Microsoft tries to hide anemic XBOX ONE sales amid lackluster quarterly earnings

#51NSGraphitePosted 5/2/2014 8:31:09 PM
aheroafake posted...
Jedi454 posted...
How is Solnot not banned yet?

How are most of the trolls on this site not banned yet?

If they banned all the trolls, this site would get boring, fast.
---
http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3va9jp/
I don't always Troll on the internet. But when I do, I make it the Xbox-One forums...
#52Chao_YunPosted 5/5/2014 5:35:01 AM
Kupo_Mog_Kupo posted...
I guess they like playing with their food.

I got that, lol. The first time, I promise! ;)
---
Forest trees are greener.
#5382xenoPosted 5/5/2014 6:41:43 AM
OkayPlayer1 posted...
Did anyone even read the article? Sure the title is pure click bait but the actual article says the following...

"Charges that Microsoft is deliberately hiding some catastrophic weakness in Xbox One sales, however, are probably overblown. While itís true that Redmond could probably stuff the channel with consoles in the short term to hide low uptake, its retail partners have financial reporting obligations of their own ó and that very much includes inventory"

"Right now, the PS4 is unquestionably outselling the Xbox One, and by a significant margin, but drawing conclusions at this early date would be foolish."

"In 2008 ó a full year after the PS3 had launched, the Xbox 360 was crushing its rival, with 1.44 million consoles shipped that year as compared to just 726,000 PS3s. The PS3 was dead last in game attach rates, it had fewer titles, and it was significantly more expensive. Sony was still losing hundreds of dollars on every console sold. Microsoft had a huge early lead on its rival, even if both were dwarfed by the Wiiís meteoric success. Today, things look a little different."

Settle down everyone.

Why do some people expect some magical MS comeback?

There has literally never been a time where MS sold more than Sony worldwide on a monthly basis, EXCEPT when their console cost less than Sony's and it had a decent userbase advantage from a year head start. Sony came from behind not only with the decisions the company made, but it still had some significant brand hold that it had from the generations before on it's side.

The best MS will be doing is maybe a slight lead in the US in the end.
---
Shwing
#54daniel79Posted 5/5/2014 6:56:49 AM(edited)
billOriley posted...
looks like ms is gonna pull an atari and bury the xbones in the dessert when it's all said and done :(

Why do you think they went looking for ET?

They wanted to know the best spot..
#55Ramsus082Posted 5/5/2014 3:38:09 PM
Bump, because watching board regulars scramble to undermine the messenger of the information is ****ing adorable.

Troll! Fanboy! Go away, don't post new information about the console unless it's positive!
---
"Exclusives MIGHT look better on the PS4. Multiplatform games will look identical." - You
#56DolobillPosted 5/5/2014 3:57:05 PM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
chrish909 posted...
Lackluster? X1 is the third fastest selling console of all time.

The fastest. It's the fast selling console .of. all. time.

Also

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/181337-microsoft-attempts-to-hide-anemic-xbox-one-sales-amid-lackluster-quarterly-earnings

http://www.microsoft.com/Investor/EarningsAndFinancials/Earnings/SegmentResults/S2/FY14/Q3/Performance.aspx

Xbox
Sold in 2.0 million consoles, including 1.2 million Xbox One consoles

Hiding = Presented openly?

Always though extremetech was a joke, now I know it is.

How could it possibly be the fastest selling console ever if it's behind PS4 in the same time frame? That just makes no sense.

Also, they ARE hiding numbers. 1.2 million "sold in" says nothing about how many were sold to actual consumers. Xbox one might not even be the third best selling console, since MS had only been giving us shipped numbers instead of sold.
#57chubbychaserPosted 5/6/2014 12:06:51 AM
Dolobill posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
chrish909 posted...
Lackluster? X1 is the third fastest selling console of all time.

The fastest. It's the fast selling console .of. all. time.

Also

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/181337-microsoft-attempts-to-hide-anemic-xbox-one-sales-amid-lackluster-quarterly-earnings

http://www.microsoft.com/Investor/EarningsAndFinancials/Earnings/SegmentResults/S2/FY14/Q3/Performance.aspx

Xbox
Sold in 2.0 million consoles, including 1.2 million Xbox One consoles

Hiding = Presented openly?

Always though extremetech was a joke, now I know it is.

How could it possibly be the fastest selling console ever if it's behind PS4 in the same time frame? That just makes no sense.

Also, they ARE hiding numbers. 1.2 million "sold in" says nothing about how many were sold to actual consumers. Xbox one might not even be the third best selling console, since MS had only been giving us shipped numbers instead of sold.

Since its obvious microsoft is embarrassed about its SOLD figure, my guess is its way off from it 1.2 million SHIPPE D number, and now they going to stop xbone production because too many unsold xbone. Its pretty grim.
---
aaaHAA!! X800 XT PE
#58Miiri0Posted 5/6/2014 6:47:51 AM
Ramsus082 posted...
Bump, because watching board regulars scramble to undermine the messenger of the information is ****ing adorable.

Troll! Fanboy! Go away, don't post new information about the console unless it's positive!

Lol
#59crucialPosted 5/7/2014 2:44:21 PM
Have both,both are pure garbage right now and Sony is in some deep trouble,lost 87% of all there earnings since 2000 lol Sony is the joke around town even in Japan,they are junk status,I think we can all admit this will be the last gen for consoles,its no longer profitable.

Sony does have a lot of indies and ports though because that is what we all wanted out of a next gen console,I love paying more for pixel games on PS4 then PC,its a great strat for Sony.