The paywall is THE reason why XB1 has failed to attract the casual gamer

#11AzaneAzerPosted 4/27/2014 9:42:45 AM
BBQMoosehead posted...
You can get a similar priced PC for $500 that does what XB1 does? But not everyone wants a honking PC in their living room.

Why is a pc a honking? I use a laptop multimedia center in my living room, it's smaller than the cable box, and It only cost about 400$ (Pro-tip, you don't need a top of the line machine for multimedia, it's very very low on hardware).

The PC also has by far the largest market and 30 years worth of backwards compatability.

I do like how "TITANFALL TITANFALL TITANFALL" people that raved about it being Xbox one exclusive dismiss PCs for not having enough games... LOL
#12chubbychaserPosted 4/27/2014 9:44:50 AM
AzaneAzer posted...
The Xboxone has no advantage over their ps4, and costs more, with no option of removing the expensive mandatory peripheral.

And the PR is probably the biggest thing.

yeah. xbone is full of fail.
---
aaaHAA!! X800 XT PE
#13BBQMoosehead(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2014 9:49:08 AM
AzaneAzer posted...
BBQMoosehead posted...
You can get a similar priced PC for $500 that does what XB1 does? But not everyone wants a honking PC in their living room.

Why is a pc a honking? I use a laptop multimedia center in my living room, it's smaller than the cable box, and It only cost about 400$ (Pro-tip, you don't need a top of the line machine for multimedia, it's very very low on hardware).

The PC also has by far the largest market and 30 years worth of backwards compatability.

I do like how "TITANFALL TITANFALL TITANFALL" people that raved about it being Xbox one exclusive dismiss PCs for not having enough games... LOL

No offense but having a PC in the living room looks stupid. Theyre meant for desks and offices, not livng rooms. Tablets are meant for livjng rooms.
#14GeistPosted 4/27/2014 9:53:47 AM
If it keeps people like you away TC I am all for it.
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#15spacejamjordanzPosted 4/27/2014 10:03:22 AM
If you play online games, then the pay wall becomes a moot point this time around. If you really don't, but still use streaming apps, then I can see the issue.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#16elbarto1Posted 4/27/2014 10:05:11 AM
You can remove the kinect if you want. Its not mandatory anymore.
---
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: THE_BODY_ :NNID: The_B0DY
#17ShadowNinja87Posted 4/27/2014 10:05:29 AM
It's dad that die hard xbox fans still defend XBL when it's a massive paywall and has little ad rages over PSN at this point.
#18BBQMoosehead(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2014 10:12:07 AM
Geist posted...
If it keeps people like you away TC I am all for it.

Who ever said i fall in that category? I do plan games, even tough im now a casual gamer from what used to be a hardcore gamer last gen.

Do you know how many console owners use their old XBs as media hubs?

From last gen, only 60% of the owners subscribed to gold. That says it all. There is a pretty significant portion of XB owners who use them primarily for media.
#19godplaysSNESPosted 4/27/2014 10:16:01 AM
The paywall was there ever since the original Xbox, and didn't stop the casuals from getting the Xbox 360

ShadowNinja87 posted...
It's dad that die hard xbox fans still defend XBL when it's a massive paywall and has little ad rages over PSN at this point.

It's sad when any paywall gets defended. Just because Gold is even worse than PS+ doesn't suddenly make PS+ good.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#20gohoanqPosted 4/27/2014 10:16:25 AM
The paywall didn't stop them from loving the 360 last gen. The XO is suffering because it costs too much, has a forced Kinect that most people don't want at all, and is weaker than the PS4. :l
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.