Most theoritical PC to X1 builds are dishonest.

#101Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/28/2014 6:19:20 PM
So basically, DirectX 12 is going to cause PCs to way overshoot consoles in the amount of optimization. Yes, optimization is with the API. The other tricks and crap isn't optimization, it's just trying to squeeze an ounce of performance out of a console with smokes and mirrors. The other form of optimization for PC comes from driver optimization.

Console games rarely if never get performance increases, PC games get them all the time. BF4 has went up around 40% in performance since it released due to drivers.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#102Cowboy082288(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 6:36:10 PM
O Xee just stop. You sound panicky.

"Yes, optimization is with the API. The other tricks and crap isn't optimization, it's just trying to squeeze an ounce of performance out of a console with smokes and mirrors."

uhh what?

Give you a heads up, I'm no game dev but I have programmed in assembly before, DX, and GL. Abstraction broadly refers to what one line of code equals in machine lines. The new API is meant to close that abstraction gap while maintaining the efficiency of a higher lvl language. What do you think? That they are going to start making games in assembly? This is why they brought up the point about the tools.

This is very different category from optimizing to hardware. Let me explain something yet again. Even when programs where being built in binary and you don't get much more 'to the metal' than that, you could still optimize to a specific hardware.

Pleas stop Xee, your making a fool of yourself.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#103macmahon187Posted 4/28/2014 7:37:22 PM
Cowboy082288 posted...

"Yes, optimization is with the API. The other tricks and crap isn't optimization, it's just trying to squeeze an ounce of performance out of a console with smokes and mirrors."

uhh what?

Give you a heads up, I'm no game dev but I have programmed in assembly before, DX, and GL. Abstraction broadly refers to what one line of code equals in machine lines. The new API is meant to close that abstraction gap while maintaining the efficiency of a higher lvl language. What do you think? That they are going to start making games in assembly? This is why they brought up the point about the tools.

This is very different category from optimizing to hardware. Let me explain something yet again. Even when programs where being built in binary and you don't get much more 'to the metal' than that, you could still optimize to a specific hardware.

Well let's see how well it works with that lower midrange gfx card and tablet processor. Oh I'm sorry I meant" Xbox one"
---
GameFlux: Unofficial GameFAQs board browser
#104Cowboy082288(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 7:44:39 PM
macmahon187 posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...

uhh what?

Well let's see how well it works with that lower midrange gfx card and tablet processor. Oh I'm sorry I meant" Xbox one"

How well what works? O wait never mind, I don't care what you meant.
---
#105macmahon187Posted 4/28/2014 8:13:07 PM
Cowboy082288 posted...
macmahon187 posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...

uhh what?

Really you didn't understand what that meant. Ok I'll break it down. With the low tier hardware in the x1 such as that beast of a tablet processor. Let's see how much software can improve that incredible performance. Maybe the x1 will get up to 40 fps in something besides a fighting or racing game. That's right you don't care. Wish my pc was backwards compatible with every last gen game in 1080p. Oh that's right. What a terrible decision to go pc. Have fun with your couple of games.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#106Cowboy082288(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 8:23:05 PM
macmahon187 posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...
macmahon187 posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...

uhh what?

Really you didn't understand what that meant. Ok I'll break it down. With the low tier hardware in the x1 such as that beast of a tablet processor. Let's see how much software can improve that incredible performance. Maybe the x1 will get up to 40 fps in something besides a fighting or racing game. That's right you don't care. Wish my pc was backwards compatible with every last gen game in 1080p. Oh that's right. What a terrible decision to go pc. Have fun with your couple of games.

pff like I said, I don't care what your point was.

But here is a link to help you some, find me in the topic.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/916373-pc/69124250?page=6#70
---
#107macmahon187Posted 4/28/2014 8:31:56 PM
Lol I was reading that thread a little bit ago. Ok i see your point. But as a fellow pc gamer why do defend a hyped up console like this. I will probably get one after it gets down to 300 and has games to play. But for the love of god what does it offer right now. Just to be clear I loved my 360 til around 2010 or so.
---
GameFlux: Unofficial GameFAQs board browser
#108Cowboy082288(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 8:37:20 PM
macmahon187 posted...
Lol I was reading that thread a little bit ago. Ok i see your point. But as a fellow pc gamer why do defend a hyped up console like this. I will probably get one after it gets down to 300 and has games to play. But for the love of god what does it offer right now. Just to be clear I loved my 360 til around 2010 or so.

I'm really not trying to defend the X1. I actually chose to pass up getting one for now because I wanted to rebuild a lot of my PC. It is just that I find it disingenuous when sites like gamespot do a hypothetical build for $500 and compare it to the X1. Reason being that they always leave out the cost of the camera and mic. It is part of the hardware when you purchase an X1, so an equivalent device should be included in any hypothetical 1 to 1 PC build.
---
#109macmahon187Posted 4/28/2014 8:43:17 PM
Cowboy082288 posted...
macmahon187 posted...

I'm really not trying to defend the X1. I actually chose to pass up getting one for now because I wanted to rebuild a lot of my PC. It is just that I find it disingenuous when sites like gamespot do a hypothetical build for $500 and compare it to the X1. Reason being that they always leave out the cost of the camera and mic. It is part of the hardware when you purchase an X1, so an equivalent device should be included in any hypothetical 1 to 1 PC build.

But that's the beauty of pc. We get to decide if we want those features. Also that doesn't help with the overall performance. But I suppose to get equal features like Skype and such it is.
---
Brought to you by GameFlux
Free GameFAQs app on Google Play!
#110CharadeSmithPosted 4/29/2014 3:44:05 AM
Is this a joke topic?
---
"I buy physical because if I can't touch it then it doesn't exist" - GameFAQs wisdom.