GameStop Closing 120 Stores, Focusing on Mobile

#51CaIiber345Posted 4/24/2014 7:29:30 PM
shads3055 posted...
PoweredMilkMan posted...
IMO this will be the last consoles we will see. It's all about the casuals, mirco transactions, and mobility.

it will be all dgital gaming from now now.. wowowowo wow and xbox will win.

Unless every console comes with 10TB standard, and all digital games can also be played offline, **** an all digital gaming model.
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Rogue Legacy, Destiny
#52Viper187666Posted 4/24/2014 8:41:43 PM(edited)
Good. Screw Gamestop. They need to go under just because of their BS policy on gutting games. They could do something else instead of ruining them, but noooo. Then they try to sell you a scuffed disc that's been bouncing around the drawer for 6 months or a year and say it's "new" by their policy. On what planet is a scratched disc in the wrong bloody case even remotely new!?!?
---
I refuse to buy XB1 until it's sold without Kinect. No, I'm not a Sony fanboy. See? http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/DSCN0220.JPG
#53LightbornePosted 4/24/2014 10:04:52 PM
Viper187666 posted...
Good. Screw Gamestop. They need to go under just because of their BS policy on gutting games. They could do something else instead of ruining them, but noooo. Then they try to sell you a scuffed disc that's been bouncing around the drawer for 6 months or a year and say it's "new" by their policy. On what planet is a scratched disc in the wrong bloody case even remotely new!?!?

Lol so true.
---
The most wasted of all days is a day without laughter.
#54rafa0506Posted 4/25/2014 1:31:09 AM(edited)
aheroafake posted...
MertensCW posted...
axelfooley2k5 posted...
good
beat it!

lol

Don't worry, your tax money will go to support the newly unemployed.

It's something we have to pay anyway, why be picky when we can't do anything about it?

Unless your a millionare who gives away half your money your not paying anyone"s salary or paying for anyone"s unemployment . you probably barely pay enough to cover your own expense to live in this country. Why do you think we are trillions of dollars in dept.
---
Because Batman is a talentless hack with no powers that needs to hide like a girl to avoid getting shot to s***.dastoOge
#55LapanuiPosted 4/25/2014 2:40:39 AM
GAME in the UK had problems, it went into administration. They have overpriced products and there were way too many of them within a couple of miles from each other.

Hell, in my area, we have a massive shopping centre, like a mall, it had 3 GAME's, 2 as it's own store and 1 was inside a Debenhams I think. There was also a Gamestation, but they were then bought out by GAME. They closed the one in Debenhams.

For those that don't know what Debenhams is, it's just a massive store that sell all kinds of stuff like clothes, furniture, electrical goods, toys, etc.

You only had to walk like 5 minutes between each store. So, I think they still have 3 GAME stores in this shopping centre lol.

Hell, GAME still overprice their games, I've seen them cheaper on their online store then in store, which is daft.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#56lightfighterPosted 4/25/2014 3:47:49 AM
Great article. Thanks TC.
The happenings of the future will be interesting.
#57ElBorak77Posted 4/25/2014 10:37:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEdmbE9M1Gk
---
FREE TIBET
#58roadtosalvationPosted 4/28/2014 5:41:31 PM
I found this to be very welcome and enjoyable news.

Personally I don't like Gamestop. Some of their polices (new unsealed games and allowing said games to be borrowed by employees) are just foul. I'll admit the one in my area is pretty good... the manager does help me look for games in other stores and goes to the trouble of trying to make sure they're complete with the manuals and everything... but I have to admit I find the fact they're quaking in their boots over the future is delicious.

But seriously, I think they're screwed. Physical media for games is going away and well, the market they're trying to go into is already crowded. I'm sorry but I see a game over in their future.