Xbox One is actually doing well

#31CombaticusXY(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 5:27:20 AM
Are you guys here to be constructive or just bash on people's choices and opinions? I get that you're not fans of the product.. but really? you came here with that wall of text to try and shut down an overall neutral discussion
---
Team SPFC: Nova/Trish/Doom...It's On now!!
PSN/Xboxlive: CombaticusXY
#32Cowboy082288Posted 4/28/2014 5:34:19 AM
CombaticusXY posted...
Are you guys here to be constructive or just bash on people's choices and opinions? I get that you're not fans of the product.. but really? you came here with that wall of text to try and shut down an overall neutral discussion

I actually wonder how many on this board hyping up the PS4 and bashing the X1 actually own a PS4. I mean when I buy a new toy that I'm excited about I don't think 'hey I'll go hang around the board of a competing product'. I would go to the board of the product I own.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#33chrish909Posted 4/28/2014 5:57:10 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#34AceviperPosted 4/28/2014 6:21:52 AM
actually, its not doing very well

The last financial statement they gave had the division losing a significant amount of gross margin YoY that was attributed to the XBone
---
If gameshark wasn't invented... games wont be as popular anymore
-Someone
#35kcypher2000Posted 4/28/2014 6:48:59 AM
What i find funny is that people ignore the ps5 is in 55 countries. You cant compare 7m to 4m. You can compare the US numbers in whch case the ps4 is doing better but considering its cheaper it should be selling more.

Wait till we see sonys financials soon and lets see if the ps division is making money since the xbox division made 800m in profit.
#36CombaticusXY(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 9:56:27 AM
Aceviper posted...
actually, its not doing very well

The last financial statement they gave had the division losing a significant amount of gross margin YoY that was attributed to the XBone

What are you aiming at?
---
Team SPFC: Nova/Trish/Doom...It's On now!!
PSN/Xboxlive: CombaticusXY
#37Kocano26Posted 4/28/2014 10:06:19 AM
kcypher2000 posted...
What i find funny is that people ignore the ps5 is in 55 countries. You cant compare 7m to 4m. You can compare the US numbers in whch case the ps4 is doing better but considering its cheaper it should be selling more.

Wait till we see sonys financials soon and lets see if the ps division is making money since the xbox division made 800m in profit.

Yes more countries and a week head start as well? But they will say in the countries they are selling in x1 and ps4 is selling more but it's not that big a difference. It's when you add the other countries where x1 had nothing it increases more. Not to mention the ps4's 1 week head start.

I think if xbox came out a week early they would be dead even at the moment. Anyone who disagrees cannot be serious the amount of people who wanted a next gen console just bought it for the sake of having one and since ps4 was out first they flocked too that.
---
Kocano Wins!
#38jasomramirez666Posted 4/28/2014 10:08:36 AM
xacebop posted...
Its doing well. PlayStation is just doing much better. Seeing how they're rivals most people take from this it is not doing well enough.

In a competition of 20 competitors... Being 2nd is a good thing.

But in a competition of 2 competitors... You either Win or Lose.
#39regsantotomasPosted 4/28/2014 10:14:57 AM
PS4 is doing significantly better than Xbox One. That doesn't mean Xbox One isn't doing well.

That being said, if the trend continues long term, it could have an effect with regards to how 3rd party developers invest their time and money on the Xbox One platform.

Other factors come in to play like software sales on a given platform.

Either way, it's not a fatalistic situation for the Xbox One but it's position in the market can not be ignored either.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#40Kocano26Posted 4/28/2014 10:18:47 AM
jasomramirez666 posted...
xacebop posted...
Its doing well. PlayStation is just doing much better. Seeing how they're rivals most people take from this it is not doing well enough.

In a competition of 20 competitors... Being 2nd is a good thing.

But in a competition of 2 competitors... You either Win or Lose.

Yes because this is the superbowl right win or go home? So if sony win's the first 6 months then all xbox subscribers change to sony since xbox is done now right?
---
Kocano Wins!