Remember how the Wii won last gen?

#51Shadowfxd2Posted 4/26/2014 2:29:48 AM
toolman129 posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
toolman129 posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
so what you're saying is Wii u will win this gen, since it's the weakest?

He's saying regardless of power, games sale consoles. Power hasn't historically mattered. How could you not infer that?

SNES won over Genesis... PS4 won over Xbone and WIi U.

Thanks for making that easy. The need to not respect your opinion confirmed.

Was a hissy fit neccesary? or is this normal Xbox fan etiquette?
#52cybersonic233Posted 4/26/2014 2:33:02 AM
Graphics matter a hell of alot more now then they did 10 years ago
#53aheroafakePosted 4/26/2014 2:36:47 AM
Shadowfxd2 posted...
toolman129 posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
toolman129 posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
so what you're saying is Wii u will win this gen, since it's the weakest?

He's saying regardless of power, games sale consoles. Power hasn't historically mattered. How could you not infer that?

SNES won over Genesis... PS4 won over Xbone and WIi U.

Thanks for making that easy. The need to not respect your opinion confirmed.

Was a hissy fit neccesary? or is this normal Xbox fan etiquette?

He's a little sensitive.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#54Apex-PlayerPosted 4/26/2014 2:40:21 AM
The thing everyone seems to ignore is MS is not Nintendo or Sony.

MS has never yet proven resilience to bounce back, Nintendo has had fails and come back strong, Sony has had iffy times and came back strong. MS has never been tested like Nintendo or Sony, this is their test now.

Xbox one, the first real xbox original launched into flop it was competing against an already dominate ps2.
Xbox360 launched a year ahead of its competition, and lost out in the end as the #3 to wii and ps3.

This is the first time MS has been pushed into a sink or swim situation and with cuts to production and a huge hit to the established fan base, this is the real test to see if the xbox brand can remain a main stay in the console market.

Under powered hardware may not have mattered in the past, but in the past Sony and Nintendos librarys weren't 95% shared. In this generation with so many shared games, having inferior versions does affect sales.

MS is known for rehashing the same games half a generation, not good.
Now they are showing to push micro transactions harder then anyone, not good.
Paywalls to features they tried to advertise as setting themselves apart, not good.

If MS bounces back this gen, it will be impressive.
If they abandon ship, it's simply because the test was to much and they lacked the creative focus both Nintendo and Sony have been proven to show.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#55TenzhiPosted 4/26/2014 2:41:38 AM
It doesn't take a hissy fit to disrespect an opinion that's the console-war equivalent of "Dewey Defeats Truman".
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#560PTICSPosted 4/26/2014 3:07:47 AM
Wii won last gen? I hardly ever used it. It was innovative, but I wouldn't say it won last gen.
#57LordcrabfoodPosted 4/26/2014 3:08:27 AM
Izraeil posted...
Lordcrabfood posted...
Izraeil posted...
I think the only consistency we can see through past gens is that Playstation home consoles always win.

Sure, if you omit the PS3

You don't have to omit PS3, it's still going strong, and will pass Wii sales. PS2 sold over 50million units AFTER PS3 launched. PS3 is still pretty expensive at $269, you'll see a surge in sales when it drops to under $200. It also has the best library for last gen consoles especially single player games that people can play even when online is dead, which will ensure it's longevity.

The post I quoted said that ps consoles always win. This has not happened with the ps3. Maybe it will and maybe it will not. The ps3 having the best games is purely opinion. I only ever enjoyed 2 exclusives on the ps 3.
#58TheWhoFanPosted 4/26/2014 3:16:29 AM
Yes, but what about The Cloud? Halo? And the absolutely free games with your monthly paid subscription? Those are things that you have to bear in mind.
---
I would rather cut my two feet off than play on a Vita or a console. #PCMR.
#59IzraeilPosted 4/26/2014 3:17:21 AM
Lordcrabfood posted...
Izraeil posted...
Lordcrabfood posted...
Izraeil posted...
I think the only consistency we can see through past gens is that Playstation home consoles always win.

Sure, if you omit the PS3

You don't have to omit PS3, it's still going strong, and will pass Wii sales. PS2 sold over 50million units AFTER PS3 launched. PS3 is still pretty expensive at $269, you'll see a surge in sales when it drops to under $200. It also has the best library for last gen consoles especially single player games that people can play even when online is dead, which will ensure it's longevity.

The post I quoted said that ps consoles always win. This has not happened with the ps3. Maybe it will and maybe it will not. The ps3 having the best games is purely opinion. I only ever enjoyed 2 exclusives on the ps 3.

I'm obviously not basing that on your enjoyment of the games, but PS3 has the most games rated 90%+ on meteoritic, and most 80%+ rated, and i haven't check the rest but it's safe to assume the ratio carries for the remaining of the list.
And as for hardware sales, yeah that's speculation, but it's a pretty safe bet, Sony said from the beginning that they will support the PS3 for 10 years, and they seem to be sticking with that plan. Like I said PS2 sold over 50 million units after PS3's launch, PS3 should be able to get at least 20million before it's death.
#60maizemaizePosted 4/26/2014 3:29:55 AM
And the PS2 before that? Wii spec wise was a joke and the PS2 didn't hold a candle to the xbox either. Yet they still killed the competition. This is why this board is such a joke, half of it is X1 haters bashing the X1 for inferior specs and praising the PS4 the reincarnation of Christ…when specs tend to not matter in the long run. Even Wii U is stomping X one now. What matters most is games. All three consoles are arguably equal in that category now,

True. X one needs to come up with FUN games. It may be needs its own "Warrior of war" and it's own "Kart racing". Maybe new management can change that.