The paywall is THE reason why XB1 has failed to attract the casual gamer

#71SaQu1BPosted 5/6/2014 7:05:44 AM(edited)
jellybeanmaster posted...
Wrong TC. The casual consumer is an idiot and dont know any better. You can get them to spend money on anything if you get to them before the other guy. The things I've heard people ask gamestop clerks will have you baffled and leave you dumb founded. They really know next to nothing about gaming

This.
Most of the X1 owners I know in real life have no idea about the paywall (prior to the purchase)
#72fan360Posted 5/6/2014 7:15:25 AM
Why do I pay $60 to watch netflix?

I have already paid netflix a monthly fee.
#73TheGam3925Posted 5/6/2014 7:18:00 AM
A paywall to use Internet explorer of all things, lulz.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#74res123123Posted 5/6/2014 7:51:19 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
The paywall is just one part of the problem.

The xbox one has had PR issues since the reveal, E3 made it even worse.

They came back on a lot of those ridiculous policies, but at the same time they were blaming their consumer because they "weren't ready" for what they had planned.

This of course meant that reversing those policies lost most of it's effect, because they were insulting the people who they were changing the policies for.
It's as if they spat in your soup and called you names when you complained about it and asked for a fresh bowl.
It just doesn't make any sense.

And then came the rumors of multi platform games running at lower resolutions.
Those were accompanied by heavy denial of the hardware being worse than that of the ps4 and claims by MS representatives that "the truth would come out" and other claims like it.

When those rumors turned out to be true, MS once again lost a lot of consumer trust because they had been pretty much denying it up till a couple days/weeks before the launch.
Lying to your customers is never a good idea.

So at this point, they had done almost nothing to convince the "hardcore" gamers who were turned off by the reveal and E3 as to why they should get their console.
And those "hardcore" gamers are always the first adopters, the people who want to get that new console ASAP.
The casuals follow the "hardcore" gamers, because they ask their gamer friend which console to get and they look around and see that most people they know (the early adopters) have a PS4.

They have their loyal fanbase, which was willing to buy the console and which provided a nice amount of sales, though.

Add to all of that the important price difference, the paywall for otherwise free services, the inferior specs, the forced camera in a year that also had the NSA leaks and the complete mess that was their PR and you've got a recipe for a console that's obviously under performing sales wise.

Spot on. Its been a PR nightmare from day one. Stupid tweets like "deal with " or we still the 360 for people in Armed forces " as been shocking along with policies and then changing them but blaming the customer because they are not ready for MS vision.

Then the word of mouth that the Xbox is struggling with 1080p as been in the headlines and never gone away since launch. More expensive piece of hardware but less powerful than your rival is hard to sell, no matter what your selling.
#75chubbychaserPosted 5/6/2014 8:15:46 AM
Need to pay annual fee to use web browser and youtube is a huge joke by microsoft to gamer.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

its funny though.
---
aaaHAA!! X800 XT PE