The paywall is THE reason why XB1 has failed to attract the casual gamer

#31ZerabpPosted 4/27/2014 12:56:19 PM
BBQMoosehead posted...
AzaneAzer posted...
BBQMoosehead posted...
You can get a similar priced PC for $500 that does what XB1 does? But not everyone wants a honking PC in their living room.

Why is a pc a honking? I use a laptop multimedia center in my living room, it's smaller than the cable box, and It only cost about 400$ (Pro-tip, you don't need a top of the line machine for multimedia, it's very very low on hardware).

The PC also has by far the largest market and 30 years worth of backwards compatability.

I do like how "TITANFALL TITANFALL TITANFALL" people that raved about it being Xbox one exclusive dismiss PCs for not having enough games... LOL

No offense but having a PC in the living room looks stupid. Theyre meant for desks and offices, not livng rooms. Tablets are meant for livjng rooms.

You do know you can make a pc a little more powerful than the XB1 and a lot smaller than it for the same price right. Seriously if you are arguing aesthetic comparison you are only showing your ignorance of the range of PC cases available to the public.
---
XBL Gamertag:SentinelZ PSnetwork ID: SentinelZ
"Bloody wars are easier to survive than idiots with ballots. " Neal Boortz
#32bob15xPosted 4/27/2014 12:59:45 PM
axelfooley2k5 posted...
nah

500 for inferior hardware

500 in general.......people look at the cheaper product then are told it is more powerful and that is the icing on the cake

he said casual. Casual don't really care about just games but the whole package. While it is much worse for game, it is better for other things
#33Enigma149Posted 4/27/2014 1:01:51 PM
bob15x posted...
axelfooley2k5 posted...
nah

500 in general.......people look at the cheaper product then are told it is more powerful and that is the icing on the cake

he said casual. Casual don't really care about just games but the whole package. While it is much worse for game, it is better for other things

Oh, please, it's not "much worse for gaming". Yes, it's not quite as powerful, but at this point, I think it's been pretty much established that the Xbox One is only slightly weaker than the PS4.
---
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0
#34singhellotakuPosted 4/27/2014 1:08:59 PM
axelfooley2k5 posted...
nah

this, especially because there is no real reason for casuals to notice the paywall, they likely don't play online and they probably have 9 different other devices that can use netflix, the bigger point is the idea of a all in one entertainment device is stupid, nobody actually wants that....and if they do, they buy a computer
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot...and weeaboo...I mean, honestly people.
#35Mr_Fury32Posted 4/27/2014 1:43:58 PM
Geist posted...
If it keeps people like you away TC I am all for it.

can you explain what the point your making is? or is it just empty words like fanboys?
---
WANTED: DEFIANCE AND RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS PS3 players
System ID's :PSN ID: Auron-32, Xbox LIVE: AzzTheStickman. I'm in the U.K. so thats 0GMT
#36GeistPosted 4/27/2014 1:46:26 PM
BBQMoosehead posted...
Geist posted...
If it keeps people like you away TC I am all for it.

Who ever said i fall in that category? I do plan games, even tough im now a casual gamer from what used to be a hardcore gamer last gen.

Do you know how many console owners use their old XBs as media hubs?

From last gen, only 60% of the owners subscribed to gold. That says it all. There is a pretty significant portion of XB owners who use them primarily for media.

What ever keeps you and your imaginary statistic away is still fine by me.
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#37SetzeraPosted 4/27/2014 1:54:45 PM
TC, you make a really good point. They're marketing it as a living room device for the everyone market. But they have 80+ things behind the paywall, according to an article I read a while back. No one is going to pay a subscription fee to use Netflix or Skype like you said, when it's free on every other device you can buy.

Never thought about that before.
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Ultra PSU | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |
#38SneakiestNegPosted 4/27/2014 1:55:16 PM
A multimedia device that seems to cater to the North American market predominantly. Not a lot of fans for the NHL around here.
#39chedibang1994Posted 4/27/2014 2:09:11 PM
Tc is slightly right in my opinion but when you buy an xbox usually people know the deal with online multiplayer so they buy live that's what I did and I never really noticed any pay wall because I already made a decision to purchase two years of it knowing I will need it, since I knew that I was buying an xbox common sense told me to get gold to get the best out of it, never knew anything about a paywall...
---
My blade will tear you limb from limb, my eyes aren't as cold as my glare, my heart is black as my metal, I am fulgore mark 3, prepare yourself for devastation
#40BaronVladzPosted 4/27/2014 2:11:37 PM
chedibang1994 posted...
Tc is slightly right in my opinion but when you buy an xbox usually people know the deal with online multiplayer so they buy live that's what I did and I never really noticed any pay wall because I already made a decision to purchase two years of it knowing I will need it, since I knew that I was buying an xbox common sense told me to get gold to get the best out of it, never knew anything about a paywall...

The Gold IS the paywall. If that's the expected purchase then it would need to be marketed as a $560 device instead of a $500 since most of its functions cannot work without the $60 purchase. That's what gets to me