Are you impressed by the 'power of the cloud'?

#21TeraPatrick2008Posted 4/27/2014 8:37:42 AM
Of course, almost as much as I'm impressed by the power of Kinect and 720p.
#22AzaneAzerPosted 4/27/2014 8:37:49 AM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
It's in "The final hours of TitanFall" book. Ultimately EA considered doing a PS4 version, but as it's CPU was slower than the Ones and Sony was unwilling to provide dedicated servers for their own games it wasn't going to work.

Microsoft paid for exclusive rights to the product, Which is why their head developers said Titanfall 2 would be multiplatform, or PS4 exclusive.

the clock isn't a factor because the product CAME OUT ON XBOX360 to cut that argument off entirely.

As far as the AI, It's not exactly smart, exciting or powerful, it's all cannon fodder to feed bad players so they feel better, so if they actually waste this innovative tech on the feature most people hate, I feel kind of bad for them.
#23HENTAIDOJIPosted 4/27/2014 8:48:16 AM
AzaneAzer posted...
Microsoft paid for exclusive rights to the product, Which is why their head developers said Titanfall 2 would be multiplatform, or PS4 exclusive.

MS funded partial development for timed exclusivity. Else the game would not exist. It went full exclusive when specs were finalised and Sony shyed away from dedicated servers.

the clock isn't a factor because the product CAME OUT ON XBOX360 to cut that argument off entirely.

Hence why the 360 version:

Also used cloud for AI
Looks and runs worse
was outsourced.

As far as the AI, It's not exactly smart, exciting or powerful, it's all cannon fodder to feed bad players so they feel better, so if they actually waste this innovative tech on the feature most people hate, I feel kind of bad for them.

As I understand it was more about the numbers. Killzones devs said the system couldn't do more than 24 AI's without compromising the framerate. Titanfall has twice as many.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#24PorungaPosted 4/27/2014 8:58:15 AM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
AzaneAzer posted...

MS funded partial development for timed exclusivity. Else the game would not exist. It went full exclusive when specs were finalised and Sony shyed away from dedicated servers.

If that were true, why was respawn surprised and angry when they were told by EA that titanfall would be exclusive to xbox and pc? Wouldn't they have known about this alleged hardware deficiency on the playstation consoles?
#25Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 4/27/2014 8:59:54 AM
can their cloud "make it rain"?

that was funny

im funny...
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#26HENTAIDOJIPosted 4/27/2014 9:06:55 AM(edited)
Porunga posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
AzaneAzer posted...

If that were true, why was respawn surprised and angry when they were told by EA that titanfall would be exclusive to xbox and pc? Wouldn't they have known about this alleged hardware deficiency on the playstation consoles?

They were under the impression Sony would have a strong online presence this generation, they they high-tailed on DRM and as you may have heard, ever pressing financial issues take their toll. Note GT5 and the Resistance games all had their servers closed recently. How many people were playing those compared to TF? It's a case of belt tightening.

There may well be a TF2 on PS4. It just won't have dedis.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#27BiochemicPosted 4/27/2014 9:31:53 AM
The carebears were more impressive with the power of the rainbow.
#28Cornbread4lifePosted 4/27/2014 9:54:31 AM
TC, you forgot the option for "I'm still not sure what the power of the cloud is." The only thing I know is that it saves my games for me because I'm clearly too irresponsible to manage my own saves, thereby making it impossible to back up my mysteriously self-deleting BF4 campaign saves.
---
GT: Cornbread4life
#29FPS_hitmanPosted 4/27/2014 10:00:14 AM
Games don't even run smooth without lag and now the internet connection also has to do cloud at the same time.

Can you say BS?
#30DarthUchiha91Posted 4/27/2014 10:20:13 AM
Why don't you ask this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_DqV1xdf-Y
---
" I don't see the difference between 1080p and 792p"- Ray Charles