The "Don't like it, don't buy it" attitude towards add-ons in games is stupid...

#181Robin_MaskPosted 5/1/2014 9:08:26 AM(edited)
regsantotomas posted...
Yep. BTW, did you notice that they are already plugging the Watch Dogs season pass now. I had to laugh a bit. Despite being interested in this title, I have no idea who these characters are and why I would care about these upgrades 1 month before release.

It's Ubisoft, one of the worst companies in my opinion. Just making as many AC games before it really goes downhill and making gimmicks to sell. Not to forget the graphics downgrade, straight out lying to the consumer.

Are there any details on what the season pass even gets you? All those "upgrades" can easily be beaten by the first few levels like always, same reason I never liked those things for those games.

I never cared for the game, once they said "DURR IT WILL BEAT GTA V" I lost all respect for the developers. It's one thing to compete, but to trash talk one of the biggest franchises in the genre and gaming to get more attention? They're being kids.
---
Please help support this great game! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#182-Oath-Posted 5/1/2014 9:10:36 AM
Don't like it, don't play it. Better?
---
3DS FC: JMO 0834-1793-8249
#183Sega9599Posted 5/4/2014 10:38:07 AM
Nairodmatic posted...

Games came with manuals. Now they don't. How much of the savings were passed down?

A full game can be purchased digitally. How much money is saved by cutting out the middle men from not selling it on disk? Digital is still 60 just like the physical counterpart. Will the main content be next?

Technically when you are buying digital, you support the developers a LOT more than when you buy second hand. Truth. That's GOOD, it doesn't mean they should charge about $15 for a brand new AAA game because there is no resale value or case to consider.

And let's not forget games cost around what, $60 at most these days? N64 games cost that much. The price hasn't really increased that much, but we expect a LOT more from our games. Making a game with NEs graphics and limitations and then charging $50 for it won't work. It costs to develop. You'd hope game sales would go up, and they have....but not exponentially so for all games. It's like OOT sold what, 5 million when it was first released? Skyward Sword sold about the same.

You'd hope that most retail games released would sell for over a million regardless of quality, while the better ones sell over 10 million easily. You'd hope they ALL sell just like even in the old days horrific games like Jaws for the NES still moved at least 5,000 copies, and now with more games on more consoles, you'd hope they'd sell even more and support the market as a WHOLE.

But no, only the most popular sell, as is the same with most things.
---
Oh, for a new 'proper' Shining Force..and a new Panel de Pon game and a new english release of Puyo Puyo....
#184ArsenicSteelPosted 5/4/2014 11:16:53 AM
If the rest of your clan sets their Xboxes on fire, will you do it too? Clans are stupid. I always say they're only for kids and southern folk.

Extremes and absurd examples are stupid.
Keeping up with the patch level/DLC of a game to keep playing with friends online is not stupid or remotely close to setting anything on fire.

Also buying something doesn't mean it will be liked. Every service/product I buy has some means for me to communicate to the business what I think about their goods. No business ever says customers can only say positive things.
---
A heretic among heretics.
#185NairodmaticPosted 5/4/2014 11:51:45 AM
Sega9599 posted...
Nairodmatic posted...

Games came with manuals. Now they don't. How much of the savings were passed down?

A full game can be purchased digitally. How much money is saved by cutting out the middle men from not selling it on disk? Digital is still 60 just like the physical counterpart. Will the main content be next?

Technically when you are buying digital, you support the developers a LOT more than when you buy second hand. Truth. That's GOOD, it doesn't mean they should charge about $15 for a brand new AAA game because there is no resale value or case to consider.

To me, it's not an issue of "support" or lack thereof for developers because I'm buying used-my values for products are much different than most.

There is no money spent on actual disks.
There is no money spent on paper and ink for manuals.
There is no money spent on casing and packaging.
There is no money spent on shipping, handling, or delivery.
There is no money spent on deals with retailers.

There may be more, but that's all that I can think of. AAA or not, that's money saved by developers and publishers.

An additional way of looking at it is, is that a lot of jobs are lost. Fewer people to pay, fewer dollars to spend putting your product on shelves.

This should equal major savings for the consumer.
---
Gaming since '82. Born in Detroit. Raised in Detroit. Live in Detroit. Play in Detroit. Work in Detroit. I am Detroit.
#186leatheljPosted 5/4/2014 12:04:28 PM
ArsenicSteel posted...
If the rest of your clan sets their Xboxes on fire, will you do it too? Clans are stupid. I always say they're only for kids and southern folk.

Extremes and absurd examples are stupid.
Keeping up with the patch level/DLC of a game to keep playing with friends online is not stupid or remotely close to setting anything on fire.

Also buying something doesn't mean it will be liked. Every service/product I buy has some means for me to communicate to the business what I think about their goods. No business ever says customers can only say positive things.

That's the dumbest thing ever if you don't like something don't buy it you don't need to try it to see if it's bad or good we have the internet now we have youtube a person can learn every single thing about the xb1 and decide right there if they like it DONT buy it if they do LIKE it they will buy it the "don't like it don't buy it" is the most perfect argument ever and it makes sense if you do not like something do not buy it do not support it do not care for it vote with your wallet.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#187Viper187666Posted 5/4/2014 12:36:33 PM(edited)
Sega9599 posted...

Why would I want to support devs who could obviously care less? Both Bungie and 343 were too lazy to patch firefight on Halo Reach to fix the credit payout so people won't have a reason to idle. I used to be constantly stuck with people who didn't play. Do they give me a way to report the people that idle or hide for perfections in firefight? Nope. They wouldn't do that either. Who cares if the real Halo fans actually get matched with people who contribute in co-op. They broke the credit cap on Reach for 3+ months and just deleted topics about it refusing to answer for it. Epic did the same thing when people realized how broken their even system was. 6+ months for a fix and you got deleted/banned for demanding they fix their busted ass game. The idiots that made Spartacus Legends did an absolutely horrid job. Why should I support them by buying gold? Should I support the devs that refuse to fix their glitched achievements too? Screw them all.
---
I refuse to buy XB1 until it's sold without Kinect. No, I'm not a Sony fanboy. See? http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/DSCN0220.JPG
#188ArsenicSteelPosted 5/4/2014 12:59:16 PM
That's the dumbest thing ever if you don't like something don't buy it you don't need to try it to see if it's bad or good we have the internet now we have youtube a person can learn every single thing about the xb1 and decide right there if they like it DONT buy it if they do LIKE it they will buy it the "don't like it don't buy it" is the most perfect argument ever and it makes sense if you do not like something do not buy it do not support it do not care for it vote with your wallet.

Except that doesn't cover the crazy possibility of still not liking something after you bought it when they feel like the information they do know about something was enough to warrant a buy.

"Don't like, don't buy" is painfully simplistic but life is a little more complex than that at times. You're the one lacking in intelligence if you can't see it.

Dumb? Yeah I can see lots of dumbness running rampant in this topic from foolhardy consumers that not want to be silent but want force others to be silent too.

Free speech and consumer rights. Go to your local library and look into those two topics
---
A heretic among heretics.