Manufacture of Xbox may slow down or stop

#21PoweredMilkManPosted 4/25/2014 6:01:36 AM
Skynet82997 posted...
It's funny to see who's in here screaming doom and gloom.

It's exactly who you'd expect.

This board is a cluster-**** of hate and animosity. Just completely absurd to the point of being comical by now.

i dont think anyone even read it, or just tried to pick together bad parts.
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU/Steam - bloodandbourbon
#22Rainy_David1Posted 4/25/2014 6:02:48 AM
you'll cowards don't even smoke crack.
#23md22mdrxPosted 4/25/2014 6:04:48 AM
Both system sales graphs are pretty flat right now ...
Sony's is a problem of production.
M$ is a problem of demand.

I'd rather have Sony's problem.
#24DarkAdonis123Posted 4/25/2014 6:09:24 AM(edited)
Geist posted...
I know you're trying to find something bad here, but all of that article was pretty good news for MS.

They over estimated their demand. I don't know how that equates to good news, but ok.

Skynet82997 posted...

This board is a cluster-**** of hate and animosity. Just completely absurd to the point of being comical by now.

It's like the Wii U board in that regard. But also like the Wii U board, not all of the hate is unjust.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#25billsfanno1Posted 4/25/2014 6:08:47 AM
Do fanboys commenting in this thread understand:
a) Xbox = X1 and X360; any scaling back of production will be on the X360 side as that's where sales are slowest as the generation draws to an end and that's also where pipeline inventory is greatest
b) gross margins are lower because new consoles are sold at nearly zero margin due to cost of new tech, while older consoles are sold at higher margins due to significantly lower cost of older tech (PS4 margins are also much lower than PS3 margins)
#26SparkItUpPosted 4/25/2014 6:12:12 AM(edited)
Aceviper posted...
you seem confused yourself

gross margins going down is a bad thing. Revenues going up doesn't matter when the costs to obtain it is much higher than what the revenues went up by. It might be good only when the costs incurred can be used to sell the product in the future, but cutting down production kills that line of thinking

^ this kinda sorta. What it comes down to is expected profit percentage.

EDIT:

The topic of Microsoft's Xbox business was barely raised during its investor call, with no analysts asking about it at all. Some of CFO Amy Hood's statements did imply, however, that there is more supply than demand for its Xbox consoles.

This is a key bit of the article. As long as the investors are not raising any concerns, then things are going smoothly enough and the profit margin is good enough.
#27Skynet82997Posted 4/25/2014 6:10:26 AM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
Geist posted...
I know you're trying to find something bad here, but all of that article was pretty good news for MS.

They over estimated their demand. I don't know how that equates to good news, but ok.

Skynet82997 posted...

It's like the Wii U board in that regard. But also like the Wii U board, not all of the hate is unjust.

Agreed - but the over the top antics of some of the more dedicated trolls borders on insanity.
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#28Duke_of_NukePosted 4/25/2014 6:12:12 AM
Izraeil posted...
MS should help Sony produce more PS4s to meet demand.

---
RIP Oderus Urungus.
#29EllesarienPosted 4/25/2014 6:17:15 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#30TheGam3925Posted 4/25/2014 6:19:45 AM
I say MS should ship like they've never shipped before.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.