so it looks like the future is this...

#31Homie_202Posted 4/27/2014 8:13:05 PM
The day gaming goes all cloud and streaming is the day I and probably many other stop playing games.
#32CaIiber345Posted 4/27/2014 8:17:35 PM
I hope that sensible gamers continue to vote with their wallets and consume physical media, keeping it alive over an unreliable and inadequate Internet infrastructure.
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, Destiny, Rogue Legacy, The Witness
#33Homie_202Posted 4/27/2014 8:21:23 PM
CaIiber345 posted...
I hope that sensible gamers continue to vote with their wallets and consume physical media, keeping it alive over an unreliable and inadequate Internet infrastructure.

This. The reason I don't think games as a physical media are going anywhere anytime soon is because of the internet. There are still a lot of areas that don't have reliable internet or have an internet cap. Take someone like me for example in my area internet providers are trying to push for a data cap. I usually buy about 4 games a month. Well if I have an internet cap I'm probably going to only buy 1 a month. Overall they are going to make less money. Which is why I was surprised when MS even had the always online in place. But at least they still had physical media.
#34Bellum_SacrumPosted 4/27/2014 8:56:45 PM(edited)
squarex8264 posted...
That's not exactly what I took the article to say...

Sony is just saying that they feel the future in gaming is going to be through cloud services. This isn't too surprising since Microsoft has been saying this as well since last year E3. At least now that Sony is onboard with the vision, most of the trolls on this board won't be lambasting Microsoft for the notion of gaming as a service :)

Sony announced their cloud computing service during the PS4 "reveal" on February, like half a year earlier that Microsoft started talking about a "cloud" they new nothing about.

I'd go play casual fps games and stay off internet forums if I were you.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#35VoidBeyondPosted 4/27/2014 8:56:19 PM
U_WOT_M8 posted...
Another one of these Xbot circle jerk topics. Take some dumb information on the PS4, spin it, and start celebrating as if it's already a fact.

And you kids wonder why your board gets trolled...

The same could be said for all negative information about the X1 with Sony fanboys, it goes both way ya ignorant dude
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//
#36KyoReiseTaisenPosted 4/27/2014 9:00:48 PM
Homie_202 posted...
CaIiber345 posted...

This. The reason I don't think games as a physical media are going anywhere anytime soon is because of the internet. There are still a lot of areas that don't have reliable internet or have an internet cap. Take someone like me for example in my area internet providers are trying to push for a data cap. I usually buy about 4 games a month. Well if I have an internet cap I'm probably going to only buy 1 a month. Overall they are going to make less money. Which is why I was surprised when MS even had the always online in place. But at least they still had physical media.
#37U_WOT_M8Posted 4/27/2014 10:30:31 PM
VoidBeyond posted...
U_WOT_M8 posted...
Another one of these Xbot circle jerk topics. Take some dumb information on the PS4, spin it, and start celebrating as if it's already a fact.

And you kids wonder why your board gets trolled...

The same could be said for all negative information about the X1 with Sony fanboys, it goes both way ya ignorant dude

Well sure it could... if it were happening. But I'm sure you're aware that hentaidoji is the gamefaqs queen of spreading lies and misinformation. Not only that, but once someone comes in and gives factual information, such as how the PS4 is outselling the Xbox One by roughly 3 million, or having any sort of different opinion in the least, that person is labeled a sony fanboy. That's really how the Xbox One board works. Plus all of the nonsense like: "PS4 has no gaems" "Sony gonna die cus bankrupt" "dis is sonys last console evar"

Incidentally, a lot of the negative information about the Xbox One is true. As negative as it may be, there are really no lies or misinformation that need be spread. Right now, the console is facing some trouble. That much is indisputable.
#38aj4x94Posted 4/27/2014 10:35:30 PM
The future is black.

Eff streaming and a digital only generation. Physical disks for the win.
---
Playing: Skyrim, Half Life 2, Dark Souls 1&2, Lords of Shadow, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, GTA V.
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#39U_WOT_M8Posted 4/27/2014 10:37:05 PM
So let me get this straight...

"Fool.com" is a good source because it shares negative information about Sony, but when it shared negative information about the Xbox One and Microsoft, it was an unrealiable and a laughable source. Man, will you guys ever stop flip-flopping?

Sony also said the Playstation 4 is not their last console. That was said months ago. If this was confirmed to be true, it would be all over the internet by now. But nope, yet again more irrational and un-thought-out anti-sony posts by the Xbots
#40BushidoEffect3Posted 4/27/2014 10:47:28 PM
U_WOT_M8 posted...
So let me get this straight...

"Fool.com" is a good source because it shares negative information about Sony, but when it shared negative information about the Xbox One and Microsoft, it was an unrealiable and a laughable source. Man, will you guys ever stop flip-flopping?

LOL THIS.

I still have the bookmarks. these articles were posted long ago. and the fanboys got so upset.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/02/19/microsoft-corporations-xbox-one-is-selling-so-poor.aspx

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2013/11/24/microsoft-wasnt-ready-for-the-xbox-one-disaster.aspx

the topic
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/67926139
---
http://i.minus.com/ibgMA0LFIXHWnz.gif