Manufacture of Xbox may slow down or stop

#51chestershadowPosted 4/25/2014 8:32:36 AM
Skynet82997 posted...
It's funny to see who's in here screaming doom and gloom.

It's exactly who you'd expect.

This board is a cluster-**** of hate and animosity. Just completely absurd to the point of being comical by now.

I take it you dont go to the wii u board? 75% of the people on there are trolls, 15% get the popcorn buckets ready and the last 10% are the actual people who own and enjoy their system(s).
#52easymodexzPosted 4/25/2014 8:36:15 AM
PoweredMilkMan posted...
Cost of revenue jumped 70 percent for the division, and a big chunk of that is thanks to the Xbox One. That being so, gross margin for the division decreased 34 percent year-on-year.

Ouch.
#53ghostzilla80Posted 4/25/2014 8:37:58 AM
It's just smart business. I personally hate microsoft, but why make more until you sell some of the inventory. Just a company being fiscally smart
---
Dcuo hero zillas ghost 100cr troller
#54SolidManifestPosted 4/25/2014 8:39:20 AM
Sounds like a dreamcast
---
Buddha says He who is in Continuous Hell never dies. Longevity is a big hardship in Continuous Hell
#55Dann981Posted 4/25/2014 8:42:19 AM
Well out of the 5 million units shipped Xbox One has sold 4.2 million. 200,000 Units since they started the sales and bundles for titanfall and forza. I'm sure 800,000 units will last plenty on shelves. Just a big mess. They need better PR. Every other thing they come out saying digs them a deeper hole. Just announce a $100 price drop sell remaining units and work on a slim model that at least matches the ps4s power and capabilities.
---
3DS: 2552-1258-5440 / PSN: Nemisis666
"Does anyone else smell blue?"
#56Enigma149Posted 4/25/2014 9:51:08 AM
Dann981 posted...
Well out of the 5 million units shipped Xbox One has sold 4.2 million. 200,000 Units since they started the sales and bundles for titanfall and forza. I'm sure 800,000 units will last plenty on shelves. Just a big mess. They need better PR. Every other thing they come out saying digs them a deeper hole. Just announce a $100 price drop sell remaining units and work on a slim model that at least matches the ps4s power and capabilities.

Yes, that will work - alienate the 5 million people who own the system to make one marginally more powerful. There's no way that will piss people off or backfire in any shape or form. After all, the system is completely and utterly failing, and the only hope Microsoft has to avoid an Xbox-driven doom is to drive away consumers.
---
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0
#57BoxTheMuppetPosted 4/25/2014 9:52:54 AM
Enigma149 posted...
Dann981 posted...

Yes, that will work - alienate the 5 million people who own the system to make one marginally more powerful. There's no way that will piss people off or backfire in any shape or form. After all, the system is completely and utterly failing, and the only hope Microsoft has to avoid an Xbox-driven doom is to drive away consumers.

This is not a place of intelligence or reason. Be gone unless you spout hate or utter nonsense.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#58Dann981Posted 4/25/2014 10:02:24 AM
Enigma149 posted...
Dann981 posted...

Last generation ps3 and 360s sold over 80 million. The Xbox Ones 4.2 million is nothing right now. Better late than never. And please don't try to talk about Xbox driving away customers they've done that just fine with their poor PR and being overly stubborn to what they want. They already have run the idea of a disc driveless model. Regardless of what they do or don't do they'll make someone angry.
---
3DS: 2552-1258-5440 / PSN: Nemisis666
"Does anyone else smell blue?"
#59SonyPonyTonyPosted 4/25/2014 10:16:16 AM
md22mdrx posted...
Both system sales graphs are pretty flat right now ...
Sony's is a problem of production.
M$ is a problem of demand.

I'd rather have Sony's problem.

Have fun with that. Me, I'd rather have MS's problem of raking in billions rather than trying to figure out how to keep my once grand company from going bankrupt like Sony
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
#60Gillian SeedPosted 4/25/2014 10:20:36 AM
I figured this would happen. I'm sure Microsoft could manufacture consoles at the same pace as Sony. Sony's sales show they produced at least seven million consoles. I'm guessing Microsoft produced around that many, but have shipped five million. That means there might be one to two million consoles waiting to be shipped. They probably already reduced production a bit.

Though I don't know how bad this is; if it's bad at all. Well, Xbox One's aren't flying off the shelves, but that's something we already knew from the sales numbers. Slowing down manufacturing is something that would naturally happen because of the sales. Trying to read anything into this is kind of a waste of effort. You might as well just look at the sales numbers.