Yahoo News: Microsoft may halt X1 production as inventory piles up

#61Darkness3389Posted 4/30/2014 1:36:40 AM(edited)
pearl arowana posted...
dnmt posted...
InjusticeReborn posted...
If only the Sony production of PS4's were this fast and consistent, maybe their manufacturers would receive some downtime like this too.

Sony literally can't make them fast enough, lol.

Sony ps4 have high demand all over the world. On the other hand, xbone with its inferior hardware, less value online swrvices and the spycam are rejected in many countries. Asia such as China and Japan generally hate xbone. When ps4 is launched in China xbone gonna get kicked in the nuts even harder.

Wow what a dumb comment. Nationality does not align you with a specific console. You buy which ever console appeals to you more. I'm Chinese and played consoles from all three manufacture throughout my life. You don't pick a console because of your race. I'm pretty sure there are gamers in China who ALREADY have the Xbox One or played it though illegitimate channels.

Oh yeah the whole spycam thing is a bunch of crap...for one thing if you had an Xbox One....you can turn on and use the console with a CLOTH covering the camera and also guess what....MOST laptops come with a built in webcam...you don't think people can easily hack into those too. Another the online service for Live has been fine....never had an issue with it or any significant down time....the down time usually occurs for a specific game not the service which means the DEVELOPERS of the game not Microsoft are having problems.

Oh yeah and ummmm PS4 has inferior Hardware to the PC which probably has a higher install base. The Xbox 360 had inferior hardware to the PS3 and it was leading last gen and PS2 had inferior software to the Xbox and it was leading that gen. You can even goes as far back as SNES and Genesis in which Genesis and Saturn had better hardware then Nintendo system, but Nintendo consoles so better.
---
GT- EndingEye - Patriots, Lakers, Dodgers, Galaxy & Kings Fan
Kobe Bryant 81 points V.S. Toronto Raptor 1/22/06 Historic
#62U_WOT_M8Posted 4/30/2014 2:57:52 AM
Darkness3389 posted...
pearl arowana posted...
dnmt posted...
If only the Sony production of PS4's were this fast and consistent, maybe their manufacturers would receive some downtime like this too.

Sony ps4 have high demand all over the world. On the other hand, xbone with its inferior hardware, less value online swrvices and the spycam are rejected in many countries. Asia such as China and Japan generally hate xbone. When ps4 is launched in China xbone gonna get kicked in the nuts even harder.

Wow what a dumb comment. Nationality does not align you with a specific console. You buy which ever console appeals to you more. I'm Chinese and played consoles from all three manufacture throughout my life. You don't pick a console because of your race. I'm pretty sure there are gamers in China who ALREADY have the Xbox One or played it though illegitimate channels.

THAT'S a dumb comment. He didn't say anything about the color of his skin or his nationality. He is saying that in the countries such as China and Japan, Microsoft and Xbox are not really respected at all. Sony has always been far more popular in these territories. The guy did not say anything about nationality having anything to do with console choice.
#63wake_me_420Posted 4/30/2014 3:23:21 AM
OZ_Archangel posted...
Why do people use the excuse that the console is outpacing the 360? statically its not a good argument because if you think about it each console generation will outpace the other.

The human population is exploding every year at an insane rate we are literally destroying ourselves and the world. Its at an alarming rate how much the population is growing. So off course more people 7 years later would want a console compared to a smaller world then

Also add that these companies have expanded, better technology at mass producing the product, more factories pumping them out, being shipped out to more people around the world. Granted the xbox isnt selling to alot of nations compared to sony but that would also explain why sony is way way ahead they have given the product to a larger demographic

Also because the population is exploding those kids who played games last gen love it still now will buy this console and prob for their kids. I mean in the 90s or early 2000s as if your parents played games, they didnt care, yet look at modern parents now they dont mind gaming, and that will grow and grow so come next gen the demand for them will be insane

I think you are over thinking this in regards to population growth. It hasn't exploded that much in 7 years. the One outpacing 360 is directly related to availability. It is just MS's way of using stats to make things seem better than they are.
---
Check out this sweet box fort I made. Dare I say, 'World's Greatest' :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jo57wauuvA
#64IndyJuniorPosted 4/30/2014 4:58:14 AM
Sounds like the Dreamcast all over again.
#65wake_me_420Posted 4/30/2014 5:48:31 AM
IndyJunior posted...
Sounds like the Dreamcast all over again.

Sega had very little goodwill with consumers, that may be similar with XB1...less so now than initally. Not having a dvd drive was a huge mistake for the Dreamcast...still one of my favourite systems.
---
Check out this sweet box fort I made. Dare I say, 'World's Greatest' :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jo57wauuvA
#66method115Posted 4/30/2014 6:03:31 AM
U_WOT_M8 posted...
Darkness3389 posted...
pearl arowana posted...
dnmt posted...

THAT'S a dumb comment. He didn't say anything about the color of his skin or his nationality. He is saying that in the countries such as China and Japan, Microsoft and Xbox are not really respected at all. Sony has always been far more popular in these territories. The guy did not say anything about nationality having anything to do with console choice.

Hasn't China had a console ban for a long time? I would think it would be hard to know who they align themselves with.
---
PSN: method114
XBL: method115
#67Ada-Wong-FanPosted 4/30/2014 2:56:52 PM
This is why microsoft released one more sku (sku 1 without Kinect 2.0 Priced: 349.99 / sku 2 with kinect Priced; 499.99)
---
My Prediction Release Dates of Final Fantasy XV (Japan Release Date: Christmas 2014) / (International Release Date: January 16 2015)
#68MisterGnomePosted 5/1/2014 12:05:45 AM
I would buy an Xbox One if it were $399.99 WITHOUT Kinect. I bought a PS4 this time around, but would love to play Killer Instinct.

However, if what Yahoo! said was true, the Xbox One is going to be what the mafia delivers to a person's doorstep to symbolize an assassination rather than a horse's head...
#69BushidoEffect3Posted 5/1/2014 4:55:20 AM
MisterGnome posted...
I would buy an Xbox One if it were $399.99 WITHOUT Kinect. I bought a PS4 this time around, but would love to play Killer Instinct.

However, if what Yahoo! said was true, the Xbox One is going to be what the mafia delivers to a person's doorstep to symbolize an assassination rather than a horse's head...

this. Hope Philly Cheese Steak Spencer announces a 399 kinect-LESS SKU to compete better with PS4 and get more sales.

Lol at your mafia comment. I remember watching the Godfather.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibgMA0LFIXHWnz.gif
#70bossk5Posted 5/1/2014 4:56:34 AM
BushidoEffect3 posted...
MisterGnome posted...

this. Hope Philly Cheese Steak Spencer announces a 399 kinect-LESS SKU to compete better with PS4 and get more sales.

Lol at your mafia comment. I remember watching the Godfather.

Why did you bump three topics about the same thing all at once?
---
I buy used games. Piss&MoanFaqs