The paywall is THE reason why XB1 has failed to attract the casual gamer

#61Cowboy082288Posted 4/29/2014 5:59:44 PM
Seeing as how none of the 8th gen consoles have more than 30 million sales yet, I would say none of them have attracted casuals yet.

People buying new consoles right now are early adopters.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#62chubbychaserPosted 5/4/2014 5:42:36 PM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
M$ has made all the wrong moves this gen.

---
aaaHAA!! X800 XT PE
#63TheGam3925Posted 5/4/2014 5:48:54 PM
BBQMoosehead posted...
How useful is the xb1 to someone without gold?

Not very useful. You can't do anything but play single player games.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#64aszsithPosted 5/4/2014 7:56:22 PM
Casuals actually are the ones willing to pay out the wazoo for content. This is why the free-2-play cell phone game market has flourished.

"I ran out of lives and I wasn't done crushing candy! Oh, I can spend $0.99 and continue for a few minutes? Yay!"
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#65slyman19Posted 5/4/2014 8:02:08 PM
Shinobi120 posted...
No one cares that you can watch TV on your TV. That's NOT a selling point like DVD & Blu-Ray was.

chrish909 posted...
Ps4 is selling very well right now, too bad sony doesnt make much profit from it, possibliy losses.

Stop telling lies.

What lies? Sony has said they make nothing on the console itself.
#66chubbychaserPosted 5/5/2014 11:10:48 PM
TheGam3925 posted...
BBQMoosehead posted...
How useful is the xb1 to someone without gold?

Not very useful. You can't do anything but play single player games.

its useless without annual subscription.

you CAN'T use browser
you CANT use youtube
you cant use your already paid apps. ROFL
you can do nothing. lol
---
aaaHAA!! X800 XT PE
#67Megamushroom666Posted 5/5/2014 11:23:07 PM
BBQMoosehead posted...
MS goal is to have the XB1 as peoples MAIN device in the living. It plays games, controls your tv, yada yada yada. But trust me when i say this...no casual gamer who wants to use their XB has a media hub and to watch netflix, skype etc is gonna pay $60/yr just for that. Think of how many people use their old xboxes as media hubs and no one is gonna see the value or need in renewing their XBL on a $500 console.

MS needs to cut the crap and drop the BS paywall because until they do, XB1 will never been a main living room device.

Don't forget media devices like Google Chromecast and Apple TV can be had for less than $100.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi-WLSEUV4U
www.SNACKEROO.com - Snacks on camera.
#68Shinobi120Posted 5/5/2014 11:28:23 PM
slyman19 posted...
Shinobi120 posted...
No one cares that you can watch TV on your TV. That's NOT a selling point like DVD & Blu-Ray was.

chrish909 posted...
Ps4 is selling very well right now, too bad sony doesnt make much profit from it, possibliy losses.

Stop telling lies.

What lies? Sony has said they make nothing on the console itself.

Wrong. They break even off of each game &/or PSN card sold (at $50).
#69PulpPosted 5/6/2014 2:50:32 AM
BBQMoosehead posted...
MS goal is to have the XB1 as peoples MAIN device in the living. It plays games, controls your tv, yada yada yada. But trust me when i say this...no casual gamer who wants to use their XB has a media hub and to watch netflix, skype etc is gonna pay $60/yr just for that. Think of how many people use their old xboxes as media hubs and no one is gonna see the value or need in renewing their XBL on a $500 console.

MS needs to cut the crap and drop the BS paywall because until they do, XB1 will never been a main living room device.

I do partially agree with you -- but no so much on the casual argument.

People are stupid (casuals included) but only to a point... the Xbone most certainly should not have hidden most of it's features behind Gold.
---
INTEL 533MHZ PIII 512k/133, ALL-IN-Wonder 128 Pro AGP, 128MB SDRAM, Sound Blaster 32AWE, 47GB Elite SCSI, Win98
#70jellybeanmasterPosted 5/6/2014 4:36:06 AM
Wrong TC. The casual consumer is an idiot and dont know any better. You can get them to spend money on anything if you get to them before the other guy. The things I've heard people ask gamestop clerks will have you baffled and leave you dumb founded. They really know next to nothing about gaming
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,