If GameStop was smart....

#1pepsiboy95620Posted 4/24/2014 6:26:18 PM
They wouldnt and shouldnt go out of business. What they can do to keep up with digital is make special game cases for whatever game it is have the same box and box art but inside don't include a disc only a one time use code and also with some sort of book or manual for the game. That way people still come buy from them and actually this is one of the best ways it would be to buy games because ur still collecting the games.
---
GT:Martin 23 kings
#2BeefEasterPosted 4/24/2014 6:31:34 PM
you know what's not smart?

this topic
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#3axelfooley2k5Posted 4/24/2014 6:40:28 PM
i hate gamestop

but i give them credit

they have an entire loyal base of shoppers who will buy new games and return them over and over while they eat up profit and sell used games as new when they can and sell used games for $55 (5 less than new)

shortly after i bought asscreed black flag i went to see what i could get for it after i was done
$20.......they had them on the shelf for $55
that is not a deal i am interested in doing
but there are tons who will

long story short i got $40 on ebay
---
Congrats Colbert!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oASYa-Wkroc
#4FinzFan4lifePosted 4/24/2014 7:02:05 PM
axelfooley2k5 posted...
i hate gamestop

but i give them credit

they have an entire loyal base of shoppers who will buy new games and return them over and over while they eat up profit and sell used games as new when they can and sell used games for $55 (5 less than new)

shortly after i bought asscreed black flag i went to see what i could get for it after i was done
$20.......they had them on the shelf for $55
that is not a deal i am interested in doing
but there are tons who will

long story short i got $40 on ebay

well yeah it is a business they got to make money off of this I don't understand why this is so hard for people to understand.

if they bought if for $40+ then they get a little profit , the point of a business is to make money, someone buying it online most likely not trying to turn a profit
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#5Cowboy082288Posted 4/24/2014 7:10:14 PM
I buy all my games digitally. What you are suggesting would not at all tempt me to go to the store.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#6kennyynnooPosted 4/24/2014 7:12:36 PM
Gamestop is an outlet for the to busy gamer. Ignore the sales pitches if you don't like them. They rarely sell a used game for $55. It's a business made to profit. I only go there because dealing with eBay/craigslist is a pain when you have a wife and kids. I do an erewards survey daily and get free gamestop points often and get free used games. I usually only buy when they have buy 2 get one free on older games I like. Don't know the last time I paid over $40 on a game there. I use eBay to buy games more lately. Fact is shipping and dealing with strangers is annoying when you have little time. They're a bypass. I think of them as a taxi ride, its pricey but at least I don't have to drive and park my car, they do the work for me.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#7shads3055Posted 4/24/2014 7:17:04 PM
it would be nice if gamestop sold digital codes for the games with the pre order bonus. that would be smart but gamestop wont do it.
#8hsu_reddie09Posted 4/24/2014 7:18:20 PM
Gamestop makes it money from trade-ins and reselling...they wouldn't make any money from selling a digital game that is the same price as their competitors.
#9aheroafakePosted 4/24/2014 7:23:22 PM
BeefEaster posted...
you know what's not smart?

this topic

Agreed. TC, do you know why people buy digital? So they don't have to leave their house, for the most part.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#10DarkMark942Posted 4/24/2014 7:32:49 PM
I've already seen them do that.
---
Seattle Seahawks SBXLVIII CHAMPIONS