Xbox One is actually doing well

#11GambitbuzzkillPosted 4/27/2014 8:44:53 PM
Man this E3 is going to be a heavy weight fight and I'm going to enjoy every second of it.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#12ShadowNinja87Posted 4/27/2014 8:53:30 PM
The X1 is doing okay. But I mean when MS isn't releasing sales numbers and only shipped numbers it doesn't look good. Also, when the completion has a 2-3 million lead on you, it's bad news for X1 online community for multiplayer games as it means lower player counts for games like Watchdogs etc.
#13quincy2000aPosted 4/27/2014 8:58:36 PM
a different opinion...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/04/25/microsofts-xbox-one-sold-just-1-2m-units-to-retailers-in-q3-dips-below-xbox-360-rate/

"Thatís true, to a point. The Xbox One is outselling the Xbox 360 right now, with 5 million shipped compared to 3.2 million shipped over the same period for each console. But that said, this new 1.2M Q3 number now actually puts the Xbox One below the pace of the 360, at least for the quarter. The 360 sold 1.7M units to retailers in Q3 after launch in 2006, while the Xbox One is rather far behind at 1.2M. The One is still ahead overall, but that could change in time if a disparity like this continues to exist, or worse, grows."
---
http://www.thehdstandard.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/720p-vs-1080p.png
And, yes, I visit Eurogamer's Digital Foundry for X1/PS4 comparisons.
#14Cowboy082288Posted 4/27/2014 9:13:58 PM
The problem with that is that they are taking a few months of data and trying to extrapolate years worth of sales from it. The PS3 slightly closed the gap some in the month of march against the PS4. It would be silly to take that 1 month trend and assume it will stay that way for the next 5 years and declare 'PS4 doomed'.

Bottom line is the X1 is currently the 3rd fastest selling console. The PS4 is the fastest selling console. Both are doing well but the PS4 is doing better.

The Wii U is a different story. We have over a years worth of sales data and it does not look good. The PS Vita is probably in even worse shape right now than the Wii U, it is really struggling.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#15newbie2007Posted 4/27/2014 9:19:12 PM
Initially, the XB1 sold wells due to its fanbase and the scarcity of PS4. But the current selling rate, after all the MS hardcore fans have purchased an XB1, and better PS4 availability, is definitely a reason for concern. The fact that XB1 production is frozen for sometime is not a good sign.
#16HiddenRoarPosted 4/27/2014 9:21:38 PM
Cowboy082288 posted...
The problem with that is that they are taking a few months of data and trying to extrapolate years worth of sales from it. The PS3 slightly closed the gap some in the month of march against the PS4. It would be silly to take that 1 month trend and assume it will stay that way for the next 5 years and declare 'PS4 doomed'.

Bottom line is the X1 is currently the 3rd fastest selling console. The PS4 is the fastest selling console. Both are doing well but the PS4 is doing better.

The Wii U is a different story. We have over a years worth of sales data and it does not look good. The PS Vita is probably in even worse shape right now than the Wii U, it is really struggling.

Then why stop production?
#17Cowboy082288Posted 4/27/2014 9:24:40 PM(edited)
newbie2007 posted...
Initially, the XB1 sold wells due to its fanbase and the scarcity of PS4. But the current selling rate, after all the MS hardcore fans have purchased an XB1, and better PS4 availability, is definitely a reason for concern. The fact that XB1 production is frozen for sometime is not a good sign.

This is what happens when you get your news from gamefaqs or daily web articles. A quarterly report that hardly talked about the X1 at all but did say production MAY slow down or stop. Has turned into "FACT: X1 production is frozen for sometime."
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#18AwayFromHerePosted 4/27/2014 11:14:39 PM(edited)
I really wish people would stop saying games look good based on teasers and vertical slices. Has every one forgotten Aliens Colonial Marines?
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#19newbie2007Posted 4/27/2014 11:21:12 PM
Cowboy082288 posted...
newbie2007 posted...

This is what happens when you get your news from gamefaqs or daily web articles. A quarterly report that hardly talked about the X1 at all but did say production MAY slow down or stop. Has turned into "FACT: X1 production is frozen for sometime."

You are playing with words. I'm not. Whatever careful words you choose, the truth is still that MS has significant inventory piling up, and that's not good.
#20CombaticusXY(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 1:33:58 AM
After E3 i'm sure sales will boost for both consoles, I'm definitely hyped to see whats in store for this and next year
---
Team SPFC: Nova/Trish/Doom...It's On now!!
PSN/Xboxlive: CombaticusXY