Microsoft tries to hide anemic XBOX ONE sales amid lackluster quarterly earnings

#21Chao_YunPosted 4/26/2014 12:10:53 PM(edited)
Actually, I agree. BS TC post with no real numbers. I say this in the sense that most MS figures show sales to retailers only, which means nothing. They continue to run a consumer business like an enterprise business. News flash, you can't seduce every IT home consumer, though I would love it if you tried.
---
Forest trees are greener.
#22Chao_YunPosted 4/26/2014 12:09:34 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#23BlackPrivilegePosted 4/26/2014 2:52:14 PM
Wow, the sales are even worse than the trolls predicted.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okHGCz6xxiw
Steve Jobs: ":)"
#24LooksLikeRainPosted 4/26/2014 3:00:55 PM
Chao_Yun posted...
Darkside_Shadow posted...
Jedi454 posted...
How is Solnot not banned yet?

For what? I missed the racial subcontext. Oh wait, was there some sort of bias based on a corporation? Perhaps one that you might send a deluge of 'delete this post now b/c it doesn't comply with my corporation's goals?' Man, if you are going to shill out, at least earn your piece.

Solnot's alt here guys.
---
Is that a W shirt?
#25chubbychaserPosted 4/27/2014 2:17:30 PM
BlackPrivilege posted...
Wow, the sales are even worse than the trolls predicted.

which make it more than sad.
---
aaaHAA!! X800 XT PE
#26OkayPlayer1Posted 4/27/2014 2:30:40 PM
Did anyone even read the article? Sure the title is pure click bait but the actual article says the following...

"Charges that Microsoft is deliberately hiding some catastrophic weakness in Xbox One sales, however, are probably overblown. While itís true that Redmond could probably stuff the channel with consoles in the short term to hide low uptake, its retail partners have financial reporting obligations of their own ó and that very much includes inventory"

"Right now, the PS4 is unquestionably outselling the Xbox One, and by a significant margin, but drawing conclusions at this early date would be foolish."

"In 2008 ó a full year after the PS3 had launched, the Xbox 360 was crushing its rival, with 1.44 million consoles shipped that year as compared to just 726,000 PS3s. The PS3 was dead last in game attach rates, it had fewer titles, and it was significantly more expensive. Sony was still losing hundreds of dollars on every console sold. Microsoft had a huge early lead on its rival, even if both were dwarfed by the Wiiís meteoric success. Today, things look a little different."

Settle down everyone.
#27billOrileyPosted 4/27/2014 2:35:15 PM
looks like ms is gonna pull an atari and bury the xbones in the dessert when it's all said and done :(
#28Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 4/27/2014 2:39:54 PM
OkayPlayer1 posted...
Did anyone even read the article? Sure the title is pure click bait but the actual article says the following...

"Charges that Microsoft is deliberately hiding some catastrophic weakness in Xbox One sales, however, are probably overblown. While itís true that Redmond could probably stuff the channel with consoles in the short term to hide low uptake, its retail partners have financial reporting obligations of their own ó and that very much includes inventory"

"Right now, the PS4 is unquestionably outselling the Xbox One, and by a significant margin, but drawing conclusions at this early date would be foolish."

"In 2008 ó a full year after the PS3 had launched, the Xbox 360 was crushing its rival, with 1.44 million consoles shipped that year as compared to just 726,000 PS3s. The PS3 was dead last in game attach rates, it had fewer titles, and it was significantly more expensive. Sony was still losing hundreds of dollars on every console sold. Microsoft had a huge early lead on its rival, even if both were dwarfed by the Wiiís meteoric success. Today, things look a little different."

Settle down everyone.

you expect people to read?

shame on you...
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#29BlackPrivilegePosted 4/27/2014 3:16:29 PM
I think a big price cut at E3 is inevitable now.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okHGCz6xxiw
Steve Jobs: ":)"
#30ExempliGratiaPosted 4/27/2014 4:09:40 PM
Chao_Yun posted...
Darkside_Shadow posted...
Jedi454 posted...
How is Solnot not banned yet?

For what? I missed the racial subcontext. Oh wait, was there some sort of bias based on a corporation? Perhaps one that you might send a deluge of 'delete this post now b/c it doesn't comply with my corporation's goals?' Man, if you are going to shill out, at least earn your piece.

For constantly trying to incite people on the board.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia