Anyone tried the Xbox 360-Xbox One Power converter?

#1zelda3003Posted 4/25/2014 10:27:55 AM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Power-Supply-AC-Adapter-Transfer-Converter-Cable-Lead-For-Xbox-360-To-Xbox-One-/301164625873?pt=UK_Video_Games_Cables_and_Adaptors&hash=item461ecf7fd1

Trying to find a power supply because my third party one is too loud, the only official Microsoft one is 40. Anyone tried these converters?
#2Viet0nePosted 4/25/2014 10:55:31 AM
Don't blame MS if you end up with a fried Xbox One.

When it comes to power, the only thing that should is okay to be non-official is the cable going from the outlet to the power supply. The power supply itself should always be an official one. If you want to risk using an non-official, even if it's for the Xbox 360, then you are taking an expensive risk.
---
Currently Playing: FFXIV ARR, FFXHD, Spelunky, Infamous SS
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#3uniquebadgerPosted 4/25/2014 11:09:07 AM
Why do you already need a new power supply? Also with laptops i learned long ago it is better just put out and pay the higher price for an official one vs a cheap one that you might have to keep replacing. Cheaper in the long run.
#4zelda3003(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2014 11:13:30 AM
uniquebadger posted...
Why do you already need a new power supply? Also with laptops i learned long ago it is better just put out and pay the higher price for an official one vs a cheap one that you might have to keep replacing. Cheaper in the long run.

I got my Xbox One for 170 which was a pretty good deal - just lacked a power supply. It's harder than i thought it would be to get a Microsoft branded one
#5uniquebadgerPosted 4/25/2014 11:17:27 AM
zelda3003 posted...
uniquebadger posted...

I got my Xbox One for 170 which was a pretty good deal - just lacked a power supply. It's harder than i thought it would be to get a Microsoft branded one

Just tried looking for one and you weren't kidding. They just really don't exist right now.
You could always try this. http://slumz.boxden.com/f452/how-to-get-a-legit-xbox-one-power-supply-directly-from-microsoft-2046197/
#6uniquebadgerPosted 4/25/2014 11:19:35 AM
Also if you do try that i would personally go through microsofts site and find that link instead of going from the link off the website. But i'm just paranoid about random links like that.
#7zelda3003(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2014 11:46:22 AM
uniquebadger posted...
Also if you do try that i would personally go through microsofts site and find that link instead of going from the link off the website. But i'm just paranoid about random links like that.

I tried that but you need to have your old power supply in order to get a replacement. Just got off the phone with Microsoft and they told me the very same thing. Stuck with a very loud 3rd party power supply for the time being