Remember how the Wii won last gen?

#1SupaflyGibsonPosted 4/25/2014 9:04:37 PM
And the PS2 before that? Wii spec wise was a joke and the PS2 didn't hold a candle to the xbox either. Yet they still killed the competition. This is why this board is such a joke, half of it is X1 haters bashing the X1 for inferior specs and praising the PS4 as the reincarnation of Christ…when specs tend to not matter in the long run. What matters most is games. Both consoles are arguably equal in that category now, but I could easily see that change at E3. MS will definitely reveal Halo and possibly a new gears, and lets not forget how past ps exclusives like kingdom hearts will now be multi-plat.
---
gt: For Spartaa
#2OpheliaAdenadePosted 4/25/2014 9:10:27 PM
Honey, there is a big difference between the wii and the xbone. The wii was a weak system that was also much cheaper than the ps3 and 360. The xbone is weaker than the ps4 AND costs more than it. That isn't exactly a recipe for success.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#3Jedi454Posted 4/25/2014 9:11:51 PM
Well the Xbox One is a success in my home, so in the end of the day, isn't that all that matters?
---
[Force Persuade] That is not an opinion, you are just a troll with no life.
#4IzraeilPosted 4/25/2014 9:13:39 PM
Jedi454 posted...
Well the Xbox One is a success in my home, so in the end of the day, isn't that all that matters?

No...
#5BobbyB3000Posted 4/25/2014 9:15:38 PM
Honestly the wii sold a lot but look what it did to the wii u for nintendo

They won the battle but are losing the war in trying to stay relevant in the home console market
---
Xbox- Bobby3000
PS3- Bobbyb73
#6SupaflyGibson(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2014 9:16:11 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
Honey, there is a big difference between the wii and the xbone. The wii was a weak system that was also much cheaper than the ps3 and 360. The xbone is weaker than the ps4 AND costs more than it. That isn't exactly a recipe for success.

True. But even thinking back to the N64…now I have no idea how that sold compared to the ps1, but everyone agrees that console had many great games, and of course the ps1 was more powerful graphically. My point is that throwing specs around this board constantly only to bash or praise is stupid.
---
gt: For Spartaa
#7Kangkoopa713Posted 4/25/2014 9:16:17 PM
Kingdom Hearts was never a playstation exclusive to begin with it just so happen to launch on a sony console like every other 3rd party game

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (GBA)
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days(ds)
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance(3ds)
---
RANK UP! SERGEANT SERGEANT MASTER SERGEANT SHOOTER? PERSON! - Duty Calls (Bulletstorm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2238854/
#8billOrileyPosted 4/25/2014 9:16:39 PM
I agree that games are the most important aspect of winning over with the fans, but ms sucks when it comes to new ips. They rarely invest and make first party games when compared to the other competitions.Instead of trying to establish new ips for themselves last gen, they just bought out timed exclusives which came on the other systems later on. They could have easily used that 50 mil or whatever they've paid for gta4 dlc to make a new ip.
#9toolman129Posted 4/25/2014 9:17:06 PM
Absolutely. If specs mattered as much as some desperately hope they do, pc would be the only option.

Can't wait to see e3 for the xb1, it's likely to generate to most anticipation of the consoles.
---
GT:NightlordHypn0s
PSN:Saakk129
#10badmanneilPosted 4/25/2014 9:17:39 PM
lol at this topic.