Kinectless Xbox One, is it really needed?

#31Reginleif20Posted 4/27/2014 1:26:52 AM
Jedi454 posted...
What are your thoughts?

Another way to get more momentum with sales is a cheaper price. If MS wants more sales then this is one of the ways to do it
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#32TenzhiPosted 4/27/2014 1:32:31 AM
Dersu_Uzala posted...
Except the XL's screen looks like ass because it's zooming in the display to a resolution larger than it was meant to be viewed at.

I'll take less eyestrain over "crisp" images on a postage stamp every day of the week. I've gamed in CGA graphics, a screen with less jaggies than the 16 bit era is fine. Hell, if I could stretch it even more and output it to my television I would. Probably would have finished Project X Zone by now, too.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#33CaIiber345Posted 4/27/2014 1:39:38 AM
yiangaruuuga posted...
No. The Kinect is $75 of the cost, making a Kinectless Xbox One cost $425. MS wants to make a profit of some sort so the MSRP will probably be $450, which was the price of an Xbox One + a $60 game for around 3 weeks.

Anyone who wanted an Xbox One already has it, or is waiting until next year for more games to come out.

Or is waiting for a price drop to $400, or is waiting for another bundle deal with a digital game they want, or another bundle with a physical game they want, or for an exclusive title that is a must-have for them, or for a SKU without Kinect.

But go ahead and continue speaking for everyone.
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Rogue Legacy, Destiny
#34mjc0961Posted 4/27/2014 2:15:07 AM
Yes. I refuse to consider buying an Xbone until a bundle without the Kinect hits store shelves. I refuse to pay even one penny extra for an included camera that I won't even take out of the box.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#35mjc0961Posted 4/27/2014 2:18:20 AM
Dersu_Uzala posted...
The 2DS is the best version of the hardware if you actually care about playing games, though. The controls are absolutely spot on.

Except it's the worst version. Overpriced, crappy mush buttons, no folding design to keep it portable, uncomfortable to hold. Just awful.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#36nableetPosted 4/27/2014 2:27:22 AM
aszsith posted...
The changes to the DRM policy didn't seem to help boost sales.

How do you know? Just because the xbone isn't selling as well as the PS4 doesn't mean that changing the DRM policy didn't help.

Removing the kinect wouldn't make me buy one in the near future. It would have done a couple of months ago, but too late now.

I expect there will be a kinect-less option in a few years when I may want to pick one up for the exclusives though.

I don't support kinect or MS including it. It doesn't matter if they drop the price, as long as kinect is included then buying the console is supporting their decision to include it.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#37Reginleif20Posted 4/27/2014 2:42:28 AM
mjc0961 posted...
Dersu_Uzala posted...
The 2DS is the best version of the hardware if you actually care about playing games, though. The controls are absolutely spot on.

Except it's the worst version. Overpriced, crappy mush buttons, no folding design to keep it portable, uncomfortable to hold. Just awful.

That's because it wasn't meant for you
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#38WrathbonesPosted 4/27/2014 2:49:33 AM
Dersu_Uzala posted...
I doubt you own, or have done comparisons between, an XL and a standard 3DS.

Sorry, I've done just that between my friend's XL and his mom's 3DS. The XL is bigger, but the 3DS is crisper and cleaner. I will always take crisper over bigger.

That is NOT what she said.
#39ComradeRyanPosted 4/27/2014 4:15:55 PM
Yes.
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com
#40PorungaPosted 4/27/2014 4:25:23 PM
Yes. The kinect is one of several reasons I have not picked up a xbox one yet.