Funny thing is people think they know what they are talking about the "Cloud"

#41MrSpaM111Posted 4/28/2014 9:34:36 AM
crynryan posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
So explian to me how Destiny is going to work on the PS4 without the 'infinite power' of the cloud?

Same way any other MMO works? The only difference is that they'll use Bungie's (or Activision's) own servers to run the game.

Horridhal posted...
For Titanfall, please explain what you think the cloud is doing for the game and what it is affecting. I'll wait.

There are 6 players (each player being allowed a Titan that can roam around the map and shoot at stuff) and 12 bots per team. The server takes the input from all the players, calculates where they should be, and updates their positions and what they're doing accordingly. The server also determines what the bots are doing, which takes quite a bit more processing since for each bot they have to run path finding algorithms and other algorithms that determine what they should be doing.

If the game were to have let people host games on their console, the game would have to reserve a certain amount of processing time for everybody since at any point someone could become host. Whoever's console was host, would then need to process the input from 12 players (and up to 12 Titans), and the algorithms necessary for the bots to function. Which would mean 36 bots and 12 players. Doing that (and trying to make the game look as good as possible), would have required a much lower resolution, way fewer effects, worse AA solutions, and possibly smaller maps (with definitely lower resolution textures).

Maybe you forget (or have never seen) what these bots do behind the scenes. While they're not meant to really shoot at anything, they do interact with other bots and react to the pilot's presence when someone walks next to them. But if you're hellbent on proving the cloud does nothing, let's see you get a group of some of the best developers and see if you can create a Titanfall that can run solely on a single local console.

Doom had bots that that did exactly that in 1993
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#42InjusticeRebornPosted 4/28/2014 9:41:08 AM
crynryan posted...

Horridhal posted...
For Titanfall, please explain what you think the cloud is doing for the game and what it is affecting. I'll wait.

There are 6 players (each player being allowed a Titan that can roam around the map and shoot at stuff) and 12 bots per team. The server takes the input from all the players, calculates where they should be, and updates their positions and what they're doing accordingly. The server also determines what the bots are doing, which takes quite a bit more processing since for each bot they have to run path finding algorithms and other algorithms that determine what they should be doing.

If the game were to have let people host games on their console, the game would have to reserve a certain amount of processing time for everybody since at any point someone could become host. Whoever's console was host, would then need to process the input from 12 players (and up to 12 Titans), and the algorithms necessary for the bots to function. Which would mean 36 bots and 12 players. Doing that (and trying to make the game look as good as possible), would have required a much lower resolution, way fewer effects, worse AA solutions, and possibly smaller maps (with definitely lower resolution textures).

Maybe you forget (or have never seen) what these bots do behind the scenes. While they're not meant to really shoot at anything, they do interact with other bots and react to the pilot's presence when someone walks next to them. But if you're hellbent on proving the cloud does nothing, let's see you get a group of some of the best developers and see if you can create a Titanfall that can run solely on a single local console.

Oh no he didn't!
---
10/03/14-11/03/14 - the day GameFAQs turned into the Dead Sea of the internet.
#43HorridhalPosted 4/28/2014 11:48:46 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
crynryan posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
So explian to me how Destiny is going to work on the PS4 without the 'infinite power' of the cloud?

Same way any other MMO works? The only difference is that they'll use Bungie's (or Activision's) own servers to run the game.

Horridhal posted...

Pretty much this. In fact this has been a pretty standard A.I. in games for a while.

The cloud isn't taking the full load of the bot AI either. Your entire argument is invalidated by the simple fact that other consoles already do this without offloading resources.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#44leatheljPosted 4/28/2014 12:30:21 PM
Hate hate hate hate hate sales hate hate hate hate specs hate hate hate hate praise sony hate hate hate hate hate trolling trolling trolls= this board. Serously that's all you get from this board these days.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#45blacklabelicePosted 4/28/2014 1:02:56 PM
BrownGotti posted...
I think the whole MS cloud computing will work like Netflix. Before you play, the game will detect your internet speed. And based on the speed of your connection, that will determine what visuals are outputted.

No Connection to the Internet - 720P - 60FPS
Slowest - 900P - 30FPS
Medium - 900P - 60FPS
Fast connection - 1080P - 30FPS
Fastest connection - 1080P - 60FPS

so basically what you are saying is the power of the cloud is going to actually make up for the lack of power, and be able to determine resolutions.

hey look everybody. its now possible to render your game at 1080p 60 fps rather than 720p 30fps all because of your broadband internet connections.

despite rendering at 68 gigabytes a second, if the xbones gpu may not be able to run the game at an optimal resolution and frame rate, but plug a 2 megabyte per second internet connection in front of it and watch in amazement!

lolzers i dont see why people buy into this crap. the only thing kinect will do for certain is add latency to your game, and make sure you are connected to the internet at all times to play your video games. thats it. period. oh yeah and maybe help with some matchmaking and cpu AI, and whatever other minor thing that the xbone generally should have been able to do on its own, while your single player game starts to lag out.

its not going to be the difference maker in terms of performance, framerates, and resolutions. anybody who believes that has either gotta be the biggest fanboy in existance, or a total idiot.

the fact that the system needs to rely on a broadband internet connection just to squeeze the smallest drops of power from it any way it can really goes to show you just how powerful the xbox one really is. that speaks for itself.

i dont know why people buy into this crap.
#46OUberLordPosted 4/28/2014 1:16:57 PM
Horridhal posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
crynryan posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...

Horridhal posted...

Pretty much this. In fact this has been a pretty standard A.I. in games for a while.

The cloud isn't taking the full load of the bot AI either. Your entire argument is invalidated by the simple fact that other consoles already do this without offloading resources.

In all fairness as a counterpoint, which game(s) and on what console(s)?
#47mokmuudPosted 4/28/2014 1:30:07 PM
Virobot posted...
BrownGotti posted...
I think the whole MS cloud computing will work like Netflix. Before you play, the game will detect your internet speed. And based on the speed of your connection, that will determine what visuals are outputted.

No Connection to the Internet - 720P - 60FPS
Slowest - 900P - 30FPS
Medium - 900P - 60FPS
Fast connection - 1080P - 30FPS
Fastest connection - 1080P - 60FPS

Lol. Now THAT is the funniest thing I've read in a long time. Gotta take a screenshot! Smile everyone!

That's streaming(like PS Now). Not cloud computing which is what MS has been talking about.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539