Microsoft's first mistake this gen - Slowing down Xbox One production

#11Joey-ZazaPosted 4/25/2014 9:15:05 AM
Well to be fair I had a lot of coffee and I'm easily amused right now.

And I find Carrot Top to be funny. Not his jokes or anything that he does, just a smiling portrait of Carrot Top. Add any caption you want. The possibilities are endless.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#12LooksLikeRainPosted 4/25/2014 9:18:24 AM
Jedi454 posted...
Well Chevelle got his account back, time to add him to the ignore list.

---
Is that a W shirt?
#13Laylow12Posted 4/25/2014 9:31:36 AM
He's got a point though. Microsoft is choosing to report units shipped instead of units sold, so going by their own benchmark, shipping 14 million consoles sounds amazing. Even if they're in a secret warehouse somewhere in the desert, 14 million shipped is impressive.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#14schmarkenheimerPosted 4/25/2014 9:33:52 AM
Can't ship consoles if those you've shipped to haven't sold their stock.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#15billsfanno1Posted 4/25/2014 9:37:07 AM
I have seen nothing that indicates X1 production is slowing down other than a couple of fanboy sites twisting MS' statement. Production of Xbox in general is affected, but that combines X1 and X360. The slowdown is likely just X360, which makes sense considering it is selling much less than X1 and there are more units in the pipeline. MS is just months away from launching X1 in many more territories, and the holidays aren't far behind that. They will need the X1 inventory.
#16MilesTeg420Posted 4/25/2014 9:40:17 AM
By May, PS4 will be at 8 million sold to consumers, while Xbox One still hovering around 4-4.5 sell through. At this rate, 2-1 worldwide advantage is coming a lot sooner than you might think, we are already almost there.

With no notable April releases and moving back to $500, Xbox One will struggle to hit 150k in April NPD. At this rate they won't sell their stock until after the summer.

Meanwhile, Sony will continue to ship as many as possible. They are still very short on stock outside the US. By November, it's not too crazy to think Sony has shipped 15+ million units in it's first year.
#17RyuuHou25Posted 4/25/2014 9:43:17 AM
Sony is still struggling to meet demand, MS is now cutting down production because there is no demand. I bet all these so called people in various other countries PS4 is in are pissed there's all those X1s they're planning on buying en masse (sarcasm)
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
This is what you sound like to me when you ask something obvious/staring you in the face - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqz_tbBr2ts
#18Ramsus082Posted 4/25/2014 10:03:52 AM
Well, at least it sold more than the Xbox360 did in the same time frame, right?
---
"Exclusives MIGHT look better on the PS4. Multiplatform games will look identical." - You
#19Megamushroom666Posted 4/25/2014 10:08:50 AM
I just love that opening post.
---
"Deep into that darkness peering..."
www.SNACKEROO.com - Snacks on camera.
#20SonyPonyTonyPosted 4/25/2014 10:09:50 AM
well with no one taking TC seriously all his pony buddies came in to rally, how cute
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA