Alien Isolation has potential but yet still a huge let down because...

#1Road_Kill_666Posted 4/25/2014 10:51:18 PM
Why in the blue hell is the alien this huge, bulky, loud, monster that walks upright?
I mean in the movies they walked on all fours ands were fast and stealthy. This thing
walks around making a ton of noise like Robocop in a hallway and its totally distracting because its not how the aliens were. If they made it lean forward and crawl with a lower profile and made it stealthy like it was in the movies then it would be scarier when it was on your radar but you still couldn't see it or hear it.
#2SparkItUpPosted 4/25/2014 11:06:23 PM(edited)
It's no different than Outlast. Hell, they are even marketing it t he same way on IGN . Even the titles are almost the same (only difference being the games name)

How Scary is Alien Isolation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EWe69vP1pA

How Scary is Outlast?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vcgdl4xQ18

While there will be melee weapons occasionally, it's been confirmed that there are no guns.
#3cloudtheprophetPosted 4/25/2014 11:02:24 PM
I can't get too excited for a Aliens game. Colonial Marines hurt me bad. It still stings
---
NNID: cloudtheprophet Xbox Live: Cloudtheprophet
#4CaIiber345Posted 4/25/2014 11:06:55 PM
This topic will go places.
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Rogue Legacy, Destiny
#5Road_Kill_666(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2014 12:28:16 AM
cloudtheprophet posted...
I can't get too excited for a Aliens game. Colonial Marines hurt me bad. It still stings

Agreed. I didn't even bother with it after watching some gameplay.
#6Hudson_RLPosted 4/26/2014 1:20:31 AM(edited)
The alien does stand upright and walk in the film. He's more like Michael Myers in the first. Hide in shadows.

The alien bares characteristics from what it burst out of. Bursts out a human - walks on two legs (alien). Bursts out of a dog - walks on four (alien 3).

AVP is not canon.
---
YES! YES! YES!
#7daniel79Posted 4/26/2014 1:47:25 AM
Hudson_RL posted...
The alien does stand upright and walk in the film. He's more like Michael Myers in the first. Hide in shadows.

The alien bares characteristics from what it burst out of. Bursts out a human - walks on two legs (alien). Bursts out of a dog - walks on four (alien 3).

AVP is not canon.

This.

TC, know your Alien. Go watch the films again..
#8xHughJasxPosted 4/26/2014 1:50:39 AM
daniel79 posted...
Hudson_RL posted...

AVP is not canon.

This.

---
If there wasn't people who blindly defended themselves when proven full of s*** time and again, there'd be no religious people.Or republicans. -jowephocks
#9InjusticeRebornPosted 4/26/2014 1:59:29 AM
Hudson_RL posted...

AVP is not canon.

Wow. I did not know this. Granted I've never watched either of them all the way through.

So if they burst out of a budgie, they can fly?
---
10/03/14-11/03/14 - the day GameFAQs turned into the Dead Sea of the internet.
#10aszsithPosted 4/26/2014 2:03:27 AM
daniel79 posted...
Hudson_RL posted...

AVP is not canon.

This.

I'm always amazed at the things people will complain about because they simply don't know the correct information, and rather than seek it out, they just gripe about it. I thought ignorance was bliss, but apparently not.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.