If GameStop was smart....

#11ThatLaoGuyPosted 4/24/2014 7:58:13 PM
hope it dies.
---
If you want to see grown men online throw tantrums, visit the xbone board.
#12Bill_BurrPosted 4/25/2014 1:29:15 AM
If they give you let's say... 40 dollars for assassins creed 4 3 weeks after it's released then if that copy sits on the shelf and no one wants it used until it's 35 dollars they lose money. Think about it. How many copy's of mass effect 3 did you see a month after it released? They have to move those copy's so they cut the price for it used, they wee going for 30.

GameStop is a very smart company with years of data to back up all the price points and deals they do. It's the free market, if people want to go there then it's fine, same with any company. When GameStop is the only company in town then it's a different story
---
PS4: DeathThaKidX
Xbox One/360: DeathTheKidY
#13hyjinx17Posted 4/25/2014 1:43:31 AM
BeefEaster posted...
you know what's not smart?

this topic

---
3DS friend code:3883-5502-4640 IGN:Zero
#14demesjos2Posted 4/25/2014 2:01:23 AM
Brick and mortar stores give 50% of what they think they can sell an item for. This applies to other industries other than gamestop. Some high end retail markets may do a higher % but that is when dealing with higher priced items.
#15IzanamlPosted 4/28/2014 11:13:40 PM
kennyynnoo posted...
Gamestop is an outlet for the to busy gamer. Ignore the sales pitches if you don't like them. They rarely sell a used game for $55.

Don't lie. All the new $60 games are sold for $55 used. If you're gonna shill for Gamestop, don't lie.
---
The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed.
"The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom." - Arcana II The Priestess
#16Jiggy101011Posted 4/28/2014 11:32:33 PM
It sounds like to me TC that you want to go digital but the only thing holding you back is you enjoy collecting game cases and being able to see your collection visibly grow.

Am I correct in thinking this?
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Beyond: Two Souls, Skyrim, Titanfall
#17davidthedawg639Posted 4/28/2014 11:34:42 PM
Izanaml posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
Gamestop is an outlet for the to busy gamer. Ignore the sales pitches if you don't like them. They rarely sell a used game for $55.

Don't lie. All the new $60 games are sold for $55 used. If you're gonna shill for Gamestop, don't lie.

You would buy a $55 used game when there's a $60 one in stock?
#18IzanamlPosted 4/28/2014 11:37:48 PM
davidthedawg639 posted...
Izanaml posted...
kennyynnoo posted...

You would buy a $55 used game when there's a $60 one in stock?

Of course not. I'm just saying that he was lying. I don't shop at Gamestop anymore in general.
---
The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed.
"The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom." - Arcana II The Priestess
#19pepsiboy95620(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2014 1:34:20 AM
Jiggy101011 posted...
It sounds like to me TC that you want to go digital but the only thing holding you back is you enjoy collecting game cases and being able to see your collection visibly grow.

Am I correct in thinking this?

That is what I think would be the solution for most people. A lot of the people here made that argument they want a case for collection and I feel the same way. I started to go digital on my Xbox 1 now but I still love to collect games for older systems.
---
GT:Martin 23 kings