Kinectless Xbox One, is it really needed?

#11Viet0nePosted 4/26/2014 8:34:12 PM
BoneRevolution posted...
No. We already have an underpowered PC out there. We don't need another.

Th Xbox One isn't using the Kinect for anything worthwhile yet. There is a huge userbase that won't ever play Kinect games. That makes the Kinect controls a very minor influence for a purchase factor.

There are millions of people out there would would prefer a $100 drop in price.
---
Currently Playing: FFXIV ARR, FFXHD, Spelunky, Infamous SS
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#12aszsithPosted 4/26/2014 8:56:34 PM
youngskillz posted...
if it helps drop the price/move more units, then might aswell have one.

theres plenty of people that would prefer this.

The changes to the DRM policy didn't seem to help boost sales. Why would offering another skew suddenly do the trick? Because all the people who claim they won't buy an XBOne while it comes with Kinect say they will get one? If you believe them, then perhaps it is worth it. Personally, I think they wouldn't buy one anyway, so again, what's the point?
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#13xacebopPosted 4/26/2014 9:01:59 PM
yiangaruuuga posted...
No. The Kinect is $75 of the cost, making a Kinectless Xbox One cost $425. MS wants to make a profit of some sort so the MSRP will probably be $450, which was the price of an Xbox One + a $60 game for around 3 weeks.

Anyone who wanted an Xbox One already has it, or is waiting until next year for more games to come out.

Actually I'm waiting for them to drop kinect
#14Gravis_MortorumPosted 4/26/2014 11:32:25 PM
I think about it being like the 2DS. People wanted a more basic piece of hardware that lacked the bells and whistles but was more affordable, so Nintendo provided it. It sold. Microsoft may want to consider following suit. It doesn't seem like most of the games they're producing rely on the Kinect anyways.
#15Spetsnaz420Posted 4/26/2014 11:36:38 PM
Gravis_Mortorum posted...
I think about it being like the 2DS. People wanted a more basic piece of hardware that lacked the bells and whistles but was more affordable, so Nintendo provided it. It sold. Microsoft may want to consider following suit. It doesn't seem like most of the games they're producing rely on the Kinect anyways.

Actually this is a fantastic analogy... I actually considering a 2DS for MH4 now that their price is better. I have no interest in their sudo 3d
---
Searching for my long lost twin, is this you?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#16jrr18Posted 4/26/2014 11:38:48 PM
BoneRevolution posted...
No. We already have an underpowered PC out there. We don't need another.

yes because an underpowered pc with unreliable motion controls is better.
---
CHOO CHOO all aboard the hate train next stop whine country.
PSN/steam jrr101
#17Stefmeister7Posted 4/26/2014 11:45:57 PM
Gravis_Mortorum posted...
#18BrokenChaos666Posted 4/26/2014 11:53:11 PM
If MS wants me to even remotely consider a purchase, yes.
#19ZerabpPosted 4/26/2014 11:54:46 PM
If they want to sell it to people more forgiving than myself yes it is.
---
XBL Gamertag:SentinelZ PSnetwork ID: SentinelZ
"Bloody wars are easier to survive than idiots with ballots. " Neal Boortz
#20dnmtPosted 4/27/2014 12:05:40 AM(edited)
I think the Xbone needs to be priced at $349 in order to compete with the PS4. If the Kinect has to be removed to make that happen then so be it.