Manufacture of Xbox may slow down or stop

#41MilesTeg420Posted 4/25/2014 7:44:18 AM
chex81 posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
chex81 posted...
I dont get it, whats the point of this thread?...and Why are thr trolls running this board? Dear Mods, please do something...this is very tiring.

Is this what Xbox fan trolls do now, whine about new relevant Xbox One news? Wii U fans just take it in stride. You would do well to get used to it already.

Xbox fan trolls? LOL. relevant news? Ok, for people who've got nothing going on in their lives except games maybe. Enjoy your time complaining about sales and production halts due to overstock, because all of this is relevant to 'gamers'..or the ones who are wannabe analysts lol.

Xbox One news, which came out today, is very relevant to this board, and whining about it isn't going to make this news cease to exist. Xbox One will slow or stop production due to demand. Deal with it.
#42EllesarienPosted 4/25/2014 7:56:58 AM
MilesTeg420 posted...
Ellesarien posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
It's like Gamecube, only happening sooner due to more units being manufactured. Sony is about to extend their lead by quite a bit.

The Xbox One has some Wii U like branding issues. The name, the marketing, the console + kinect being too similar to 360. Price is an issue but not the only issue. Pretty crazy how only Sony doubled down on the idea of "it's a box to play games".

Xbox One doesn't have a heavy hitter exclusive this year and that will really hurt console adoption in 2014. By holiday 2015, Halo 5 will be too late to turn the tides. It will likely be launching alongside Black Ops 3 as well which will kind of mute the effect of Halo 5.

Everything points towards PS4 winning the generation in a landslide ala PS1 or PS2.

Hehe...Wow man..Why are you spending time in here when you are a pure expert in manufacturing and the inner working of massive corporations.

In fact, I am always amazed at how many experts we have posting on gamefaqs for every job in the world.

Xbox One is incredible! Those graphics! Such cloud power! It will surely rebound and DOMINATE Sony's Failstation!

Happy now?

Just wish your ilk would at least be honest why you LOVE to post in any perceived negative X-1 topic.

Instead we get the idiocy of "I'm just here for discussion" that just insults anyone with an IQ over 11.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#43pearl arowanaPosted 4/25/2014 7:57:53 AM
Aceviper posted...
cutting down production this early on due to overstock is pretty bad

Yeah. Customers are not buying xbone. Just retailers. That is why microsoft just announcing SHIPPED numbers.
---
OMG that the best cringed ever!!
ROFL
#44BigBOO2UPosted 4/25/2014 7:59:57 AM
Geist posted...
Aceviper posted...

No not really. You should really read the article you posted.

You clearly do not have a head for business.

A company slowing down or ceasing production entirely of a product less than six months after launching it is always, always, always a sign of market flooding and slowing sales. OF COURSE sales for the Xbox Division were good fo 2013 thanks to early adopters and holiday sales of the Xbox One.

The obvious fact that you are missing is that with those Holiday sales done and all the first adopters accounted for, retailers are flush with the Xbox One and are even having trouble moving them with a $50 markdown and a free highly hyped game such as Titanfall.

If you need further proof look to the NPD sales figures for PS4 consoles versus the Xbox One - in just the USA and UK so we don't get that annoying "But, but, but it's in less regions!" argument. Sony ramping up its production - and increasing the price in Canada - while Microsoft does the opposite. Xbox One's are on shelves everywhere; PS4's are as scarce as the Wii was back in 2007. Even a freshman in Economics 101 could understand the implications of these factors.
---
Duck Dynasty - The epicenter of ignorance and hate in America. And bad grooming habits.
#45saleamaPosted 4/25/2014 8:04:49 AM
DOWBLACKNINJA posted...
Aceviper posted...
you seem confused yourself

gross margins going down is a bad thing. Revenues going up doesn't matter when the costs to obtain it is much higher than what the revenues went up by. It might be good only when the costs incurred can be used to sell the product in the future, but cutting down production kills that line of thinking

Smh. Just take your lost, lick your wounds, regroup and try again later

Except he is correct. Regardless of what Xbots want to believe, increased revenue (revenue is NOT profit) caused by an increased cost and offset by increased cost of production is not as good as it sounds. It is actually spending more money to make less money. In other words, they could have "made" more money by NOT releasing the xbone. Whatever you fanboys think, investors are not going to view this as a plus.
#46BigBOO2UPosted 4/25/2014 8:07:42 AM
saleama posted...
Except he is correct. Regardless of what Xbots want to believe, increased revenue (revenue is NOT profit) caused by an increased cost and offset by increased cost of production is not as good as it sounds. It is actually spending more money to make less money. In other words, they could have "made" more money by NOT releasing the xbone. Whatever you fanboys think, investors are not going to view this as a plus.

Boom.
---
Duck Dynasty - The epicenter of ignorance and hate in America. And bad grooming habits.
#47bossk5Posted 4/25/2014 8:07:42 AM
Well...... This certainly didn't go the way TC envisioned.
---
I buy used games. Piss&MoanFaqs
#48BigBOO2UPosted 4/25/2014 8:10:15 AM
bossk5 posted...
Well...... This certainly didn't go the way TC envisioned.

Another clear example that the majority of Gamefaqs users are not out of high school if you ask me.
---
#49-FryShakeWad-Posted 4/25/2014 8:12:55 AM
Aceviper posted...

The truth comes out. I better get rid of my xbox and buy a Playstation.
---
I am Ultimate Warrior. You are the Ultimate Warrior fans. And the spirit of The Ultimate Warrior will run forever! - James Brian Hellwig (R.I.P)
#50DrgonbxcrossPosted 4/25/2014 8:31:22 AM
saleama posted...
DOWBLACKNINJA posted...
Aceviper posted...
you seem confused yourself

gross margins going down is a bad thing. Revenues going up doesn't matter when the costs to obtain it is much higher than what the revenues went up by. It might be good only when the costs incurred can be used to sell the product in the future, but cutting down production kills that line of thinking

Smh. Just take your lost, lick your wounds, regroup and try again later

^

Seriously, business 101 guys
---
this one time, i found a pube in my unopened pokemon game
I would have 1500 karma, but I forgot to login. FC 2065 3310 1217