Controller - Disconnecting - Thoughts?

#1psykojuggalo98Posted 4/27/2014 12:03:03 AM
My Day 1 controller disconnected on day one, while playing Dead Rising 3. Then, it did so every other time I played the game, but only that game. I thought it was a glitch within the game.

However, when I first got Titanfall, it did it again. It stopped after I got the play 'n charge kit -- which made me think it was a battery connection issue -- but just did so again, twice, while playing another game.

I know the manager at the store I bought it from, and he's promised to return it if I'd like to do so. But I know this is a noted issue with other people. Think there's an update coming? Or should I return it and try another?

Thoughts, please

(And, yes, I did create a topic like this a couple of months ago. I have OCD, and this drives me nuts, especially since I'm worried it may be the system.)
#2MonicasBackPosted 4/27/2014 12:04:52 AM
Happens to me randomly even with fresh batteries, its a known issue
---
Monicaaa
#3psykojuggalo98(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2014 12:21:39 AM
Think it's worth trying another? My Day 1 is in perfect condition and very clean, so it's not like I'd just be scamming them for a new controller. I shower/wash my hands well before playing.
#4TenzhiPosted 4/27/2014 12:34:46 AM
On my 360 my wireless controller occasionally disconnects when a Yellow Cab is nearby - I've seen them set off those store security scanners some stores have near their doors when they pull up close, too. It's one of the reasons I prefer wired controllers.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#5psykojuggalo98(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 11:05:53 AM
That's really interesting. I'm out in the country, though, so I don't think I have to worry about yellow cabs.
#6psykojuggalo98(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 11:06:31 AM
Any other ideas/thoughts? Is it worth swapping it out for a new one to try?
#7Kocano26Posted 4/28/2014 11:07:15 AM
Have you tried updating the controller yet?
---
Kocano Wins!
#8psykojuggalo98(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 11:10:39 AM
Kocano26 posted...
Have you tried updating the controller yet?

I bought the play and charge kit when I learned of the update, and did so. This was the Titanfall controller update.

It seemed like using the play and charge battery solved the issue, but now it's doing it again.
#9psykojuggalo98(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 11:11:01 AM
I also have never used a microphone or headset
#10DojoMaxPosted 4/28/2014 11:13:33 AM
Sometimes the connections are loose where the batteries make contact. I solved this problem but slightly bending those metal contacts outward.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVN_Ytl_bgA -- Titanfall is better on 360 than XBone.
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin:DojoMax