 20B was revenue, not profit, right?

Microsoft will be fine, nonetheless.
---
I HATE seeing incorrect information, regardless of whether it is my preferred system.
PSN: Rybal_81
#14ejay8320Posted 4/24/2014 2:17:29 PM(edited)
From linked article by TC

The Xbox platform revenue increased by 45%, contributing to a revenue for the Devices and Consumer Hardware divisio $1.97 billion with an overall increase of 41%. On the other hand gross margin decreased by 34% due to higher Xbox console sales and early lifecycle economics of the Xbox One.

This part doesn't make sense - saying income before costs dropped due to higher sales of xbox consoles?
#15TauriLeaderPosted 4/24/2014 4:53:59 PM
What the fanboys are saying Xbox is still in debt from the set up costs of the original Xbox. Let's say it cost them 200 million to set up. Now they make a profit of 1 million a month for a year they are still 188 million in debt. Just because they are making money doesn't mean they recoup the original losses. This is what is meant when the shareholders say they want to close the division they have not seen a profit from their venture.
---
Due to recent economic conditions, and the rising cost of Electricity, Gas and Oil, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
#16Golden MavenPosted 4/24/2014 5:06:58 PM
TauriLeader posted...
This is what is meant when the shareholders say they want to close the division they have not seen a profit from their venture.

Which is ridiculous if in fact the project is profitable today. It appears to be on its way to recouping these original losses. Microsoft knew the XBox would take a big investment, it's a long term venture and yet another attempt to push the Microsoft brand outside of the PC. Microsoft cannot listen to every investor's whims, some of them only care about short term profits.
#17dnmtPosted 4/24/2014 5:15:34 PM(edited)
Crunching the numbers there seems to suggest the Xbone has been selling about 400k units per month this year. Not so great when compared to the PS4's one million a month average. It also means there are currently over 800k Xbones sitting on retailers' shelves.
#18Laylow12Posted 4/24/2014 5:23:35 PM
dnmt posted...
Crunching the numbers there seems to suggest the Xbone has been selling about 400k units per month this year. Not so great when compared to the PS4's one million a month average. It also means there are currently over 800k Xbones sitting on retailers' shelves.

Wow! That means the XBOX ONE is selling at less than half the rate of the supply constrained PS4, insane!

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#19PulpPosted 4/24/2014 5:31:22 PM
Considering the post Xmas numbers MS released, 1.2m *shipped* is actually pretty awful. The console isn't moving at all.
---
INTEL 533MHZ PIII 512k/133, ALL-IN-Wonder 128 Pro AGP, 128MB SDRAM, Sound Blaster 32AWE, 47GB Elite SCSI, Win98
#20dnmtPosted 4/24/2014 11:47:10 PM
Laylow12 posted...
dnmt posted...

Wow! That means the XBOX ONE is selling at less than half the rate of the supply constrained PS4, insane!

And how!