The "Don't like it, don't buy it" attitude towards add-ons in games is stupid...

#11Tyronelio1Posted 4/28/2014 4:41:03 AM
nableet posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

hell the mighty dark souls had locked on disc content that you couldn't access unless you bought the rest of the dlc or got a friend to face it to you that had the dlc.

What?

All of the weapons were already in the game apart from a few and same with the items from the dlc, hence how anyone can use it if given to them by a summoned friend that drops it.
---
Welcome to Sonyfaqs.com.
Currently playing: FF: 13-3, NBA 2K13, Lego: Batman/LotR, The Sims 3: Pets, Hitman HD Trilogy and LotR: War in the North.
#12daniel79Posted 4/28/2014 4:49:21 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
nableet posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

hell the mighty dark souls had locked on disc content that you couldn't access unless you bought the rest of the dlc or got a friend to face it to you that had the dlc.

What?

All of the weapons were already in the game apart from a few and same with the items from the dlc, hence how anyone can use it if given to them by a summoned friend that drops it.

I thought that was in a patch..

The ps3 version had you download a 'patch' but in reality it was the 'expansion' included in it. When you buy that expansion, from the store it only gives you a 100 kb file to 'Unlock' the expansion (that was included in the patch)

Hence why people already had the weapons.
#13Tyronelio1Posted 4/28/2014 4:56:42 AM
Nah they had intentions for it to be part of the main game but didn't get it finished in time hence why the patch was only 300mb if I remember ? Give or take.

On the 360 we got a update that let vs people with dlc and use the weapons but we still had to buy the dlc which was around 375mb to play it.
---
Welcome to Sonyfaqs.com.
Currently playing: FF: 13-3, NBA 2K13, Lego: Batman/LotR, The Sims 3: Pets, Hitman HD Trilogy and LotR: War in the North.
#14Jiggy101011Posted 4/28/2014 5:13:40 AM
GamerRaf posted...
tl;dr

Don't buy it then.

That was too long for you to not read? Wow....
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Beyond: Two Souls, Skyrim, Titanfall
#15IgOr2099Posted 4/28/2014 5:23:06 AM
I agree completely with you Jedi, put your money were you mouth is. what I also think is that consumers have.

I like DLC, from ok, to excellent DLC I pay for, micro transactions a will never get my money, I don't care how long it takes me to beat a level in Candy Crush, I will not pay.

that being said the argument for people to stop paying for crap DLC, or on disc DLC by not paying for it is over. The People still pay for it.

the argument was "don't like it, don't buy it" then the majority bought it, that says to me they like it.
it's not leaving, and it's sad but after 7 years of console DLC and at least 5 years of micro tranny's and it's only gotten stronger, maybe we should just do right by ourselves and let others pay for what they want.
---
I'd rather be a Smart-ass than a Dumb-ass
#16Rancid_SkankPosted 4/28/2014 5:23:44 AM
How is this attitude any better than the one that you are decrying?

I regularly buy season passes, DLC, pay for Microtransactions, and even in some cases 'buy' on disc content (yes, I paid for those SFIV costumes and the extra characters in MvC3).

You say I'm blindly accepting these practices, I say I had a great time last gen and enjoyed certain games enough to snap up anything related to them on the marketplace.

In my opinion, all these things are no worse than 'Collectors Editions' or 'Legendary Editions' that arrive on day one of a game release - you're still paying more for stuff that was ready for the vanilla launch and wasn't included, just in a different format. Some people like to have the choice of getting these things, over not having them at all.

This just comes across as a fairly childish argument. Some people will like the choice additional content offers, some won't. Who are you to say whether one group is right or not?
---
GT: RancidSkank
PSN: Rancid_UK
#17CrysianiaPosted 4/28/2014 5:25:03 AM
Jedi454 posted...
Microtransactions would be dead if people didn't pay for them and games would be taken back to the 90's, where they were just made for a creative vision..

So what you basically said is..... if you dont like it dont buy it......
#18Padraigo52Posted 4/28/2014 5:29:46 AM
So you'd rather no additional content after release?

Wish these people would get off their morale crusading high horses. I have to keep reminding myself that people like you are the vocal minority.
#19Megaman OmegaPosted 4/28/2014 5:45:37 AM
I wish it were like it was 20 years ago when you just buy the game and have the game. The "Ultimate Edition". No DLC scams, no over-reliance on online multiplayer modes, no installs, no horribly bugged releases solely because they are able to make patches. Just one cartridge with the entire game and its saves on it.

But yeah, it looks like people don't like that, so enjoy having companies like EA spend half their time thinking of new ways to scam people with DLC.

Rancid_Skank posted...
In my opinion, all these things are no worse than 'Collectors Editions' or 'Legendary Editions' that arrive on day one of a game release - you're still paying more for stuff that was ready for the vanilla launch and wasn't included, just in a different format.

There's no problem with a CE if it's just some extra merchandise. If there's extra content or DLC with it, then that sucks, however. My opinion is that people should just be able to go and buy the complete, full game without having to separately buy DLC and chase after merchandise that is jut used to hold more DLC hostage.
---
LOL at all the whiners and trolls. They know Vita tv and new model will kill all competition. Festering wounds for the Nintendrones by the gallons. - karissa1
#20malus288Posted 4/28/2014 5:48:19 AM
One of the few Jedi threads I agree with. Its pretty ridiculous how some people are quick to accept ridiculous stuff.