The "Don't like it, don't buy it" attitude towards add-ons in games is stupid...

#1Jedi454Posted 4/28/2014 3:27:08 AM
2001: "Don't like paying for expansion packs, don't buy it."

2008: "Don't like paying for DLC, don't buy it."

2011: "Don't like paying for microtransactions, don't buy it."

2014: "Don't like paying for demos, don't buy it."

201?: "Don't like paying for on-disc content, don't buy it."

Am I right? Gamers can be quite ridiculous with this kind of mentality in my opinion. If everybody stood up and said "This is getting out of control." Season passes would probably not exist and less DLC would surface, except for higher quality DLC. Microtransactions would be dead if people didn't pay for them and games would be taken back to the 90's, where they were just made for a creative vision.

EA$ are a prime example of taking advantage of the consumers and people have blindly accepted these practices.
---
[Force Persuade] That is not an opinion, you are just a troll with no life.
#2GamerRafPosted 4/28/2014 3:37:57 AM
tl;dr

Don't buy it then.
---
"Lets release a console with no games and no marketing." -Satoru Iwata, 2012
#3userfrigginamePosted 4/28/2014 3:50:08 AM
Sooo, what you're saying is don't buy it?
#4chedibang1994Posted 4/28/2014 3:50:59 AM
Don't like it don't buy it?
---
My blade will tear you limb from limb, my eyes aren't as cold as my glare, my heart is black as my metal, I am fulgore mark 3, prepare yourself for devastation
#5Rainy_David1Posted 4/28/2014 3:59:11 AM
"Don't like it, don't buy it" is a phrase constantly used to defend Kinect being bundled with the Xbox One. You making this topic is pretty hypocritical.
#6twinstarnumber1Posted 4/28/2014 4:01:07 AM
Sure, everybody take a stand based on your opinion. Okay, any other items on your wish list fantasy world? In my fantasy world people don't make constant posts whining about things they can't change. Looks like neither one of us will get what they want.
---
XBL Gamertag: mydarkstar --- PSN: mydarkstar
#7deadmarvPosted 4/28/2014 4:06:57 AM
One of the few things I agree with you on Jedi.
---
4/6/14 = The day I joined the current gaming generation.
#8Tyronelio1Posted 4/28/2014 4:28:52 AM
No I think it's a sound argument.

Aslong as it doesn't effect my game experience (or put on disc content behind a capcom paywall) then the simple if you don't like the dlc they are putting out, then don't buy it.

And if no one wants it, then no one buys it and it goes away or the quality increases ala ghosts map packs/freedom cry/burial at sea.

What I can't stand and wont buy a game a full retail earning the publisher money because of locked on disc content that I have to pay for.

Red faction did it right. (Locked content behind a code that every new copy got and those who bought used had to pay for it)

But straight capcom style of locking characters and attired behind paywalls is rediculous or even Bethesda with the whole taking something out of the game to release later as dlc is anti consumer at its finest, hell the mighty dark souls had locked on disc content that you couldn't access unless you bought the rest of the dlc or got a friend to face it to you that had the dlc.

There is also nothing wrong with micro transactions in single player games, sometimes some people don't have the time to slog through a game and would rather unlock everything straight away, but they have no place in multiplayer games if it means that a player has an advantage over other players. (Battlefield 4 at its micro transactions that unlock weapons for you).

Soz if my opinion annoyed anyone, just opinion guys.
---
Welcome to Sonyfaqs.com.
Currently playing: FF: 13-3, NBA 2K13, Lego: Batman/LotR, The Sims 3: Pets, Hitman HD Trilogy and LotR: War in the North.
#9nableetPosted 4/28/2014 4:38:25 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...

hell the mighty dark souls had locked on disc content that you couldn't access unless you bought the rest of the dlc or got a friend to face it to you that had the dlc.

What?
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#10RS_YELARAKAPosted 4/28/2014 4:40:06 AM
I think the don't like/want it don't buy it argument is LEGIT.

Would you rather go back 10 years and have games you love get no support after release? Companies need extra ways to make money these days in the gaming world. This is one way. Those that want their game supported and new stuff can buy it. Those that are ignorant and think it should be free can go cry about it on forums ;)
---
GT - YELARAKA (Member of RS Squad)
2DS FC - Coming Soon