Good or Bad; that you can still buy "Day One" editions almost 6 months later?

#11Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 4/25/2014 4:55:10 PM
if you want an xbox one buy it off Ebay. the people are posting for less than $500 now.
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#12Garfield64(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2014 5:00:12 PM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
if you want an xbox one buy it off Ebay. the people are posting for less than $500 now.

If you wanted a XB1 you should of bought the NewEgg deal.

$450 for Free Titan Fall, Forza 5, and 1 year of Xbox Lives, and no tax.
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
Is a very well known Troll, please do not fall for their shenanigans!
#13teeebzPosted 4/25/2014 5:01:49 PM
Garfield64 posted...
teeebz posted...
Can someone explain how millions of units sold within a few months is bad now? Or is it just the idiot fanboys who prefer a specific console and will attack others on behalf of their beloved plastic box that consider it bad?

Selling millions of units in a few months like PS4 did (3 million of them) is good.

Not selling millions and instead shipping 1.2 million and then having to issue a drawdown to stop production because of excess stock in retail outlets, is not good.

Do you see the difference?

I thought there were over 5 million ps4's sold and like maybe 3 million Xbox ones sold.
Am I just totally off on that?
Maybe I am, then again, I'm having too much fun actually playing my systems and games to care much about all these numbers being thrown around.
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
PSN- Teebz83
#14Garfield64(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2014 5:05:27 PM(edited)
teeebz posted...

I thought there were over 5 million ps4's sold and like maybe 3 million Xbox ones sold.
Maybe I am, then again, I'm having too much fun actually playing my systems and games to care much about all these numbers being thrown around.

Was discussing the quarterly earnings reports for both companies.

What the heck are you discussing @_@

Not trying to rub salt in your wounds, but you are aware if the company goes the way of Wii U game support will significantly drop. Unlike Nintendo, Microsoft won't support a dead in water console.
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
Is a very well known Troll, please do not fall for their shenanigans!
#15teeebzPosted 4/25/2014 5:11:24 PM
Garfield64 posted...
teeebz posted...

Not trying to rub salt in your wounds, but you are aware if the company goes the way of Wii U game support will significantly drop. Unlike Nintendo, Microsoft won't support a dead in water console.

Lol I'm not sure. Not long ago I thought there were a hundred posts about Xbox and 3 million while sony was close to 7 million. I'm talking total sold though, not quarterly. So, if the one did sell a few million that's still amazing. Ps4 selling even more is amazing. We just have idiots that somehow care so much about the numbers that they try to irritate others. It's immature.

In all honestly, and being completely genuine, you aren't throwing salt in any wounds because I have none. I think console wars are stupid and people become very crazed and complete jerks to strangers who enjoy different things. I own both a PS4 and one.
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
PSN- Teebz83
#16pearl arowanaPosted 4/25/2014 6:04:14 PM

If you think about it there's a very high likelihood that people bought large quantities of the Bone thinking they could make a profit off its scarcity. It likely didn't even sell as well as the official sold numbers would make it seem. LOL that failboat is sinking.

With early adopters gettin screwed with price cut and bundles, this d1 have no values now.
---
OMG that the best cringed ever!!
ROFL
#17mike468Posted 4/25/2014 9:34:20 PM
It's not a huge deal. Car companies do it all the time during recessions. It doesn't mean they are planing to discontinue the system, just means sales are slower than they expected. They'll cut back on production until demand picks back up.

Almost all the die hard fans picked up the system at launch and usually April-Fall there is usually a drought of games being release. There is no reason for casual gamers to run out and buy either system at this point. They'll end up waiting until Oct.

It costs game companies to house inventory for a long time. MS will just scale back production for a few months. That is it.

At least I'm not seeing XBO systems on store shelves like the Wii-U, so that is a good thing.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#18SupaflyGibsonPosted 4/25/2014 9:51:03 PM
Garfield64 posted...
teeebz posted...

Are you serious? You honestly think devs will stop supporting the X1 just because the ps4 has sold more, despite the X1 having sold more than the 360 did in the same time span? And that MS will abandon it? Typical Sony fanboys claiming MS's sky is falling. Get a life man whether you like it or not the X1 is here to stay.
---
gt: For Spartaa
#19BlackPrivilegePosted 4/26/2014 12:06:20 AM
It just reinforces how badly XBone is failing considering MS refuses to announce how many units have actually sold.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okHGCz6xxiw
Steve Jobs: ":)"
#20InjusticeRebornPosted 4/26/2014 12:36:34 AM(edited)
Both.

It looks bad. It looks as if there wasn't enough that wanted the console. But then you could say Microsoft anticipated that there would be a lot of demand, and made sure there were enough (which is good). But then that reverts back to what I said previously. :P

Are we not sure that Microsoft just made more Day One editions after the initial batch? Because when I was in the market for both day one, I had a Day One pre-ordered, cancelled, and then after release went to order a Day One and they were sold out everywhere (I'm more of an online shopper when it comes to video game related stuff).
---
10/03/14-11/03/14 - the day GameFAQs turned into the Dead Sea of the internet.