Microsoft Claims that Cloud Computing Can Provide Power of 3 Xbox Ones

#11Sniper_BrosefPosted 4/26/2014 6:19:40 AM
quincy2000a posted...That_Damn_Kid posted
Show us something Microsoft.
This

They did show something. They showed how cloud powered gaming can improve the performance of a game at the San Fran Build Conference.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2014/04/04/microsoft-shows-off-power-of-the-cloud-for-xbox-one/
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#12Engineer-samaPosted 4/26/2014 6:52:48 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
This

They did show something. They showed how cloud powered gaming can improve the performance of a game at the San Fran Build Conference.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2014/04/04/microsoft-shows-off-power-of-the-cloud-for-xbox-one/

If MS showed it, there's a 99.9% chance they tweaked it out. Like the xbone demo units last year actually using PC hardware.

What I want to see is some average Joe playing a different game and still being able to say it looks just as good as the preview.
#13TheGam3925Posted 4/26/2014 6:56:16 AM
That explains why Titanfall looks 32x better on Xbox One than it does on Xbox 360.

Oh, wait.....
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#14SoulTrapperPosted 4/26/2014 6:56:44 AM
That's strange, it used to be "4 times more powerful"

http://www.develop-online.net/news/microsoft-cloud-makes-xbox-one-four-times-more-powerful/0114948

Guess the clouds are fading
#15Sniper_BrosefPosted 4/26/2014 6:57:16 AM
Yes. Great post Sama... Whine about cloud processing not being possible. After MS shows it is at a build conference what then? It's probably doctored. Thank you for your insight Sama. I'm sure the world will be better off knowing that the great and powerful Sama is here to pull s*** out of his ass and speculate from his couch.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#16The_DOAMPosted 4/26/2014 7:04:12 AM
You know the Wii U uses cloud based tech for it's TVii had it since launch actually.
The PS4 uses a modified Direct X 11 as well.

My point is things like Direct X or even this cloud talk won't help the ONE at all as the competition can just as easily do it. If they actually had some one with a gaming background(Yes I'm bringing this up) they'd know that they need to focus heavily into the games ignore 3rd parties like EA and do their own thing.
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#17SoulTrapperPosted 4/26/2014 8:08:00 AM
The_DOAM posted...
You know the Wii U uses cloud based tech for it's TVii had it since launch actually.

My point is things like Direct X or even this cloud talk won't help the ONE at all as the competition can just as easily do it. If they actually had some one with a gaming background(Yes I'm bringing this up) they'd know that they need to focus heavily into the games ignore 3rd parties like EA and do their own thing.

That's what Spencer is supposed to start doing now.

Promoting him to head of xbox is probably the smartest decision they made about the console so far.
#18BoxTheMuppetPosted 4/26/2014 8:27:29 AM
The_DOAM posted...

Neither sony nor Nintendo have the server infrastructure in place to do cloud computing like MS is claiming it can do. I know someone is going to post "but Sony has servers too. Lol". It's not on the scale MS does. I'm not saying it will work, but if it does it could put MS ahead.

As for your comment upon MS needing someone with a gaming background...why don't you apply for the job? I'm sure your intricate knowledge of the workings of billion dollar corporations would be a great asset to the MS team. You are the hero we deserve.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#19ZerabpPosted 4/26/2014 8:30:02 AM
Real time processing vs offloaded processing real time wins. They already have latency and bottleneck issues because of DDR3, using the cloud would exacerbate this. The only reason they are pushing "the cloud" so heavily is because it effectively brings back the always online drm by arguing that the cloud is needed for essential processing tasks.
---
XBL Gamertag:SentinelZ PSnetwork ID: SentinelZ
"Bloody wars are easier to survive than idiots with ballots. " Neal Boortz
#20ExempliGratiaPosted 4/26/2014 8:33:24 AM
Engineer-sama posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
This

If MS showed it, there's a 99.9% chance they tweaked it out. Like the xbone demo units last year actually using PC hardware.

What I want to see is some average Joe playing a different game and still being able to say it looks just as good as the preview.

"show me proof" *shows proof* "it's Microsoft this is probably doctored"

LMAO.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia