Microsoft Announces Q3 Financial Results: 1.2 Million Xbox One Consoles Shipped;

#21Battleship_GrayPosted 4/25/2014 1:40:53 AM
LEGEND_KILLERRR posted...
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/24/microsoft-announces-quarterly-financial-results-1-2-million-xbox-one-consoles-shipped-in-quarter/

I remember Sony fanboys saying the Xbox brand was hemorrhaging money lol

Microsoft profit over 20 billion dollars in one quarter I think we'll be ok

You work for Microsoft?
---
http://i.imgur.com/WaTuaNN.jpg
#22orestes1981Posted 4/25/2014 7:26:55 AM
jblaze2121 posted...
Xbox revenue up 45%
Nice

Incoming trolls in

Revenue =/= profits
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher
#23jon davisPosted 4/25/2014 7:33:17 AM
Battleship_Gray posted...
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/24/microsoft-announces-quarterly-financial-results-1-2-million-xbox-one-consoles-shipped-in-quarter/

You work for Microsoft?

He wishes he did.
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#24MattVSinPosted 4/25/2014 7:39:33 AM
ejay8320 posted...
From linked article by TC

The Xbox platform revenue increased by 45%, contributing to a revenue for the Devices and Consumer Hardware divisio $1.97 billion with an overall increase of 41%. On the other hand gross margin decreased by 34% due to higher Xbox console sales and early lifecycle economics of the Xbox One.

This part doesn't make sense - saying income before costs dropped due to higher sales of xbox consoles?

Massive R&D costs and a console being sold at a loss will cause this.

Revenue - Cost of Goods Sold (production of units, etc.) = Gross Margin

So their revenues went up but their costs went up more so the net is less. This is to be expected with new consoles though. I wouldn't read too much into it at this point.
---
War never changes: Fallout - Results of war (eg. death)
War has changed: MGS - Reasons/methods of war (eg. war as a business) PSN: MattVSin
#25MlREFOXPosted 4/25/2014 7:43:00 AM

You should probably learn the difference between revenue and margin before you post financials and pretend to know what they mean.
#26kcypher2000Posted 4/25/2014 8:06:13 AM
Why do uneducated ponies compare xbox numbers in 13 countries to the ps4 in 55 and costs much less. Ps4 is actually doing pretty bad considering that its flopping in most of those other countries like it is flopping in Japan.

Great financial results for MS however and lets see how Sony does.
#27kcypher2000Posted 4/25/2014 8:09:26 AM
orestes1981 posted...
jblaze2121 posted...
Xbox revenue up 45%
Nice

Incoming trolls in

Revenue =/= profits

So if Sony does less profit you will all shut up about ps4 sales numbers right? Because units
Means less then revenue considering ps4 costs less.
#28kcypher2000Posted 4/25/2014 8:11:29 AM
Battleship_Gray posted...

You work for Microsoft?

You work for sony shill? Can they even afford to pay anyone?
#29goldwPosted 4/25/2014 8:14:27 AM
kcypher2000 posted...
Why do uneducated ponies compare xbox numbers in 13 countries to the ps4 in 55 and costs much less. Ps4 is actually doing pretty bad considering that its flopping in most of those other countries like it is flopping in Japan.

Great financial results for MS however and lets see how Sony does.

The Xbox is flopping everywhere that is not named US or Brazil. Sony is dominating Europe, and is winning in NA, the two most important markets, today.

Japan has moved away from consoles. We know that. Xbox won't make a splash there.

The PS4 holds a wide margin, that will continue to grow, seeing that the One couldn't even win the month where they basically gave the most hyped game of the year away for free and a year of Xbox Live Gold. The Xbox is not a brand worldwide. Last gen showed this, seeing that they finished third overall, even though they had a year headstart, and the PS3 was a host of Sony stupidity hitting critical mass and costing far too much.

This isn't even a war.
---
A child has a 40% chance of surviving if hit by Usain Bolt - S1nharvest
#30-FryShakeWad-Posted 4/25/2014 8:15:48 AM
At least they aren't bankrupt like Sony. Smh. Terrible.
---
I am Ultimate Warrior. You are the Ultimate Warrior fans. And the spirit of The Ultimate Warrior will run forever! - James Brian Hellwig (R.I.P)