Man the kinect is starting to feel like a punishment.

#1bridog346Posted 4/27/2014 1:37:01 PM
Damn thing only seems to work by accident.
---
Aim for the head, that's where the pudding is
#2Laylow12Posted 4/27/2014 1:51:16 PM
The $99 Amazon Fire TV is far more accurate according to IGN and every other news source that's reviewed them both. Makes you wonder why they want that camera and microphone set up in every house so badly to go against what the customers want, the reviews indicate and the general bad image of the whole thing is.

It's like they've found a way to make money off of KINECT 2.0 data and are putting that above all else...

Oh wait, NuAds

http://adage.com/article/special-report-ana-annual-meeting-2013/xbox-reshape-marketing/244605/

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#3HappyBullPosted 4/27/2014 1:56:02 PM
Game consoles should probably stick to doing what they do best.

Cameras aren't games Microsoft.
---
"thats why i didnt get xbone. i would like to beat my meat without people spying on me." - RJones416
#4TenzhiPosted 4/27/2014 2:13:33 PM
@Laylow:

Yeah, they want it set up in every home so badly that you can just unplug it and not use it at all.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#5Jx1010Posted 4/27/2014 2:15:57 PM
Laylow12 posted...
The $99 Amazon Fire TV is far more accurate according to IGN and every other news source that's reviewed them both. Makes you wonder why they want that camera and microphone set up in every house so badly to go against what the customers want, the reviews indicate and the general bad image of the whole thing is.

It's like they've found a way to make money off of KINECT 2.0 data and are putting that above all else...

Oh wait, NuAds

http://adage.com/article/special-report-ana-annual-meeting-2013/xbox-reshape-marketing/244605/

lol wow
#6Laylow12Posted 4/27/2014 2:18:48 PM
Tenzhi posted...
@Laylow:

Yeah, they want it set up in every home so badly that you can just unplug it and not use it at all.

Did you forget about the time it was a mandatory thing? How hard did they dig their heels in at it? Also, the entire UI is designed around KINECT 2.0

They still FORCE you to buy it and at the risk of of you not plugging it in, they will get their fair share of people that do so and that's why the huge focus on TV! They need to get your expressions to everything you do in the living room as outlined in the speech Medhi Yusef gave at the Advertising Convetion!

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#7PorungaPosted 4/27/2014 2:19:28 PM
Tenzhi posted...
@Laylow:

To be fair, it wasn't originally that way. The kinect was originally required to be plugged in to even turn the system on. MS is just counting on people plugging in he kinect and leaving it that way.. and people do.
#8CaptainKickass_Posted 4/27/2014 2:19:36 PM
Tenzhi posted...
@Laylow:

You seem to forget it took a massive backlash to get them to allow that.
---
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. --Terry Pratchett
#9axelfooley2k5Posted 4/27/2014 2:28:47 PM
nuads is a taboo topic here

but i have read countless articles before and after release and none of them paint a positive picture of it.

i know it is brought up a lot to troll
but i think instead of using it as troll bait it should be focused on as a real topic.

blah whatever
lets ignore nuads like it is just here to stay and just accept microsofts policy regarding it......
---
Sergeant Harrison Yates
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv62bDzeWKQ
#10chubbychaserPosted 4/27/2014 3:34:09 PM
Laylow12 posted...

Oh wait, NuAds

They probably have made some sort of deal to collect living room spatial information or mining for database of people faces in 3D using kinect. Xbone were suppose to be in every house around the world. Too bad people already aware of spycam rumours.
---
aaaHAA!! X800 XT PE