The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Most theoritical PC to X1 builds are dishonest.

#1Cowboy082288Posted 4/28/2014 6:59:28 AM
Almost every 'What kind of PC can you build for $500 dollars to compete with the X1' comparison I see is disingenuous. Even from professional organizations who make internet articles about it.

They almost always leave out the Kinect device. I know the Kinect is controversial and many say it is unnecessary. But that does not change the fact that it is part of the X1 purchase. So any hypothetical build should include a 1080p camera and a pretty decent mic. It's not one of those generic coming out of your headphones and right next to your mouth crappy mics either.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#2xHughJasxPosted 4/28/2014 7:01:59 AM
Never thought about this. Very true
---
If there wasn't people who blindly defended themselves when proven full of s*** time and again, there'd be no religious people.Or republicans. -jowephocks
#3Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/28/2014 7:04:52 AM(edited)
Kinect isn't required for gaming, it's just a UI input device. Building the comparison for actual gaming purposes, granted you can't play the lackluster Kinect games such as Rivals but it's a trade off.

Edit: Why include a quality mic? It's not like the Xbox One's Kinect picks up your voice flawless, it works around 80% of the time. 1080P Camera is like $10 and a Mic that would pick up your voice 80% of the time is $10

Satisfied now or you going to be butthurt some more?
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#4axelfooley2k5Posted 4/28/2014 7:07:00 AM
they are just showing what CAN be done

nobody wants the kinect when building a gaming pc

nor should they want one when buying a gaming console
---
Sergeant Harrison Yates
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv62bDzeWKQ
#5heffley19Posted 4/28/2014 7:10:01 AM
My brother just bought a PC for DayZ but it isn't top of the line and spent alot of $$$ on it still. I watched him play DayZ, it just stutters and consitantly just jumps around. If you don't have top of the line PC you can't play most of the best games. I will just wait until it comes out on Xbox1. I get PC gamers if you only want PC but, I can't afford to drop that kind of money on a computer.
---
HUGH HEFF (Xbox GT-Heffley)
Twitch account name: Thatoffensiveguy
#6chrish909Posted 4/28/2014 7:13:19 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Kinect isn't required for gaming, it's just a UI input device. Building the comparison for actual gaming purposes, granted you can't play the lackluster Kinect games such as Rivals but it's a trade off.

Edit: Why include a quality mic? It's not like the Xbox One's Kinect picks up your voice flawless, it works around 80% of the time. 1080P Camera is like $10 and a Mic that would pick up your voice 80% of the time is $10

Wow did you bump your head or something this morning, how could you make up so many facts in one post? The kinect doesnt pick up any voice 20% of the time? A kinect costs 20$?

The only reason you come here is because of deep severe butthurt, so I wouldnt mention it if I was you. If I was you Id get help for my mental illness tho.
---
This is why I'm never going to get a ps4
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml
#7Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/28/2014 7:17:46 AM
chrish909 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

Wow did you bump your head or something this morning, how could you make up so many facts in one post? The kinect doesnt pick up any voice 20% of the time? A kinect costs 20$?

The only reason you come here is because of deep severe butthurt, so I wouldnt mention it if I was you. If I was you Id get help for my mental illness tho.

Keep on trolling, kid!
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
#8Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/28/2014 7:18:21 AM
heffley19 posted...
My brother just bought a PC for DayZ but it isn't top of the line and spent alot of $$$ on it still. I watched him play DayZ, it just stutters and consitantly just jumps around. If you don't have top of the line PC you can't play most of the best games. I will just wait until it comes out on Xbox1. I get PC gamers if you only want PC but, I can't afford to drop that kind of money on a computer.

That is Day Z, it does that no matter what. It's a Pre-Alpha game, lol.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
#9heffley19Posted 4/28/2014 7:24:43 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
heffley19 posted...

That is Day Z, it does that no matter what. It's a Pre-Alpha game, lol.

Oh well, that's also why I don't want PC or even Xbox and Sony games do Beta's and Alpha games. I have patience, I will pay for a complete game not a half of a game, Lol
---
HUGH HEFF (Xbox GT-Heffley)
Twitch account name: Thatoffensiveguy
#10LooksLikeRainPosted 4/28/2014 7:28:39 AM
chrish909 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

Well it's a xeeh post. The guy is practically famous for the amount of butthurt and idiocy radiating from him at all times.
---
Is that a W shirt?