Remember how the Wii won last gen?

#81ExempliGratiaPosted 4/26/2014 7:26:19 AM
Izraeil posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Well the Xbox One is a success in my home, so in the end of the day, isn't that all that matters?

No...

Yes... Why should he care what other people say about the X1. It isn't going to die anytime soon. As long as the system supplies me with what I want (games) then I'm fine.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#82ScirelPosted 4/26/2014 7:31:45 AM
The Wii "won" by selling junk games to people that did not care aout games before or after. It added nothing. They essentially "cheated". Not by selling games to fans, but to the Candy Crush and Microtransaction crowd.
---
Pokemon Black2 FC: 4342 0778 8528
3DS FC: 3265 5091 7202
#83Megamushroom666Posted 4/26/2014 9:12:18 AM
Wii was the cheapest of last gen too. Xbox One is far from the cheapest. Consumers recognize value and X1 just doesn't have that at the moment. PS4 is currently the best value on the market.
---
"Deep into that darkness peering..."
www.SNACKEROO.com - Snacks on camera.
#84pearl arowanaPosted 4/26/2014 10:16:27 AM
Wii got head start, cheap and people are fallen into motion control fad

Xbone have no head start, inferior, most expensive and people despise the spycam

But wii massive success really hurt Nintendo brand because now its synonyms with severely underpowered console. Wii U being underpowered just reconfirm the negative branding. Anybody other than nintendo fanboy would probably nevwr touch wii once they experience ps3 or 360. Period. They most likely regret buying that pos too.
---
OMG that the best cringed ever!!
ROFL
#85VRViperIIPosted 4/26/2014 10:22:35 AM
Wii was a joke. Games didn't sell on it, except for Nintendo games. That is not a gen win. WiiU might eventually win last gen. It's a sick last gen system.
---
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rheagar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Valar Morghulis
#86LordcrabfoodPosted 4/26/2014 11:05:48 AM
nableet posted...
@Lordcrabfood posted

Whether you agree with review scores, or not, is irrelevant. Everything is subjective, but the average review scores are higher which does suggest they were better received, if not out right better.

The PS3 is still selling 60k~ per week. It outsold the xbone for a number of weeks. The 360 is selling around 30k per week and is about 1M behind the PS3 in sales, with a year more in the market.

To speculate that the 360 will sell more is silly and based on nothing...

The games were not received better by me and that is all that matters. As for the 360, game systems spike and fall all the time. There was a time the 360 was selling more.
#87nableetPosted 4/26/2014 11:13:58 AM
Lordcrabfood posted...
nableet posted...
@Lordcrabfood posted

Whether you agree with review scores, or not, is irrelevant. Everything is subjective, but the average review scores are higher which does suggest they were better received, if not out right better.

The PS3 is still selling 60k~ per week. It outsold the xbone for a number of weeks. The 360 is selling around 30k per week and is about 1M behind the PS3 in sales, with a year more in the market.

The games were not received better by me and that is all that matters. As for the 360, game systems spike and fall all the time. There was a time the 360 was selling more.

That is all that matters to you, so you shouldn't really pass comment when someone tries to provide a quantifiable measure for a system having higher scoring games.

Whether you agree or not does not matter. The games are higher scoring. Whether you agree with the scores or not doesn't matter. The games are higher scoring.

The PS3 has outsold the xbox 360 pretty much since it launched. It is over 1 (one) million ahead with a year less in the market. No spike will change that.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#88SupaflyGibson(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2014 11:30:01 AM
nableet posted...
Lordcrabfood posted...
nableet posted...
@Lordcrabfood posted

That is all that matters to you, so you shouldn't really pass comment when someone tries to provide a quantifiable measure for a system having higher scoring games.

Whether you agree or not does not matter. The games are higher scoring. Whether you agree with the scores or not doesn't matter. The games are higher scoring.

The PS3 has outsold the xbox 360 pretty much since it launched. It is over 1 (one) million ahead with a year less in the market. No spike will change that.

I really doubt that but it doesn't matter anyway. PS3 has sold ~80 million worldwide with the 360 at ~79.4 million. Almost identical. My point about the wii is that despite being weaker graphically it still was successful. Yes the X1 is more expensive now but also offers more with the kinect, love it or hate it.
---
gt: For Spartaa
#89nableetPosted 4/26/2014 11:47:45 AM
SupaflyGibson posted...
nableet posted...
Lordcrabfood posted...
nableet posted...
@Lordcrabfood posted

I really doubt that but it doesn't matter anyway. PS3 has sold ~80 million worldwide with the 360 at ~79.4 million. Almost identical. My point about the wii is that despite being weaker graphically it still was successful. Yes the X1 is more expensive now but also offers more with the kinect, love it or hate it.

http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/hw_date.php?reg=Global&ending=Yearly

You were saying?
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#90LordcrabfoodPosted 4/26/2014 12:01:19 PM
@nableet. Your own opinion of a game is ultimately all that matters. Just cause Jimmy and his friends like the game does not mean it will appeal to you. I found the vast majority of ps3 exclusives dead boring. I have every right to think this and say so.

Who knows what will happen in the future with the 360. No one knows what price drops will occur and what bundles will become available.