Microsoft Claims that Cloud Computing Can Provide Power of 3 Xbox Ones

#41Chao_YunPosted 4/26/2014 9:31:48 AM
BoxTheMuppet posted...
Chao_Yun posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Yes. Great post Sama... Whine about cloud processing not being possible. After MS shows it is at a build conference what then? It's probably doctored. Thank you for your insight Sama. I'm sure the world will be better off knowing that the great and powerful Sama is here to pull s*** out of his ass and speculate from his couch.

Well, aside from the fact that any cloud processing would require a pipe bigger than your mouth, yes, I would say it is a fundamental problem. When the speed of light is faster, your point will be better.

Can we try this again without insults and with points that are coherent?

Actually, that was a two for one. I think I explained the inconsistency, but feel free to disagree.
---
Forest trees are greener.
#42kill_distroyPosted 4/26/2014 9:35:32 AM
Even if it is true, it is not like they can keep this in mind while developing games. If they did, then that would mean you would have to be online to play, no?

Then again, I'm really bad at this stuff.
---
Words That Kill
GT: Risev / PSN: RiseQ8
#43SetzeraPosted 4/26/2014 9:37:42 AM
Ok so let me get this straight.

They had to include a Kinect with every Xbox because if they didn't, most people wouldn't have it, and not be able to use the software developed for it. They decided, everyone needs one for it to work.

But they want to promote this cloud computing, so that everyone can benefit from it.. I suppose they are going to be providing everyone with a fast and stable internet connection too, so no one is left out and unable to use that software?

Looks like that cloud feature is discriminatory.
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Ultra PSU | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |
#44Tyronelio1Posted 4/26/2014 9:44:06 AM
Lol a post from a troll got a bunch of Sony and pc fanboys crying on it like they know what the cloud is or isn't.

Just wait and see, it's either amazing or crap.

Stop acting like you trolls know something about cloud processing in the way ms is doing it.
---
Welcome to Sonyfaqs.com.
Currently playing: FF: 13-3, NBA 2K13, Lego: Batman/LotR, The Sims 3: Pets, Hitman HD Trilogy and LotR: War in the North.
#45OpheliaAdenadePosted 4/26/2014 9:44:50 AM
I must congratulate them. o.o They've found a way to reinstate their "always online" policy without letting the xbone adopters know about it! If anything they're going to welcome it due to claims that it provides the "power of 3 xbox ones."

And how are people without good internet going to make use of cloud processing anyway? :v
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#46ejay8320Posted 4/26/2014 9:45:23 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
quincy2000a posted...That_Damn_Kid posted
Show us something Microsoft.
This

They did show something. They showed how cloud powered gaming can improve the performance of a game at the San Fran Build Conference.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2014/04/04/microsoft-shows-off-power-of-the-cloud-for-xbox-one/

In a highly controlled environment, only a very small fraction of the world let alone the US will have the network needed to use it.
#47Chao_YunPosted 4/26/2014 9:47:25 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
Lol a post from a troll got a bunch of Sony and pc fanboys crying on it like they know what the cloud is or isn't.

Stop acting like you trolls know something about cloud processing in the way ms is doing it.

What do you know about anything? I am seriously just curious. It could be about dolls or tanks.
---
Forest trees are greener.
#48Viet0nePosted 4/26/2014 9:48:18 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...

Everyone who even remotely attempted to research the Xbox Cloud knows it's identical to Azure. Therefore, the limitations of the Xbox Cloud are limited to what you can do with Azure which is CPU based.

Sony however has Gaikai. Gaikai is a cloud service that's GPU based with nVidia GRID.

Microsoft may have demoed what's possible with their Azure for CPU calculations.

nVidia has demoed what's possible with their GRID for GPU calculations.

PS4 is already a generation ahead of Microsoft with Cloud assisted gaming.
---
Currently Playing: FFXIV ARR, FFXHD, Spelunky, Infamous SS
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#49Tyronelio1Posted 4/26/2014 9:51:26 AM
Chao_Yun posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

What do you know about anything? I am seriously just curious. It could be about dolls or tanks.

I'm a chef so I know about food for one.

However I do not know, just like you or any other poster know what or how the cloud processing is apart from what I've read from news articles and what not.

I think it's stupid to hate or praise something before you even know if its good or useless.
---
Welcome to Sonyfaqs.com.
Currently playing: FF: 13-3, NBA 2K13, Lego: Batman/LotR, The Sims 3: Pets, Hitman HD Trilogy and LotR: War in the North.
#50BjornAgainstPosted 4/26/2014 9:57:03 AM
If you think lag in multiplayer games is annoying wait until you have to deal with lag in processing graphics. Cloud computing will only work if you have a super fast connection, stable servers, and no lag at all. If you experience even a small amount of lag it could make the game unplayable.

Cloud computing does have a future, but that future is not even close to being here. Anyone who thinks the cloud will triple the power of the XBone any time in the near future is delusional.