Microsoft Announces Q3 Financial Results: 1.2 Million Xbox One Consoles Shipped;

#81ShadowNinja87Posted 4/27/2014 10:14:58 AM
The X1 is losing in every aspect.

XBL is not what it use to be and is a massive paywall.

Considering that the X1 is at 4 million sold and the ps4 is 7 million plus, the online community for games is larger on ps4. So yea...
#82BigBOO2UPosted 4/27/2014 10:20:35 AM
Ah...here's that silly boy.

Enigma149 posted...
BigBOO2U posted...
swear I hear this brought up a good dozen times a week in various threads on this board....by the same posters. Some people simply cannot be taught and are not equipped to function in society like the rest of us.

There is some debate as to whether or not the proper way to end a sentence with an ellipsis is with three periods or four. This is irrelevant, as you are not ending a sentence. Technically-speaking, a three-period ellipsis would be fine, though a comma would be preferable.

When it comes to conferring a trailing thought, "...", "....", "....." or any number of dots is actually acceptable in free form writing such as this. Read a novel sometime and you will see this technique used often.

The three dot variety of an ellipsis is mainly used when omitting material. It can also be used as a trailing thought device, but usually in more formal publication circumstances such as newspapers, magazines or essays.
---
Duck Dynasty - The epicenter of ignorance and hate in America. And bad grooming habits.
#83Enigma149Posted 4/27/2014 12:58:25 PM
BigBOO2U posted...
Ah.....speaking of getting "owned", I see certain types have nothing to say when they have been smacked down again and again.

Once again, I emphasize that it is never correct to use more than four periods in an ellipsis.

Poor KCypher and SonyTony.

This is a fragment.

By the way, to the silly boy who said the phrase "grown ups" should have a hyphen...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grown_Ups_(film)

...Funny, I don't see a hyphen there.

Unfortunately, I don't think the title of a film was the best source for you to use. Instead, I'll cite the online version of the Merriam-Webster Dictionary:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/grown-up

For good measure, I'll throw in the Oxford American English Dictionary:

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/grown-up

When it comes to conferring a trailing thought, "...", "....", "....." or any number of dots is actually acceptable in free form writing such as this. Read a novel sometime and you will see this technique used often.

The three dot variety of an ellipsis is mainly used when omitting material. It can also be used as a trailing thought device, but usually in more formal publication circumstances such as newspapers, magazines or essays.

As it turns out, you are, in fact, correct in this case, and for that I apologize. Sadly, it appears as though both of us have made several mistakes. We can either end this here, accepting that we have both made grammatical errors, or we can continue this exercise in futility.
---
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0
#84SoftAssassinPosted 4/30/2014 2:58:24 PM
Bob15x finally admits the obvious. About a month ago, I called Bob15x a blind, brainwashed, bent-over, but hurt bot and Bobby responded by saying they HATE Microsoft then proceeded to cry to a moderator and get my post deleted. Now they finally come out of the closet and admit they are a shill.
#85ILikesCheesePosted 5/5/2014 9:07:50 AM
From this point on, Mondays should be "Bump All LEGEND threads Day !"
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#86ILikesCheesePosted 5/5/2014 9:13:02 AM
Enigma149 posted...
Once again, I emphasize that it is never correct to use more than four periods in an ellipsis.

Of all the things to catch my eye in these LEGEND threads...

Actually any number of periods can be used as an ellipsis in creative writing under authorial license. I wouldn't EVER call forum posting formal writing.

EVER!

:D
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#87ILikesCheesePosted 5/5/2014 9:14:57 AM
SoftAssassin posted...
Bob15x finally admits the obvious. About a month ago, I called Bob15x a blind, brainwashed, bent-over, but hurt bot and Bobby responded by saying they HATE Microsoft then proceeded to cry to a moderator and get my post deleted. Now they finally come out of the closet and admit they are a shill.

Bob15x is a shill for Microsoft ?!?!?!?

NO!

Who knew? (Besides, like, EVERYONE.)

:D
---
#88sn3akywafflesPosted 5/5/2014 9:18:40 AM
jon davis posted...

Cry about profits all you like, fact is MS came dead last with the 360 and now again with the Bone.

I can't help it if that fact burns your leg hairs so much.

lol yeah im sure all the ms execs were devastated by taking half the market share away from sony last gen

ms sure lost didnt they
---
I'm starting realize the slight amount of ignorance on this site
San Antonio Spurs - St. Louis Cardinals - Creighton Blue Jays
#89DonaIdSterIingPosted 5/5/2014 1:52:16 PM
BigBOO2U posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
You shouldnt play grammar police and then start a sentence with AND kid. Consider yourself schooled but you still havent made a point pony. Try again.

I don't need to. Starting a sentence with the word "And" is perfectly acceptable and a mechanic used by people who truly know how to write.

http://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2012/01/can-i-start-a-sentence-with-a-conjunction/

Grammar myths #2: Can I start a sentence with a conjunction?

‘No, young lady, it is an unspeakable offence against the English language, and I will mark any such errors with a large red circle and make a public example of you by reading out your ungrammatical prose to the whole class.’

An imaginary conversation, true, but hands up all those whose English lessons at school were marked by the stern admonition: ‘Never begin a sentence with a conjunction!’. I was taught this ‘rule’ as a grammatical diktat back in the 1970s, and a quick trawl of the Net shows that the same advice is still being handed down to English students on many websites.

And yet perfectly respectable writers employ this disputed usage, and have done since Anglo-Saxon times. Many grammar and usage experts have also tried to squash this myth, but it seems to be set in stone.

Schooled again Kcypher2000.

Maybe you should switch back to your Chrish909 alt account for awhile. Oh wait, didn't that get suspended the other day? Rough week, huh?

Ownage.
#90Miiri0Posted 5/5/2014 3:05:45 PM
If microsoft resort to use shipped number instead of sold number, i am sure sold number are way off from the shipped number. My bet is xbone only sold about 600k to consumer.

Sad number if you ask me.