After about 5 months after release, what are your pros and cons of the X1?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. After about 5 months after release, what are your pros and cons of the X1?
1 year ago#1
The Pros for me are:
- Quick fluid UI
- Controller with new rumble triggers
- Love the games so far
-Achievement system is sleeker with images on achievements and randomly added achievements.
- Recording Function
- Chat quality seems a lot better
- Kinect is surprisingly responsive for me

CONS
- Some missing features
- Install times can be long at times
- Less powerful compared to competition (graphics are fine to me though. Ryse looked stunning)

To be completely honest I am really satisfied with my purchase. There are a few games that I love already and play them constantly and I don't care for the whole 1080p issue crap everyone spouts.

I look forward to the future of Xbox and feel that the exclusives they announced will be my type of games. Overall I give the system a solid 8/10 right now. It need some fixes but overall I am loving it.
---
XBL: Chanfan02
PSN: JChanfan
1 year ago#2
Pros: multitasking is great also kinect seems better than when I first had it, actually has killer instinct.

Cons: not all games are 1080p but that's fine, it's price was hard to swallow, that paywall yet almost everyone has gold, needs more indies, no playable music in the background, it should have features that the xbox 360 should of had.
---
My blade will tear you limb from limb, my eyes aren't as cold as my glare, my heart is black as my metal, I am fulgore mark 3, prepare yourself for devastation
1 year ago#3
chedibang1994 posted...
Pros: multitasking is great also kinect seems better than when I first had it, actually has killer instinct.

Cons: not all games are 1080p but that's fine, it's price was hard to swallow, that paywall yet almost everyone has gold, needs more indies, no playable music in the background, it should have features that the xbox 360 should of had.

Agree. Some of the 360 features we need back and I heard they are getting a lot more indies in the future.
---
1 year ago#4
I like most things about it, I don't like the new bumpers. Or hard resetting when ever I have a issue. Other then that's it's a solid system. Hopefully in a couple weeks I can snag a ps4
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU/Steam - bloodandbourbon
(message deleted)
1 year ago#6
Glad to hear other people are enjoying their X1 too.I'll probably get a PS4 this summer, best of both worlds.
---
1 year ago#7
Pros:
Chat quality
Rumble triggers
Controller design
Decent exclusives

Cons:
Terribly slow UI with too much clutter
Kinect novelty wears off fast
TV functionality is pointless. Why would I run my Xbox all day when it doesn't add to the experience at all IMO?
Underpowered and games like Titanfall suffer from frame drops due to it (I think)
Headset adapter was a rip off and should have been included
Instant On is awful - I've had to do full restarts because it didn't recognize my headset fully. I could hear them and they hear me but it sounded as if they were distant when they weren't.

I know it seems like a lot of con's. I love my Xbox but lately I've just been realizing how much better the whole UI is on the PS4. Will still play exclusives such as Forza, Gears and Halo without a doubt. :)
1 year ago#8
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
Pros:
Chat quality
Rumble triggers
Controller design
Decent exclusives

Cons:
TV functionality is pointless. Why would I run my Xbox all day when it doesn't add to the experience at all IMO?
Underpowered and games like Titanfall suffer from frame drops due to it (I think)
Instant On is awful - I've had to do full restarts because it didn't recognize my headset fully. I could hear them and they hear me but it sounded as if they were distant when they weren't.

I know it seems like a lot of con's. I love my Xbox but lately I've just been realizing how much better the whole UI is on the PS4. Will still play exclusives such as Forza, Gears and Halo without a doubt. :)

No worries I respect your opinions. I haven't had the issue with the slow UI though so I'm not sure about that. Mine is usually pretty quick.

I personally think Titanfall fps drops were from using an old engine combined with a small team making the game. It didn't feel finished to me, so maybe they tried to rush it out for an early release window.
---
1 year ago#9
Pros:

Controller
Exclusives
Quietness of the console
UI Layout
Download speeds
Apps
Some Kinect features
Achievement Layout

Cons:

Some Kinect features missing
The UI is slow
Internet doesn't connect automatically with wifi, which is frustrating
Install times
---
[Force Persuade] That is not an opinion, you are just a troll with no life.
1 year ago#10
Chanfan02 posted...
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
Pros:
Chat quality
Rumble triggers
Controller design
Decent exclusives

Cons:

No worries I respect your opinions. I haven't had the issue with the slow UI though so I'm not sure about that. Mine is usually pretty quick.

I personally think Titanfall fps drops were from using an old engine combined with a small team making the game. It didn't feel finished to me, so maybe they tried to rush it out for an early release window.

Possibly, although I never once had an issue with the Alpha and Beta of Titanfall. On the same maps (Angel City and Fracture) I see quite a few issues. :(

Not sure why honestly but its annoying.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. After about 5 months after release, what are your pros and cons of the X1?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived