Most theoritical PC to X1 builds are dishonest.

#111schmarkenheimerPosted 4/29/2014 8:30:21 AM
82xeno posted...
godplaysSNES posted...
It's dishonest that very few price comparisons include the cost of PS+ and Live Gold for the consoles.

This...and also keyboard and mouse. I would say a decent mouse/KB combo would run you about $80 alone.

Do you not have a KB+M? If you're doing that, include a new TV for the new console.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#112-FryShakeWad-Posted 4/29/2014 8:45:09 AM
Most PC users are dishonest. Makes sense.
---
I am Ultimate Warrior. You are the Ultimate Warrior fans. And the spirit of The Ultimate Warrior will run forever! - James Brian Hellwig (R.I.P)
#113vashtrichamPosted 4/29/2014 10:09:23 AM
schmarkenheimer posted...
82xeno posted...
godplaysSNES posted...
It's dishonest that very few price comparisons include the cost of PS+ and Live Gold for the consoles.

This...and also keyboard and mouse. I would say a decent mouse/KB combo would run you about $80 alone.

Do you not have a KB+M? If you're doing that, include a new TV for the new console.

Big difference, If i am building a gaming pc why would I use a crappy KB/M made for office use and not buy a gaming mouse and Keyboard. Again to make most builds you are cheaping out on many features.
---
Marvel heroes: Cap and Gambit
#114Madmax1985Posted 4/29/2014 10:23:27 AM
heffley19 posted...
My brother just bought a PC for DayZ but it isn't top of the line and spent alot of $$$ on it still. I watched him play DayZ, it just stutters and consitantly just jumps around. If you don't have top of the line PC you can't play most of the best games. I will just wait until it comes out on Xbox1. I get PC gamers if you only want PC but, I can't afford to drop that kind of money on a computer.

It stutters because dayz is a buggy and poorly optimized mess. It's a decent mod, But nowhere near what it should be.
#115Madmax1985Posted 4/29/2014 10:24:25 AM
vashtricham posted...
82xeno posted...
godplaysSNES posted...

Big difference, If i am building a gaming pc why would I use a crappy KB/M made for office use and not buy a gaming mouse and Keyboard. Again to make most builds you are cheaping out on many features.

I agree, if you are even considering getting into hardcore pc gaming. Don't skimp out on things that are needed.

Go all the way or just stick to a console.
#116vashtrichamPosted 4/29/2014 10:36:51 AM(edited)
Madmax1985 posted...
vashtricham posted...
82xeno posted...
godplaysSNES posted...

I agree, if you are even considering getting into hardcore pc gaming. Don't skimp out on things that are needed.

Go all the way or just stick to a console.

Exactly you wouldnt buy a console and then be ok with terrible 3rd party controller which most are.
--
#117godplaysSNESPosted 4/29/2014 10:42:54 AM
You also need monster cables
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#118BilliePilgrimPosted 4/29/2014 11:00:20 AM
vashtricham posted...
Exactly you wouldnt buy a console and then be ok with terrible 3rd party controller which most are.

I used a cheap mouse and keyboard for years. They are more usable than a cheap controller and last longer. I wouldn't say a cheap m/k is the same as a cheap controller.

Anyway, these topics also always blast past the added cost of XBL/PS+, which is significantly more than the cost of what needs to be spent on an m/k.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://i.imgur.com/9bAOZZq.jpg
#119vashtrichamPosted 4/29/2014 11:08:35 AM
BilliePilgrim posted...
vashtricham posted...

I used a cheap mouse and keyboard for years. They are more usable than a cheap controller and last longer. I wouldn't say a cheap m/k is the same as a cheap controller.

Anyway, these topics also always blast past the added cost of XBL/PS+, which is significantly more than the cost of what needs to be spent on an m/k.

I would say that a keyboard is less important as a mouse but after trying to play FPS with my generic mouse I immediately went out and bought a gaming mouse and the difference is huge. There is also a big difference in games like LoL. It is pretty similar to me in performance and in costs. I also have spent less on live then I have on a mouse and its replacement and a few keyboards in the same time period.
---
#120BilliePilgrimPosted 4/29/2014 11:18:07 AM
vashtricham posted...
BilliePilgrim posted...
vashtricham posted...

I would say that a keyboard is less important as a mouse but after trying to play FPS with my generic mouse I immediately went out and bought a gaming mouse and the difference is huge. There is also a big difference in games like LoL. It is pretty similar to me in performance and in costs. I also have spent less on live then I have on a mouse and its replacement and a few keyboards in the same time period.

If those replacements weren't mandatory, then you can't equate them. Buying a better keyboard or mouse as a nicety isn't the same as needing to buy XBL for access to basic functionality of the console.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://i.imgur.com/9bAOZZq.jpg