I don't know why sales don't matter to Xbox fans, but the profit MS makes does?

#1PhaseBlackPosted 4/27/2014 10:27:08 AM
I have seen a lot of people here say that console sales are meaningless to them yet they went crazy over hearing that MS made 2 billion in revenue for some reason.

So why is it that "If you care about console sales, you aren't a gamer" but it's perfectly fine to go crazy about and celebrate the money that is made? O_o

Xbox fans should start caring about console sales. The more people who buy those consoles, the more developers and publishers will want to take advantage of all those consumers and make games for them. MS making a lot of money benefits themselves more than any Xbox One owners, while the more Xbox One owners there are, the more games will come to the platform.
---
PSVita & 3DS
#2kennyynnooPosted 4/27/2014 10:29:07 AM
Neither matter, I don't know why non owners come on here.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#3PorungaPosted 4/27/2014 10:31:06 AM
Rule #1 of fanboy arguments: It only doesn't matter when you are losing.

I guarantee you, if the situations were reversed the xbox base would be gloating about the higher sales, the better resolutions, the higher frame rates, etc. And the PS base would be saying those things don't matter.
#4Goregasm17Posted 4/27/2014 10:37:52 AM(edited)
No it doesn't, your information is false. None of this stuff matters to me, and it shouldn't matter to you or anyone else how much more money a multibillion dollar company is making. You're lying or just plain stupid if you say you do and not often stock trade.
#5HENTAIDOJIPosted 4/27/2014 10:36:56 AM
Attrition.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#6Semp1Posted 4/27/2014 10:37:32 AM
Sony is losing money by the boatload their sales mean nothing because every other dept they have is floundering. When was the last time some one bought a top end Vaio instead of a mac or other brand windows computer for less money or XBR TV instead of a samsung or Vizio (even though they're junk). They're doing terribly over all. Microsoft on the other hand is not. They have made wise business decisions unlike Sony in recent years. Profit means a lot because it shows their xbox line is a pure success.
---
XBONE+PS4=True Gamer.
#7spacejamjordanzPosted 4/27/2014 10:40:39 AM
Porunga posted...
Rule #1 of fanboy arguments: It only doesn't matter when you are losing.

I guarantee you, if the situations were reversed the xbox base would be gloating about the higher sales, the better resolutions, the higher frame rates, etc. And the PS base would be saying those things don't matter.

I agree. These things mattered last gen when the 360 consistently trounced the PS3 in these areas.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138