XBOX ONE: 10 Big Changes That Would Actually Make It Worth Buying...

#1SolnotPosted 4/26/2014 6:37:37 AM
http://whatculture.com/gaming/xbox-one-10-big-changes-actually-make-worth-buying.php

Really good read on 10 things the XBONE needs to improve on! Check it out, XBROS!
#2Skynet82997Posted 4/26/2014 6:40:45 AM
Did your account just come off suspension or something? Because you appear to be working madly to make up for lost trolling time.
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#3ExnoobishPosted 4/26/2014 6:45:34 AM
Skynet82997 posted...
Did your account just come off suspension or something? Because you appear to be working madly to make up for lost trolling time.

This
#4Foreign ObjectsPosted 4/26/2014 7:00:33 AM
10. Auto sign in
I agree, I can't believe this wasn't included

9. Comcast/Universal Remote Support
I can see this. Should be controllable via third party remote for sure.

8. Free Stuff, And Lots Of It For Xbox Live Gold Subscribers
I'd like free stuff.. Who wouldn't? But it's not necessary. Grasping at straws here.

7. Add More Customisation Options And Make Them Easier To Find/Understand
The settings is a little confusing.. Could be cleaned up. I agree.

6. Longer Kinect ‘Listening’ Time
I don't use it much, but I've never had any issues with it.

5. Double Down On Kinect (In Ways That Make Sense)
Could definitely use the Kinect in better ways, but it's not a deal breaker.

4. Upgrade The Xbox Snap With Different Display Sizes/Audio Options
Yep needs this. It's annoying to snap a video to that side, and have a tonne of wasted space and a tiny video. Could definitely be better.

3. Make “Bing” More Informative
Don't use it, not necessary. I use my phone if I want to look something.

2. Deliver The Back Catalogue
At this stage, nearly 6 months after release and having only a handful of games released? It definitely needs more games. Having the console backwards compatible would have been absolutely ideal.. Especially for the Arcade games. My biggest problem with the Xbone is the lack of games. It's so frustrating.

1. Apologise
What a terrible way to end a decent article. MS doesn't need to apologise for anything regarding the Xbox One, and an apology won't change a single thing. What a pathetic way to end the article.
---
etc
#5yiangaruuugaPosted 4/26/2014 7:20:16 AM
1. People who have multiple people utilizing the system makes auto-sign in bad. Between my roommate, my gf, my friend, and myself, someone would be constantly having to sign out and then back in. Just eliminate an extra sign-out step, and utilize kinect sign-in or manual sign.

2. Every Xbox One app should support voice, and a better keyboard. Who thought one long keyboard was better than the standard qwerty lol

3. I hope that MS understanding of it's fanbase's response to G4G selection was subpar. Hopefully they fulfill their promise and start releasing more up-to-date games like PSN.

4. I totally disagree about the settings. For one, all you have to do to access settings is click menu on the controller and go to settings. There is no need for going to apps, etc. I also think the setting menu is done very well. It categories the settings to specific categories. I do agree with some of the sub-menus however. I don't think that the Xbox One should default to any specific app, game, etc. The Metro UI lets you access your favorites quickly, and w/ Kinect, its even faster.

5.I actually wish the Kinect had a lesser listening time. I've never had a problem with it cutting out mid-command. I do have a problem with having to say "Stop Listening," after one simple command, or waiting the 15 seconds for all the green text to disappear.

6. I admit this would be a cool feature :D

7. Yes! I wish I could snap half-and-half like I can on my W8.

8. Eh, Bing is Bing, therefore I don't expect Bing to be very good to begin with. They need to implement Cortana.

9. Backwards compatibility is an iffy subject. You have the fanbase saying they want it bad, but then you have the 80% or so who don't actually use it because they either have the previous system, or they are focusing on new releases.

10. I think they apologized enough, and have even discounted the system for $100 for around 3 weeks. At this point, if you want the system, then you have it, or you're waiting until next year when all the games start kicking off. Phil Spencer is doing a much better job relating to fans. I have faith in his leadership ability.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix | PSN: xFrostxPhoenix
GSU Comp Sci C/O 2015 | XB1;360;PS4;N64;SNES
#6RS_YELARAKAPosted 4/26/2014 8:22:34 AM
Ignore +1
---
GT - YELARAKA (Member of RS Squad)
2DS FC - Coming Soon
#7PlzstopflamingPosted 4/26/2014 8:25:40 AM
Girl: "hey how are you? Nice to meet you, what do you do for a living"

Solnot: "that depends, see I work in the drive thru window at McDonald's to get by, but that isn't a career or passion for me. So listen I own this thing called a Playstation 4 right? You know the second coming of jesus, but unfortunately I'm waiting on games for it but that's besides the point. Anyways what I'm trying to say is when I'm not working my minimum wage job my passion is to go on these things called "message boards" and make topic after topic trying to bash the competitive system Xbox One. It's great because I fit in with the other 23849 people that do it I feel like I actually fit in."

Girl: "are you serious?

Solnot: "of course! You think I have this permanent grin on my face and live under that creepy bridge alone for no reason? And since my mom monitors my internet I have to go to the library on the weekends when I'm not getting bullied at school"

Girl: *gets up moving faster and faster towards the door*
#8Megamushroom666Posted 4/26/2014 10:10:27 AM
Apologizing would be appreciated. They tried to pull a fast one on their userbase and it backfired.
---
"Deep into that darkness peering..."
www.SNACKEROO.com - Snacks on camera.
#9Jedi454Posted 4/26/2014 10:12:55 AM
Plzstopflaming posted...
Girl: "hey how are you? Nice to meet you, what do you do for a living"

Solnot: "that depends, see I work in the drive thru window at McDonald's to get by, but that isn't a career or passion for me. So listen I own this thing called a Playstation 4 right? You know the second coming of jesus, but unfortunately I'm waiting on games for it but that's besides the point. Anyways what I'm trying to say is when I'm not working my minimum wage job my passion is to go on these things called "message boards" and make topic after topic trying to bash the competitive system Xbox One. It's great because I fit in with the other 23849 people that do it I feel like I actually fit in."

Girl: "are you serious?

Solnot: "of course! You think I have this permanent grin on my face and live under that creepy bridge alone for no reason? And since my mom monitors my internet I have to go to the library on the weekends when I'm not getting bullied at school"

Girl: *gets up moving faster and faster towards the door*

Solnot's life in a nutshell.
---
[Force Persuade] That is not an opinion, you are just a troll with no life.
#10GeistPosted 4/26/2014 10:16:51 AM
You're trying extra hard today it seems TC.
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!