Why did Microsoft decide to call their next console the Xbox One?

#11PoweredMilkManPosted 4/25/2014 3:54:13 AM
Kraven_XRLKB posted...
Tenzhi posted...
One device to rule them all.

Makes sense. Microsoft is the greatest company known to man. Hail Bill Gates!

http://www.tradeitdontdateit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Bill+Gates+Hitler1.jpg
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU/Steam - bloodandbourbon
#12hsu_reddie09Posted 4/25/2014 4:14:59 AM
The console is meant to be used as the only "one" thing you need in your entertainment center. Movies, games, streaming, internet, tv...everything you need. Ya know, Google can help you next time.
#13WinnsockPosted 4/25/2014 6:09:22 AM
It's in line with their company restructuring they announced last year - in the email sent to employees, they kept ambiguously stating that they desired to be One Microsoft. Notice that when they were forced to change SkyDrive's name they changed it to OneDrive. "One" is a very big word at Microsoft right now, for whatever reason.
---
GT: Winnsock
#14MattVSinPosted 4/25/2014 7:36:17 AM
Cut of an Xbox One, 2 more shall take its place.

HAIL HYDRA!
---
War never changes: Fallout - Results of war (eg. death)
War has changed: MGS - Reasons/methods of war (eg. war as a business) PSN: MattVSin
#15HorridhalPosted 4/25/2014 7:39:24 AM
Because it fits in with their "Xbox : All in One" slogan.

Xbox One = Xbox all in one.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#16CrysianiaPosted 4/25/2014 7:45:10 AM(edited)
I hope xbox brand lives on for many gens just so we get to see the name of each new console.

Xbox 3.14159265359
#17LMwest09Posted 4/25/2014 7:49:13 AM
Kraven_XRLKB posted...
Honestly makes no sense to me. Xbox to Xbox360 to Xbox One. If I were a causal I would say Xbox One is supposed the first one of the Xbox Generation. Lol.

Except nobody would do that. There is nothing out there ( whether planned as a set or not) that has the number '1' in the title until put into a set or a re-branding much further into its life. The word 'ONE' does not imply numerical order either.
#18TheMuffinPosted 4/25/2014 7:50:12 AM
I still would have liked it to be called the Microsoft NeXuS. They wanted the console to be the center of your entertainment experience after all.
---
MonicasBack ~This is an interesting topic, I could imagine my mom or someone else who has zero knowledge of games making it.
#19VoidBeyondPosted 4/25/2014 8:04:20 AM
TheMuffin posted...
I still would have liked it to be called the Microsoft NeXuS. They wanted the console to be the center of your entertainment experience after all.

Wow that's actually a pretty bad ass name. But, like two other people have said, it's called Xbox One because it's meant to be the all in one console.
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//
#20UtterMoonPosted 4/25/2014 8:04:58 AM
Because the people at Microsoft are silly.