Remember how the Wii won last gen?

#21IzraeilPosted 4/25/2014 11:06:54 PM
I think the only consistency we can see through past gens is that Playstation home consoles always win.
#22Shadowfxd2Posted 4/25/2014 11:31:03 PM
toolman129 posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
so what you're saying is Wii u will win this gen, since it's the weakest?

He's saying regardless of power, games sale consoles. Power hasn't historically mattered. How could you not infer that?

SNES won over Genesis... PS4 won over Xbone and WIi U.
#23Omega_BlackPosted 4/25/2014 11:53:02 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
Yea, if the N64 had used discs it would have dominated the ps1, but nintendo refused because they were worried about people burning discs and pirating games.:v That is why the gamecube had those awkwardly tiny discs. Nintendo didn't get over their fear of using normal discs till the wii came out.

Nintendo likes to play it safe. :v A lot.
The bold may have been part of the reason sure, however the other, more prominent side was that Nintendo did not like the slow load times associated with optical disc technology. Keep in mind that CD burners in the mid-90s were still a luxury item and quite expensive. Not very many people had them in their computers until late into the PS1 cycle and early into the Dreamcast cycle. The concern had less to do with pirating and more with what Nintendo felt would provide the best experience for the end user.

Gamecube discs were designed for the same reason: smaller discs coupled with high speed memory equated to shorter seek times and shorter load times, although the trade off was significantly less capacity than a normal sized DVD.
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#24toolman129Posted 4/25/2014 11:54:25 PM
Shadowfxd2 posted...
toolman129 posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
so what you're saying is Wii u will win this gen, since it's the weakest?

He's saying regardless of power, games sale consoles. Power hasn't historically mattered. How could you not infer that?

SNES won over Genesis... PS4 won over Xbone and WIi U.

Thanks for making that easy. The need to not respect your opinion confirmed.
---
GT:NightlordHypn0s
PSN:Saakk129
#25Shinobi120Posted 4/26/2014 12:08:27 AM(edited)
The reason Wii won was because they were catering to casuals & non-gamers with the Wii-mote & Wii-sports, not because of "weaker power" or "weaker specs."
#26Cowboy082288Posted 4/25/2014 11:55:04 PM
Izraeil posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Well the Xbox One is a success in my home, so in the end of the day, isn't that all that matters?

No...

Yes....
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#27LordcrabfoodPosted 4/26/2014 12:03:06 AM
Izraeil posted...
I think the only consistency we can see through past gens is that Playstation home consoles always win.

Sure, if you omit the PS3
#28BlackPrivilegePosted 4/26/2014 12:08:52 AM
Wii didn't win due to bad hardware. It won, because it got grandma and grandpa to pick up a controller for the first time ever. You can't compare it to ps2, and correlation =/= causation.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okHGCz6xxiw
Steve Jobs: ":)"
#29RyuuHou25Posted 4/26/2014 12:16:31 AM
You realize Wii didn't win because of games, it won because of the fact that it was an actually innovative system that was not only cheaper than the other two, but also drew in the casual crowd with Wii Fit. That thing sold Wii's like hotcakes.

Not to mention Fit Plus, Sports Resort and the like. That console pulled in a LOT of the casual crowd and then hooked them with new takes on old classics people always love.

And after that fad died, Wii was left with the diehards and what not. Hence why Wii U is not doing so hot.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
This is what you sound like to me when you ask something obvious/staring you in the face - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqz_tbBr2ts
#30Chanfan02Posted 4/26/2014 12:20:37 AM
I agree that the games are what matter the most and that is why I bought an X1 first. I am loving DR3, Ryse, Powerstar Golf, and Max the Curse of Brotherhood. I always liked MS exclusives better last gen because I felt they were all of excellent quality and had great online components which I like.

I'll get a PS4 in the future though to test out their exclusives as well. I did the same last gen.
---
XBL: Chanfan02
PSN: JChanfan