Xbox One is actually doing well

#41RybalPosted 4/28/2014 10:58:03 AM
If your brother earned $7 million last year, would you be a loser if you only made $4.2M?

I'd say you're still doing well.
---
I HATE seeing incorrect information, regardless of whether it is my preferred system.
PSN: Rybal_81
#42CombaticusXY(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 12:07:51 PM
These guys Pony's or otherwise sure know how to sour an otherwise constructive thread, so lets change the subject. Has anyone attempted to set up their media streaming with their Xbox One or PS4? and if so was it easier than 360 and PS3?
---
Team SPFC: Nova/Trish/Doom...It's On now!!
PSN/Xboxlive: CombaticusXY
#43AceviperPosted 4/28/2014 12:34:08 PM
CombaticusXY posted...
Aceviper posted...
actually, its not doing very well

The last financial statement they gave had the division losing a significant amount of gross margin YoY that was attributed to the XBone

What are you aiming at?

providing the truth

when everything else in the division exceeded expectations according to microsoft

and you had a massive loss of gross margin YoY with the main reason being the XBone

That means it was most likely losing a lot of money to bring down the whole division
---
If gameshark wasn't invented... games wont be as popular anymore
-Someone
#44Shinobi120Posted 4/28/2014 12:34:56 PM
People need to let those launch months of November & December go.
#45CombaticusXY(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 4:31:27 PM
Aceviper posted...
CombaticusXY posted...
Aceviper posted...
actually, its not doing very well

The last financial statement they gave had the division losing a significant amount of gross margin YoY that was attributed to the XBone

What are you aiming at?

providing the truth

when everything else in the division exceeded expectations according to microsoft

and you had a massive loss of gross margin YoY with the main reason being the XBone

That means it was most likely losing a lot of money to bring down the whole division

Why do i find it hard to believe you? I'm all about impartial objectivity.. but you are clearly here to derail and spread negativity. I don't care about sales.. only what the product has to offer that appeals to me.. now stop being an A-hole and talk to me about some interesting games (IP or sequel/prequel) that may have slipped past my radar
---
#46spacejamjordanzPosted 4/28/2014 5:13:30 PM(edited)
Kocano26 posted...
Yes more countries and a week head start as well? But they will say in the countries they are selling in x1 and ps4 is selling more but it's not that big a difference. It's when you add the other countries where x1 had nothing it increases more. Not to mention the ps4's 1 week head start.

Initial sales are mainly for the ones who already committed to the purchase in advance(preorders). The one in the US week is moot, because both consoles sold out at launch. Microsoft did a far better job than Sony at holiday stocking, and the XB1 outselling the PS4 in December is proof of that. Are you aware that PS4 launched a week behind the XB1 in Europe? Also the PS4 has sold more units to date where both are available in Europe. So the one week difference either way is highly irrelevant/moot.

I think if xbox came out a week early they would be dead even at the moment. Anyone who disagrees cannot be serious the amount of people who wanted a next gen console just bought it for the sake of having one and since ps4 was out first they flocked too that.

No...... Even if the Xbox One had launched a week before the PS4 in the US we would be looking at similar numbers. The demand is for the PS4 is higher, and Sony has sold more units than Microsoft has shipped to date. Gamers will buy the console they want. If they want an Xbox, then they will buy an Xbox. If they want a PlayStation, then they will buy a PlayStation. If they want both, then they will buy both. Xbox One is still selling well. It's outpacing it's predecessor by a considerable margin. The only reason people perceive it as "bad" is just in comparison to it's direct competitor, but for you... a bad argument is just bad.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#47CombaticusXY(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 5:24:40 PM
spacejamjordanz posted...
Kocano26 posted...
Yes more countries and a week head start as well? But they will say in the countries they are selling in x1 and ps4 is selling more but it's not that big a difference. It's when you add the other countries where x1 had nothing it increases more. Not to mention the ps4's 1 week head start.

Initial sales are mainly for the ones who already committed to the purchase in advance(preorders). The one in the US week is moot, because both consoles sold out at launch. Microsoft did a far better job than Sony at holiday stocking, and the XB1 outselling the PS4 in December is proof of that. Are you aware that PS4 launched a week behind the XB1 in Europe? Also the PS4 has sold more units to date where both are available in Europe. So the one week difference either way is highly irrelevant/moot.

I think if xbox came out a week early they would be dead even at the moment. Anyone who disagrees cannot be serious the amount of people who wanted a next gen console just bought it for the sake of having one and since ps4 was out first they flocked too that.

No...... Even if the Xbox One had launched a week before the PS4 in the US we would be looking at similar numbers. The demand is for the PS4 is higher, and Sony has sold more units than Microsoft has shipped to date. Gamers will buy the console they want. If they want an Xbox, then they will buy an Xbox. If they want a PlayStation, then they will buy a PlayStation. If they want both, then they will buy both. Xbox One is still selling well. It's outpacing it's predecessor by a considerable margin. The only reason people perceive it as "bad" is just in comparison to it's direct competitor, but for you... a bad argument is just bad.

It's like they come here to troll and then when they get called out on it they say "LOL YOU NEED REASSURANCE 4 YOUR PURCHASE".. these Pony's are getting desperate. If they are indicative of the PS4 base i might pass on it all together.. i want both though
---
#48jasomramirez666Posted 4/28/2014 5:34:12 PM
Kocano26 posted...
jasomramirez666 posted...
xacebop posted...
Its doing well. PlayStation is just doing much better. Seeing how they're rivals most people take from this it is not doing well enough.

In a competition of 20 competitors... Being 2nd is a good thing.

But in a competition of 2 competitors... You either Win or Lose.

Yes because this is the superbowl right win or go home? So if sony win's the first 6 months then all xbox subscribers change to sony since xbox is done now right?

Its like the superbowl since 2 competing teams bring their best game... Who ever scores higher wins. In this case the score means the number of units sold.

Sony won the 2013 - early 2014 season.

That does not mean MS won't fight the next year. A losing superbowl team does not just quit and dissapear.
#49jasomramirez666Posted 4/28/2014 5:36:54 PM
Rybal posted...
If your brother earned $7 million last year, would you be a loser if you only made $4.2M?

I'd say you're still doing well.

That is true. But if making money were a competition (like the PS4 and XB1), he clearly won and you lost.
#50DarkAdonis123Posted 4/28/2014 5:43:32 PM
It's selling, just not as good as it's competitor. And with inferior hardware with a higher price tag, that's likely how it's gonna stay.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue