Microsoft tries to hide anemic XBOX ONE sales amid lackluster quarterly earnings

#31GothmogzPosted 4/27/2014 4:44:48 PM(edited)

"In 2008 ó a full year after the PS3 had launched, the Xbox 360 was crushing its rival, with 1.44 million consoles shipped that year as compared to just 726,000 PS3s. The PS3 was dead last in game attach rates, it had fewer titles, and it was significantly more expensive. Sony was still losing hundreds of dollars on every console sold. Microsoft had a huge early lead on its rival, even if both were dwarfed by the Wiiís meteoric success. Today, things look a little different."

Whoever wrote that totally missed the point, the ps3 made a comeback because Japan, exclusives, better prices and in the end, it was the most powerful console but only some games could used it. Now the ps4 is cheaper from the beginning, is even more powerful, will have the same amount of support from Japan and more exclusives and better ones than xbox one. So the same facts that made the ps3 good in the end, are present in the ps4, not the xbox one.

If anything, the breach is going to be wider in some years.

---
Gamertag: Alehappy
#32BloodyDove2vsPosted 4/27/2014 4:50:45 PM
chrish909 posted...
Lackluster? X1 is the third fastest selling console of all time.

and then stopped
---
"how much is your soul worth" XB1M13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp8aNBFFaw0
#33ssjgohhkuPosted 4/28/2014 8:15:36 AM
lol
#34wake_me_420Posted 4/28/2014 8:21:03 AM
OkayPlayer1 posted...
Did anyone even read the article? Sure the title is pure click bait but the actual article says the following...

"Charges that Microsoft is deliberately hiding some catastrophic weakness in Xbox One sales, however, are probably overblown. While itís true that Redmond could probably stuff the channel with consoles in the short term to hide low uptake, its retail partners have financial reporting obligations of their own ó and that very much includes inventory"

"Right now, the PS4 is unquestionably outselling the Xbox One, and by a significant margin, but drawing conclusions at this early date would be foolish."

"In 2008 ó a full year after the PS3 had launched, the Xbox 360 was crushing its rival, with 1.44 million consoles shipped that year as compared to just 726,000 PS3s. The PS3 was dead last in game attach rates, it had fewer titles, and it was significantly more expensive. Sony was still losing hundreds of dollars on every console sold. Microsoft had a huge early lead on its rival, even if both were dwarfed by the Wiiís meteoric success. Today, things look a little different."

Settle down everyone.

Serious question. Did MS consider RROD replacement units as systems shipped/sold?
---
Check out this sweet box fort I made. Dare I say, 'World's Greatest' :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jo57wauuvA
#35Chao_YunPosted 5/2/2014 9:25:17 AM
ExempliGratia posted...
Chao_Yun posted...
Darkside_Shadow posted...
Jedi454 posted...
How is Solnot not banned yet?

For what? I missed the racial subcontext. Oh wait, was there some sort of bias based on a corporation? Perhaps one that you might send a deluge of 'delete this post now b/c it doesn't comply with my corporation's goals?' Man, if you are going to shill out, at least earn your piece.

For constantly trying to incite people on the board.

It has been awhile since I have followed this board closely, but banning someone for an opinion piece seems pretty stupid to me.
---
Forest trees are greener.
#36Dack_LancerPosted 5/2/2014 9:47:03 AM
shout out to ps3's crap UI and ps4 copy and paste UI
---
Pokemon Y : Nyc Spookz - 4613 7486-5591
F the hype
#37Chao_YunPosted 5/2/2014 9:49:10 AM
Dack_Lancer posted...
shout out to ps3's crap UI and ps4 copy and paste UI

Not enough ads? =P
---
Forest trees are greener.
#38bob15xPosted 5/2/2014 9:57:00 AM
jon davis posted...
chrish909 posted...
Lackluster? X1 is the third fastest selling console of all time.

Mm yes third, MS favourite position.

all time or did you ignore that ?
#39HerbylurchPosted 5/2/2014 10:00:20 AM
I'll just leave this here...

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/05/01/sony-adds-200m-in-expected-losses-despite-ps4-success

Safe to say no company is perfect, since Solnot is pure troll.
#40PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 5/2/2014 10:11:54 AM(edited)
Jedi454 posted...
How is Solnot not banned yet?

The same reason kcypher, legend, and chrish909 aren't banned. They're great for bringing traffic to these boards. All fanboys and trolls are what keeps these boards alive.

Sad, but true.
---
http://www.youtube.com/greeneagemedia
Check me out!